Besides God, what other logical explanation is there for the beginning of life?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Tour is looking at this from a non-political science view point,

His political views seem to be the reason he dissents from the evidence. The weirdest thing is, his ideological fixations have him declaring Darwin to be wrong, even though Darwin agrees with him that God created the first living things.

just the facts as we know it and he stands unchallenged in the science community.

In fact, as you just learned, the majority of chemists and the vast majority of biochemists don't agree with him.

At a meeting in Dallas, he actually got worked up enough to falsely accuse another scientist of "lying to you." Unfortunately, for Tour, there were scientists in the audience, and he ended up confronted about that claim, and he had to retract the accusation and apologize for it.

The weird thing about that accusation was that it involved a diagram by the scientist showing glyceraldehyde. Tour did not realize that glyceraldehyde is a aldose and falsely declared the scientist was lying by saying it is. It is in fact, the simplest and most basic of aldoses. As one commentator wrote, understanding that is high school chemistry.

There's something really wrong with that guy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His political views seem to be the reason he dissents from the evidence. The weirdest thing is, his ideological fixations have him declaring Darwin to be wrong, even though Darwin agrees with him that God created the first living things.

In fact, as you just learned, the majority of chemists and the vast majority of biochemists don't agree with him.

At a meeting in Dallas, he actually got worked up enough to falsely accuse another scientist of "lying to you." Unfortunately, for Tour, there were scientists in the audience, and he ended up confronted about that claim, and he had to retract the accusation and apologize for it.

The weird thing about that accusation was that it involved a diagram by the scientist showing glyceraldehyde. Tour did not realize that glyceraldehyde is a aldose and falsely declared the scientist was lying by saying it is. It is in fact, the simplest and most basic of aldoses. As one commentator wrote, understanding that is high school chemistry.

There's something really wrong with that guy.
I don't think so, Tour is a synthetic chemist asking questions that few could understand the answers. So he has asked the scientists that should have the answers to how life began but they don't. Maybe you could explain it to him, I'm quite sure he would listen to you but could you answer his questions?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’ve watched his videos . He basically throws around the names of chemicals and chemical families which many in his audience would not have a clue about. Since I have a science background I was aware that some of his info was either wrong or outdated . As barbarian says we find Animo acids in space along with chemicals like methane (Which is the simplest hydrocarbon) and water . I wasn’t impressed by Tour and didn’t finish the video

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think so, Tour is a synthetic chemist asking questions that few could understand the answers.

When I was a freshman in college I knew glyceraldehyde is an aldose. And he didn't even after getting degrees in chemistry. It's very basic organic chemistry. So much for the "synthetic chemist."

So he has asked the scientists that should have the answers to how life began but they don't.

Why do you think that? Most scientists agree with God that the Earth produced living things, but the details are tough. We're getting more information about how that happened, but we might never know exactly how it happened. I would think a "synthetic chemist" would know that.

Maybe you could explain it to him, I'm quite sure he would listen to you but could you answer his questions?

Already did one. Glyceraldehyde is an aldose. What else?

Like most carbohydrates, simple aldoses have the general chemical formula Cn(H2O)n. Because formaldehyde (n=1) and glycolaldehyde (n=2) are not generally considered to be carbohydrates, the simplest possible aldose is the triose glyceraldehyde, which only contains three carbon atoms.
Aldose - Wikipedia

As I showed you, the cell membrane would have to be the first element of cellular life, and it happens to be self-organizing and extremely simple. God is much more capable than creationists would like Him to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here’s a pretty good overview of how life started from chemicals ( a little outdated about what we know because the video is from 2008) . This explains abiogenesis well though.
192E3D20-EE49-4AA4-81E9-F0D49C647051.jpeg
E33CC6F2-44A4-4AAE-9011-9F84A36C7DA2.jpeg
A screenshot from the video referencing other aspects of living organisms.

and you can hear Ode to Joy

Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0