Visit site
✟15,623.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I've been trying to find the best place to get a cross necklace but I've only found 2 really and not really sure about either so I decided to ask everyone who looks at this. I'll provide some info: I looked at Argos and H Samuel, I live in the UK (please no USA ones!) and I'm allergic to silver (many places only do silver ones and I felt if I didn't say this, I may be wasting some people's time).

Thankyou very much, and God Bless you all :)

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been trying to find the best place to get a cross necklace but I've only found 2 really and not really sure about either so I decided to ask everyone who looks at this. I'll provide some info: I looked at Argos and H Samuel, I live in the UK (please no USA ones!) and I'm allergic to silver (many places only do silver ones and I felt if I didn't say this, I may be wasting some people's time).

Thankyou very much, and God Bless you all :)

The last one I bought was an Orthodox cross from Ebay. Mine is silver, but there are bronze and gold as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Christianity-/11668/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=orthodox+cross

Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Liberasit

Oct 25, 2013
✟18,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
The Internet always has options, but some churches have gift shops that you could visit. If you go the Internet route, you could try to find a gift shop online with a church - which often means your purchase will support their ministry.

I was thinking this too. I think we need to do as much as we can to support Christian book shops and church/cathedral shops. They might not be the cheapest, but we would definitely miss them if they went out of business.

The last cross I bought - a wooden holding cross - came from a parish church bookshop in the next town. We have a bookshop in our fellowship but it just sells books, but can order in anything.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

John Shrewsbury

Aug 13, 2009
United Kingdom
✟16,104.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
'they are Catholic, but ... '

What is that about?

You asked where to buy a cross, I suggested a site which is Catholic. That's all. I wasn't sure where in the Anglican tradition you stood, as some Anglicans have difficulties with Catholicism. I don't. I am Anglo Catholic myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
You asked where to buy a cross, I suggested a site which is Catholic. That's all. I wasn't sure where in the Anglican tradition you stood, as some Anglicans have difficulties with Catholicism. I don't. I am Anglo Catholic myself.

I am not the OP. & I think you will find the neutral phrase is, 'they are Catholic, and ...'

Upvote 0

John Shrewsbury

Aug 13, 2009
United Kingdom
✟16,104.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I am not the OP. & I think you will find the neutral phrase is, 'they are Catholic, and ...'

I'm sorry, but I don't need you to correct me, thank you. If you read my post properly you would see I am Anglo Catholic and have great love for Catholics in general. You may have taken my original post as a slight, but it wasn't.

Upvote 0

Liberasit

Oct 25, 2013
✟18,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Hey everyone. I've only just seen all these reply's because I just got back from holiday. Thanks for all of your replies :) I bought one from Argos earlier today and it is great. Thanks for all your help :)
Good to see you back :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sean611

Feb 24, 2012
Missouri
✟20,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have to reiterate what others have said here and say your best bet is Ebay. Sellers on there have a diverse offering of cross necklaces and many are very reasonably priced.

I also have to say that I've had luck finding religious related items at antique and flea markets as well. I have found old bibles, rosaries, necklaces, crucifixes, and I even found a 1892 pocket sized Prayer Book at one antique shop!

Upvote 0