Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Westminster Reference Bible is simply the best. It's like the Thompson Chain on roids.

p-6203-90U-2-1-1.jpg

I posted pics of three different sizes I own and use here if you're interested.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

chuckpeterson

Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
texas
✟134,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I favor the KJV

The Old Testament is the original Hebrew Bible, the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, written at different times between about 1200 and 165 BC. The New Testament books were written by Christians in the first century AD.
BBC - Religions - Christianity: The Bible

Scholars in the first half of the 20th century came to the conclusion that the Yahwist was produced in the monarchic period, specifically at the court of Solomon, 10th century BC, and the Priestly work in the middle of the 5th century BC (the author was even identified as Ezra), but more recent thinking is that the Yahwist was written either just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century BC, and the Priestly final edition was made late in the Exilic period or soon after
Book of Genesis - Wikipedia

• Agree
Reactions: 2tim_215
Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Personally, I favor the KJV

The Old Testament is the original Hebrew Bible, the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, written at different times between about 1200 and 165 BC. The New Testament books were written by Christians in the first century AD.
BBC - Religions - Christianity: The Bible

Scholars in the first half of the 20th century came to the conclusion that the Yahwist was produced in the monarchic period, specifically at the court of Solomon, 10th century BC, and the Priestly work in the middle of the 5th century BC (the author was even identified as Ezra), but more recent thinking is that the Yahwist was written either just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century BC, and the Priestly final edition was made late in the Exilic period or soon after
Book of Genesis - Wikipedia

^_^ It is a KJV!

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Biblehub.com is the best reference Bible ;)

Only for the fancy pants folks with data. lol

Honestly, I still read from bound books. I've tried using a tab but it's just not for me. I imagine people said similar things when scrolls were replaced by bound books.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

AMR

Presbyterian (PCA) - Bona Fide Reformed
Jun 19, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Visit site
✟211,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Westminster Reference Bible is simply the best. It's like the Thompson Chain on roids.
Much better than the Thomson. No categories are assumed in the cross-references as does Thompson. Letting the text speak for itself.

The WRB is sort of a KJV and an expanded Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge rolled into one. ;)

If you want to improve even more using cross-references to the Confessions, take the attachment and add it to your bible manually. It took me around six months off and on to transcribe the references into my personal bible.

Attachments

• WCF Cross References.txt
    58.3 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Much better than the Thomson. No categories are assumed in the cross-references as does Thompson. Letting the text speak for itself.

The WRB is sort of a KJV and an expanded Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge rolled into one. ;)

If you want to improve even more using cross-references to the Confessions, take the attachment and add it to your bible manually. It took me around six months off and on to transcribe the references into my personal bible.
Is the Sword Searcher version DVDs or an app download?

Upvote 0