owl147

Nov 6, 2016
Alaska
✟15,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
about two weeks before my wife's passing on we/she was Woking on leading me to knowing Jesus Christ as my king and Savior am still working on accepting my Lord into my life but since her passing there seems to be a mental block of sadness over my loss. Nothing makes sense to me any more why would our God do such a thing.
Anyone else feels this way after losing someone

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
about two weeks before my wife's passing on we/she was Woking on leading me to knowing Jesus Christ as my king and Savior am still working on accepting my Lord into my life but since her passing there seems to be a mental block of sadness over my loss. Nothing makes sense to me any more why would our God do such a thing.
Anyone else feels this way after losing someone

We all die. Death is our escape from a sin filled world and is actually a gift so that we can eventually no longer be separated from God anymore.

What is your question...what did God do? He allowed you to be the one left behind? Would you rather it was your wife who was feeling this awful feeling of overwhelming grief? Why does it hurt so much? Well, that is measure of how much you loved each other...it wouldn't hurt so much if you didn't like her so much.

It will get better but I am not saying that it goes away. And yes, we know exactly how horrible it feels to lose the person we loved the most .. and it is among the worst feeling even possible...

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Real and lasting peace and assurance, too, comes from a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus, the Christ of God ---He is ever present by the Holy Spirit. Knowing God is a general term, and the Lord Jesus says in His word that "...no man cometh to the Father-God but by Me" (see the fullness of this thought in John 14 of your Bible. Read what God has to say to you for blessings in John 1; John 3; John 14. It will make you glad by a personal walk along the path with the Lord in communion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0