✟263,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believing into the New Creation..

We as Christian’s are told we are to live by faith.. Faith in God and faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross, to the perfecting of our salvation..

We are also told to;

“to work out our own salvation”

What is this working out, that we are told that is our own responsibility?

It is being put in practical and actual possession of those things that Christ secured for us by His death....Which things are put forth as the Fruit of the Spirit....Meaning that the life that is joined to Christ should be manifesting these outward works for all to see...The works of patience, the works of kindness, the works of self control, the works of love, (which does no wrong to their neighbor).. And the manifestation of all good and proper behavior which includes the manifestation of peace and joy, kindness and goodness. The manifestation of all these outward works.

Since this is put forth in scripture as what should be in the life of a believer, the question can be asked, how?

Since the directive we read is, the just shall live by faith....And we are also told, that, the old things have passed away and all things have become new.... It is this, the all things have become new, that our faith is to grab onto.... This new birth, this new creation that we are told that we are by virtue of being joined to Christ...It is the believing into this new creation that we are told we are in Christ, that is the working out of the salvation we have in Christ..

All the old things have passed away says scripture... Now by faith we are to grab onto this new creation we are in Christ Jesus... And this grabbing unto this new creation by faith will bring it to manifestation in our lives.... By faith you are that which your heart grabs onto...For all things come from God through faith..That includes all wisdom, all growth, all knowledge and all good things towards righteousness, whatever they might be... All come through the faith of the heart turned towards God...As scripture says, be it unto you according to your faith... This believing into the new creation is, in other words, this reckoning ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God, just using different words to put forth this same truth... This, not I but Christ truth...

For when we were born again a new life was birthed in us.. And faith is the food of this new life... This Divine nature that was birthed in us needs to grow and be given full reign in our lives...This we have to want, this we have to desire above all things... We are told in scripture that they all deserted Paul and did not follow him any more... This does not mean that they lost there salvation and were no longer saved..It means that they chose to be content where they were, content where they were in God. That is why Paul asks that this not be held against them...To continue in this work... This is the working out of our salvation, this going to this work, to have this work done in our lives.. And this work will cost us everything, everything of self, everything of own will... For righteousness being manifested in our lives is that thing alone that can and does please God, and righteous behavior is the only thing He can bless... And the choice is always ours, we can choose to go with Paul to the work or we can choose to turn aside...In other words, we can choose to remain a babe in Christ, a toddler in Christ, a young man in Christ, saved but not yet full grown..

For Christ has been given to mankind, we may have as much or as little of Him as our hearts would have... We may believe into the new creation and thereby will the Divine nature grow and manifest itself in our lives or we may be satisfied with our life and not choose to give it up...Both options are open to the believer, both will present themselves before Him..

As Scripture says, that we might receive an abundant welcome, meaning that there will be some that are welcome, just not abundantly.. And again it says, that there will be those that will get a full reward, meaning that there are some that will get a reward, just not a full one, or again, with different words, but the same truth, some a greater glory, some a lesser glory..

We get to choose. Hopefully we will choose a full reward and a going to the work, to the believing into the new creation, whereby Christ can be formed in our lives so He can be read in our lives by all man...For by grace are we saved through faith and that not of ourselves it is a gift of God...

To the using of this gift fully, to the forming of the new man in Christ Jesus in us.

For when Jesus died, we died. To the degree one sees and appropriates this death to themselves, to that degree can and will they be set free from their fallen nature’s to walk in the freedom that is their’s in Christ Jesus.. For the growth and manifestation of the new birth in us is our Christ in us our Hope of Glory...

Be blessed all, a fellow servant of His, Not me

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Not Me' - I really like your threads.

A few comments:

It seems to me that the 'New Creation' that we become is a person with Jesus Christ living in us.

That sound rather vague and mystical, but it is really quite simple. Because is sound rather vague we often come up with long vague and mystical sound ideas about it. Yet if it is simply me with Christ living in me, then it just means that we (Him and I) run my life, not just me.

Simply put, I have ideas about how I should run my life and He has ideas about how I should run my life and we talk them over. The fact that He gave me life and freewill means I get to make the decision. The fact that He is God and I believe in Him means that I need to give serious consideration to what He has to say. Still, He gave me freewill and the choices remain mine.

The result is that I have an idea but I want His input, so I seek Him and listen to His input. 'Not Me' wrote a wonderful thread about taking all thoughts captive to Him, and that is the result of believing in Him - That I tend to that thoughts captive to Him. The more I believe in Him (being God and with Me) the more I take thoughts captive to Him. So again we see that the 'New Creation' simply means He and I live together.

