Best Star Trek captain

Who is the best Star Trek captain ?

• Archer

• Kirk

• Picard

• Sisko

• Janeway

• Other ( one-offs, mirror universes etc )

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arafax

Mar 28, 2005
Manitoba, Canada
Visit site
✟15,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Picard.

Archer was really good though. Janeway was just too short sighted.

Kirk, well....he was too stupid. I love Kirk, but c'mon! Picard had tactics, knowledge, command presence, cunning, etc, that were light years ahead of Kirk. The guy knows how to properly handle his command to the FULL. But we have to look to more than just the tv shows to learn about these characters. Some of those shows were just badly written.

At least the books are more well thought out and give us a MUCH better idea to the abilities of each Captain.

So if I were to go by the books, I would say Captain Mackenzie Calhoun is the best captain. He is from the New Frontier novels penned by Peter David. By far the most entertaining Captain. Crazy, absolutely crazy.

Upvote 0

Godfixated

Mar 14, 2006
✟15,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WalksWithChrist said:
Archer fought off the Borg with the Star Trek equivalent of a Gremlin. ;)
The only problem with that is that I don't understand how Archer fought the Borg whether it was in the future or not, when the first contact with the borg by humans was in TNG.

Upvote 0

Tigress_86

Universalist Friend
Feb 17, 2006
✟15,498.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Greens
Picard was the best captain. I have no reason as to why except that he was captain on the best Star Trek series to date. Sorry to all the fans of Kirk and the original Star Trek, but I've never been much of a fan. I'd say the only cool thing to come out of the original, besides TNG, was Spock.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Godfixated said:
The only problem with that is that I don't understand how Archer fought the Borg whether it was in the future or not, when the first contact with the borg by humans was in TNG.
That's the beauty of the Trek timeline being so screwed up! It was the wreckage of the Borg Sphere from First Contact that turned up on Enterprise. :thumbsup: I figured out pretty quick that Enterprise never stuck to any set timeline very closely...for better or for worse.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Tigress_86 said:
Picard was the best captain. I have no reason as to why except that he was captain on the best Star Trek series to date. Sorry to all the fans of Kirk and the original Star Trek, but I've never been much of a fan. I'd say the only cool thing to come out of the original, besides TNG, was Spock.
Yeah! Spock has always been my favorite. And don't forget...*Captain* Spock rescued Kirk in VI!! And he basically figured out the whole plot against the Federation in what I think is one of the most chilling scenes in all of Star Trek. When he does that mind meld with Lt. Valeris...gives me the willies every time! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Pointman7

Dec 22, 2005
Tyler, Texas
✟9,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tigress_86 said:

I don't know if Picard could do as well on a Constellation class starship with limited speed, no holo deck, no transporter filters with limited beaming, smaller bridge with no office and no Riker to send on away missions. Also no Data or Deanna. Picard had alot of help. Kirk used "Cowboy diplomacy."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Pointman7 said:
I don't know if Picard could do as well on a Constellation class starship with limited speed, no holo deck, no transporter filters with limited beaming, smaller bridge with no office and no Riker to send on away missions. Also no Data or Deanna. Picard had alot of help. Kirk used "Cowboy diplomacy."
Yeee haaa!!! ;)

Upvote 0

Pointman7

Dec 22, 2005
Tyler, Texas
✟9,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WalksWithChrist said:
Yeee haaa!!! ;)

Westerns were big in the 60's. TOS even had a Billy the Kid western style episode and a 30's style Capone mobster episode on alien planets not on the Enterprise in a holo deck. Kirk's Capone accent was better than Picard's Private dick accent.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Pointman7 said:
Westerns were big in the 60's. TOS even had a Billy the Kid western style episode and a 30's style Capone mobster episode on alien planets not on the Enterprise in a holo deck. Kirk's Capone accent was better than Picard's Private dick accent.
heh heh I never quite bought Picard as Dixon Hill. ;) He did fairly well at it tho still. He is a phenomenal actor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Pointman7 said:
Data really grow into this part and got better and better. Riker also got better but only after the beard, new uniforms, and two-part Borg event.
I wouldn't be too upset if *Captain* Riker got his own show...;)

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Arafax said:
So if I were to go by the books, I would say Captain Mackenzie Calhoun is the best captain. He is from the New Frontier novels penned by Peter David. By far the most entertaining Captain. Crazy, absolutely crazy.

oh my i forgot about him!

i only read the first few books. hilarious! and a guy with purple eyes...

Upvote 0

wanderphilos

Veteran
Mar 27, 2006
✟9,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yahweh Nissi said:
Picard - Patric Stewart's great, understated acting added a whole lot of quality to Next Generation.

Just for the record though...Patrick Stewart was born to play the role of Xavier in the X-men series.....:cool:

but he's still a great captain!!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Pointman7

Dec 22, 2005
Tyler, Texas
✟9,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
wanderphilos said:
Just for the record though...Patrick Stewart was born to play the role of Xavier in the X-men series.....:cool:

but he's still a great captain!!:thumbsup:
I wasn't crazy about this movie but the acting was incredible.

Upvote 0