Visit site
✟834,155.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Personally, it's isn't what they teach, but what they do. Their practices are cultish.

First, we don't know what exactly is God's name. Now the name JEHOVAH was put together by a Catholic Priest who started playing with the consonants on the tetragrammaton YHWH. This was in the 13th century. However the earliest rendition of the tetragrammaton is YAHWEH found in the 6th century.
God made it quite clear to Moses what His name is, "I AM WHO I AM".

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As stated,
What do Jehovah witnesses belief that prove their gospel is in error.

I want to learn why those who use God name are teaching a false gospel.

1. The easiest one is the "New Covenant" of Jer 31:31-34 - they highly value it as do we - but they know they can't be under it - because their doctrine tells them that only their 144,000 can be under it - and that group was selected out many decades ago early the the previous century such that no JW you meet today can consider themselves to be under it.

2. The second easiest detail is that JW's must by their own rules agree not to use the New World Translation to prove doctrine if you choose another Bible translation like KJV, NKJV etc. But in every case to make any major point stick - they find themselves forced to go find a quote of the Watch Tower quoting the New World Translation. Tell them that as a non-JW you do not accept the NWT or the Watch Tower as a reliable source.

3. Christ is worshiped - and we all agree that only God can be worshiped (JW's also agree only God can be worshiped)

Rev 4
8 And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say,
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come.”
9 And when the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, to Him who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders will fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
11 “Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.

Rev 5
11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice,
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”
13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying,
To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”
14 And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

Isaiah 42:8 8"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

In Rev 5 they praise and honor both and worship both. It is the same praise and honor… it is the same worship

Regarding God the Son we have this

Col 1
16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Upvote 0