The effect of this, based upon the result just mentioned, is that I do things better!!!

I mean, He is God and thus smarter, wiser, and more loving that the self-centered man I am without Him (the Old Creation, if you want to put it that way)

So really it is not all that vague or even mystical, at least to me. Him and I now talk and walk together. That is all the new creation really is. Us two as one in the same body. So Him and I become one. This is exactly what Jesus Praying the garden, that we would be one with Him like He is one with the Father. It is all accomplish by His Spirit, the Spirit of God whom He sent.

Another comment on the OP is that faith in not food!!! Faith is the way I can acquire the food. He is the food! Saying faith is the food is like saying the fork is the food. Jesus said He was the bread and He is the Word of God. Therefore the words of God are our food, just like it is written that it is the Spirit who give life and Jesus said My words are spirit and are life.

• Friendly
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'Not Me' - I really like your threads.

A few comments:

It seems to me that the 'New Creation' that we become is a person with Jesus Christ living in us.

That sound rather vague and mystical, but it is really quite simple. Because is sound rather vague we often come up with long vague and mystical sound ideas about it. Yet if it is simply me with Christ living in me, then it just means that we (Him and I) run my life, not just me.

Simply put, I have ideas about how I should run my life and He has ideas about how I should run my life and we talk them over. The fact that He gave me life and freewill means I get to make the decision. The fact that He is God and I believe in Him means that I need to give serious consideration to what He has to say. Still, He gave me freewill and the choices remain mine.

The result is that I have an idea but I want His input, so I seek Him and listen to His input. 'Not Me' wrote a wonderful thread about taking all thoughts captive to Him, and that is the result of believing in Him - That I tend to that thoughts captive to Him. The more I believe in Him (being God and with Me) the more I take thoughts captive to Him. So again we see that the 'New Creation' simply means He and I live together.

The effect of this, based upon the result just mentioned, is that I do things better!!!

I mean, He is God and thus smarter, wiser, and more loving that the self-centered man I am without Him (the Old Creation, if you want to put it that way)

So really it is not all that vague or even mystical, at least to me. Him and I now talk and walk together. That is all the new creation really is. Us two as one in the same body. So Him and I become one. This is exactly what Jesus Praying the garden, that we would be one with Him like He is one with the Father. It is all accomplish by His Spirit, the Spirit of God whom He sent.

Another comment on the OP is that faith in not food!!! Faith is the way I can acquire the food. He is the food! Saying faith is the food is like saying the fork is the food. Jesus said He was the bread and He is the Word of God. Therefore the words of God are our food, just like it is written that it is the Spirit who give life and Jesus said My words are spirit and are life.

Thanks, and I do love the way you put forth and talk about your personal relationship with Christ.. It does bless the heart to see how God works in another believer life...

Keep pressing into the One who has called you out of darkness into His glorious light..

If I might add a thought, about faith not being food for the new creation growing in us..You mentioned that faith is like the fork that carries the food..Well that would be a ok analogy if the fork was taken into the body as nourishment..But it is not, but faith is taken into the heart to nourish the life of the new creation..If you want to say faith was the food and Christ was the vitamin and mineral that the body needs for growth that would be a better analogy because faith is taken into the body that carries the necessary nourishment...But either way, I wish you all the good things in Christ, as He forms Himself in us each and every day, to a larger and larger degree.

Be blessed in Him my brother in the faith, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, and I do love the way you put forth and talk about your personal relationship with Christ.. It does bless the heart to see how God works in another believer life...

Keep pressing into the One who has called you out of darkness into His glorious light..

If I might add a thought, about faith not being food for the new creation growing in us..You mentioned that faith is like the fork that carries the food..Well that would be a ok analogy if the fork was taken into the body as nourishment..But it is not, but faith is taken into the heart to nourish the life of the new creation..If you want to say faith was the food and Christ was the vitamin and mineral that the body needs for growth that would be a better analogy because faith is taken into the body that carries the necessary nourishment...But either way, I wish you all the good things in Christ, as He forms Himself in us each and every day, to a larger and larger degree.

Be blessed in Him my brother in the faith, Not me

Humm - Is it faith or the Lord who has words for us, that is taken into the heart?

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to Him

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, in your mouth and in your heart" - which is, the word of faith which we are preaching.

Jn 6:56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in Him.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

I think faith is more a matter of the mind, but the Word (Jesus Christ) is near us, in our heart if we hear His voice and open the door. Again, I think faith is what I need and use to get the Word (Jesus Christ) but it is the Word which is found in your heart when hear by using our faith.

Understanding this might not be so important but knowing Him and listening to His voice, of course is. Yet, we both know that and we both want others to know that - so I am just saying :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Humm - Is it faith or the Lord who has words for us, that is taken into the heart?

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to Him

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, in your mouth and in your heart" - which is, the word of faith which we are preaching.

Jn 6:56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in Him.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

I think faith is more a matter of the mind, but the Word (Jesus Christ) is near us, in our heart if we hear His voice and open the door. Again, I think faith is what I need and use to get the Word (Jesus Christ) but it is the Word which is found in your heart when hear by using our faith.

Understanding this might not be so important but knowing Him and listening to His voice, of course is. Yet, we both know that and we both want others to know that - so I am just saying :)

Be it unto you according to your faith...

Be blessed in Him, Not me

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture is important to back up what is said to know that it's coming from the Holy Spirit leading and not from imagination. It’s not edifying to anyone else otherwise.

Scriptures can be used to back up any thing that the heart of man can imagine...It is the faith of the heart turned towards God that is able to listen to the peace of Christ in ones heart to able to apply scripture where it belongs.

For a scriptural truth applied where it does not belong becomes a falsehood.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scriptures can be used to back up any thing that the heart of man can imagine...It is the faith of the heart turned towards God that is able to listen to the peace of Christ in ones heart to able to apply scripture where it belongs.

For a scriptural truth applied where it does not belong becomes a falsehood.

I was referring to posts that tell of Christ speaking that should quote what Christ said, how that lines up with scripture and what application it meant to them without which others can’t share in the learning and it remains heresy on the part of the poster.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was referring to posts that tell of Christ speaking that should quote what Christ said, how that lines up with scripture and what application it meant to them without which others can’t share in the learning and it remains heresy on the part of the poster.

I am sorry, please forgive, but I’m not able to understand....But that’s ok, because God does see, know, understand and love....So to His hands do I leave you and me and all those that would be His...

To Him be our everything, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a subject that is way too often misunderstood and that misunderstanding will greatly deter a person from getting "deeper fellowship" with the Lord!

The scriptures are like a map, in that they lead us to Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God. Like any map, and more so, we need the Scriptures to make sure we wind up in the right location!!

Yet the map is not the location!! The Scriptures do not give us salvation, the Lord does. Since the Scriptures we written per the instructions of the Lord, they do have wisdom in them, but that wisdom is not all the wisdom the Lord has for us!! And even that wisdom came from the mouth of the Lord!

The mistake we people, even and especially those called by the Lord, is that we make it about the map (the Scriptures) instead of seeking Him, like the Scriptures tell us. Jesus told the people they searched the Scriptures for eternal life instead of coming to Him, and Jesus said that no man born of woman was greater that John the Baptist but still made a comparison between John and a reed blowing in the wind.

That is to say that if we start blowing in the wind we might start looking to the Scriptures instead of believing our Lord Jesus Christ is with us. And that shows up in certain ways! It shows up in us elevating the Scriptures above the Lord Jesus Christ!

For example the Scriptures are not all knowing!! They have a limited number of pages!! So they can't tell you what to get at the market today or even if you should go to the market today. So we wouldn't say that the Scriptures can back up anything the heart of man can come up with. The Lord can though, and He is with me.

I was considering going to the market today. I assure you, that it is on my heart but I am not going to the Scriptures to back up my decision!! I am however going to talk to the Lord about it!! In fact I was thinking I might want to go to both Walmart and the grocery store today. I can make that decision on my own, but since the Lord is with me I am going to seek His advice on this subject that is on my heart today. Seeking His wisdom on this very heart felt issue (I am getting low on some supplies and my wife will get mad at me if we run out of toilet paper so this is a heart felt issue to be sure) is very important to me and thus the understanding that He, Jesus Christ, is with me so I don't have to seek the Scriptures for an answer on this, leads me to a deeper relationship with Him!!!!!

I would like others to get a deeper relationship with Him. It is of great value in their lives. But if they think that Scriptures have the answer for everything in the heart, they are not going to seek the Lord Jesus Christ on the issued that are really on our heart.

This is to say that they have the map but they don't follow it!! If they followed the map, "Today" it would have lead the to the Lord Jesus Christ and a deeper relationship with Him.

It is written that "Today, if you hear His voice" So there is a very specific day to hear His voice, and it is "Today". Each day has enough challenges. God made is so, and so we need to seek Him "Today" and listen. So are we going to follow the map (The Scriptures) and seek Him for what is on our hearts today, or not? Don't blow in the wind. Is the Lord Jesus Christ really with you "Today"? What do you say to that???

My friends - Jesus Christ has the answers! That is what is written in the Scriptures so why do we keep thinking the Scriptures can back of every think that is in the hearts and imagination of men? Jesus will either back it up or not. The Scriptures do back that up!

Prov 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Note that the above verse does not say from His book, but from His mouth! Of course if John the Baptist blew in the wind and wound up sending his disciples to ask who Jesus was when he, John, had proclaim to everyone present who Jesus was when he baptized Jesus, then I should expect that we will also. Still, let me ask - are we talking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ or to the Scriptures?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a subject that is way too often misunderstood and that misunderstanding will greatly deter a person from getting "deeper fellowship" with the Lord!

The scriptures are like a map, in that they lead us to Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God. Like any map, and more so, we need the Scriptures to make sure we wind up in the right location!!

Yet the map is not the location!! The Scriptures do not give us salvation, the Lord does. Since the Scriptures we written per the instructions of the Lord, they do have wisdom in them, but that wisdom is not all the wisdom the Lord has for us!! And even that wisdom came from the mouth of the Lord!

The mistake we people, even and especially those called by the Lord, is that we make it about the map (the Scriptures) instead of seeking Him, like the Scriptures tell us. Jesus told the people they searched the Scriptures for eternal life instead of coming to Him, and Jesus said that no man born of woman was greater that John the Baptist but still made a comparison between John and a reed blowing in the wind.

That is to say that if we start blowing in the wind we might start looking to the Scriptures instead of believing our Lord Jesus Christ is with us. And that shows up in certain ways! It shows up in us elevating the Scriptures above the Lord Jesus Christ!

For example the Scriptures are not all knowing!! They have a limited number of pages!! So they can't tell you what to get at the market today or even if you should go to the market today. So we wouldn't say that the Scriptures can back up anything the heart of man can come up with. The Lord can though, and He is with me.

I was considering going to the market today. I assure you, that it is on my heart but I am not going to the Scriptures to back up my decision!! I am however going to talk to the Lord about it!! In fact I was thinking I might want to go to both Walmart and the grocery store today. I can make that decision on my own, but since the Lord is with me I am going to seek His advice on this subject that is on my heart today. Seeking His wisdom on this very heart felt issue (I am getting low on some supplies and my wife will get mad at me if we run out of toilet paper so this is a heart felt issue to be sure) is very important to me and thus the understanding that He, Jesus Christ, is with me so I don't have to seek the Scriptures for an answer on this, leads me to a deeper relationship with Him!!!!!

I would like others to get a deeper relationship with Him. It is of great value in their lives. But if they think that Scriptures have the answer for everything in the heart, they are not going to seek the Lord Jesus Christ on the issued that are really on our heart.

This is to say that they have the map but they don't follow it!! If they followed the map, "Today" it would have lead the to the Lord Jesus Christ and a deeper relationship with Him.

It is written that "Today, if you hear His voice" So there is a very specific day to hear His voice, and it is "Today". Each day has enough challenges. God made is so, and so we need to seek Him "Today" and listen. So are we going to follow the map (The Scriptures) and seek Him for what is on our hearts today, or not? Don't blow in the wind. Is the Lord Jesus Christ really with you "Today"? What do you say to that???

My friends - Jesus Christ has the answers! That is what is written in the Scriptures so why do we keep thinking the Scriptures can back of every think that is in the hearts and imagination of men? Jesus will either back it up or not. The Scriptures do back that up!

Prov 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Note that the above verse does not say from His book, but from His mouth! Of course if John the Baptist blew in the wind and wound up sending his disciples to ask who Jesus was when he, John, had proclaim to everyone present who Jesus was when he baptized Jesus, then I should expect that we will also. Still, let me ask - are we talking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ or to the Scriptures?

Very well said, the written words job, is to point us to the Living Word so that we might go to Him to receive those things written in the written word.. Very true and correct and in this is life..

But please forgive me if I gave the understanding that man could find everything in their hearts in the scriptures.. What I meant to portray was that man could twist scripture to get them to justify whatever his heart could imagine.

Anyways be blessed as you, me , we all go to the Living Word to receive what is written in the written word, to receive the substance not the shadow..

In the beloved, Not me

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Us being a new creation has everything to do with Jesus Christ, as the living Word of God, coming into our life, quite literally!

He sends His Holy Spirit and so He comes into us, so that we find the Word of God that we are preaching in our hearts and on our lips. That is not the Bible but Him living in us and thus creating a new creation where Him I live together.

So the subject of us being a new creation and Him being the Word of God who we find in our heart and on our lips is the same thing.

The written Word, if that is what person wants to call the Holy Scriptures, explain this but it is not part of the new creation because it is found in ink on pages or perhaps on our phone or computer and so it is not always near us, but He said He would not leave us. So we can talk to Him all day long because we are a new creation.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Us being a new creation has everything to do with Jesus Christ, as the living Word of God, coming into our life, quite literally!

He sends His Holy Spirit and so He comes into us, so that we find the Word of God that we are preaching in our hearts and on our lips. That is not the Bible but Him living in us and thus creating a new creation where Him I live together.

So the subject of us being a new creation and Him being the Word of God who we find in our heart and on our lips is the same thing.

The written Word, if that is what person wants to call the Holy Scriptures, explain this but it is not part of the new creation because it is found in ink on pages or perhaps on our phone or computer and so it is not always near us, but He said He would not leave us. So we can talk to Him all day long because we are a new creation.

Agreed, be blessed as your personal relationship with Him grows and abounds in all things..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The difference in the written word is within the interpretation as that of being about the flesh or about the spirit. That which is interpreted to glorify the flesh is law. That which pertains to the spirit is of the Holy Spirit. I take the Lord’s lead at all times but if there are instances of doubt or the slightest hint that it is legalistic thinking then there is the check on the spirit to tell me that it is not a suggestion coming from within but rather from coming from a worldly perspective outside of Holy Spirit. Scripture is for our instruction ...
Romans 15:4
3For even Christ did not please Himself, but as it is written: “The insults of those who insult You have fallen on Me.” 4For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might havehope. 5Now may the God who gives endurance and encouragement grant you harmony with one another in Christ Jesus,…
1 Corinthians 10:11
And do not complain, as some of them did, and were killed by the destroying angel. 11Nowthese things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.12So the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall.…
because
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work.​

Differentiating between soul and spirit can only be discerned by the Holy Spirit and it is the word of God that carries that out.
Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.…

All that is being asked of you is to give an account of what that is rather than telling people to listen to Him randomly. I’m sure that is something that you can understand as not being beneficial because it doesn’t tell people how to discern. Being led to find toilet paper isn’t proof that it was Him.​

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference in the written word is within the interpretation as that of being about the flesh or about the spirit. That which is interpreted to glorify the flesh is law. That which pertains to the spirit is of the Holy Spirit. I take the Lord’s lead at all times but if there are instances of doubt or the slightest hint that it is legalistic thinking then there is the check on the spirit to tell me that it is not a suggestion coming from within but rather from coming from a worldly perspective outside of Holy Spirit. Scripture is for our instruction ...
Romans 15:4
3For even Christ did not please Himself, but as it is written: “The insults of those who insult You have fallen on Me.” 4For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might havehope. 5Now may the God who gives endurance and encouragement grant you harmony with one another in Christ Jesus,…
1 Corinthians 10:11
And do not complain, as some of them did, and were killed by the destroying angel. 11Nowthese things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.12So the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall.…
because
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work.​

Differentiating between soul and spirit can only be discerned by the Holy Spirit and it is the word of God that carries that out.
Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.…

All that is being asked of you is to give an account of what that is rather than telling people to listen to Him randomly. I’m sure that is something that you can understand as not being beneficial because it doesn’t tell people how to discern. Being led to find toilet paper isn’t proof that it was Him.​

Yes - a bit wordy but I get that way too. God uses the foolish things of this world and it is written that you can tell a fool by the number of His words. That's me. The Lord explains it all if very few well-placed words but I get wordy. Still He uses us, doesn't He.

Simply put; it's a question of whether we are listening to the words that the Holy Spirit speaks to us personally or are we leaning on our own understanding?

Certainly it is not our understanding of the Scriptures which divides what is right or wrong!

Also, indeed all scripture is inspired by God and good for teaching, reproof, correction -- but when we read that verse do we remember the we have a Teacher - Jesus Christ? If I forget that He is my Teacher, and can communicate with me via the Holy Spirit, then it is back to leaning on my understanding or perhaps I can follow other people who are trying to draw others to themselves instead of our Lord and Teacher, Jesus Christ.

This all come together under the "New Creation", because Jesus said that if we hear His voice and open the door He would come into us. Those that do hear His voice and open the door are a "New Creation" because now we find both that person and the Lord in the same body. It is all pretty simple but we sometimes tend to get very mysterious and mystical about all this stuff.

Upvote 0