Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone. :wave: I am being tempted with doubt about Christ's Church, the Catholic Church, yet again. I really hope you all don't get tired of me asking for prayers because I really need prayers that these doubts would go away. Please keep me in your prayers. Thank you.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you Stone and Michie. And yes Stone, I have a mental condition that causes me to doubt sometimes. It's called borderline personality disorder. It results in instability in the way that I view myself and so it causes me to doubt a lot.

Upvote 0

Glorthac

Jul 12, 2009
✟1,085.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'll be praying for you as well. I checked out your blogs, and I noticed you've struggled with Mormonism. I'm just wondering, how much do you know about Mormonism? Here's a good introductory video of the things you've probably never heard of before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1jVO3-OE
Mormonism's a joke now that I know these things.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll be praying for you as well. I checked out your blogs, and I noticed you've struggled with Mormonism. I'm just wondering, how much do you know about Mormonism? Here's a good introductory video of the things you've probably never heard of before:

Well, I am actually being tempted by a non-Christian religion this time. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glorthac

Jul 12, 2009
✟1,085.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I am actually being tempted by a non-Christian religion this time. :(

Just know there are answers out there. Personally, I no longer have doubts cause of all the miracles I've had happen in my life, but until a miracle happens to you, wait for the answers. They'll come.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,704.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A prayer for you, Holly.

“Gracious God, I come today confessing my faith, yet acknowledging also my doubt- the many things I don’t understand, the statements of faith that don’t make sense, the events of
life that seem to contradict everything I believe about you. There are times when I am sure what I believe and times when I am uncertain. Give me sufficient trust in you to acknowledge all my questions openly, and sufficient humility to offer each of you honestly in prayer. Save me from taking refuge is hollow words or empty ritual, but teach me rather to face the challenges life brings and to work through my faith in the light of them. Having been tested, may my faith grow stronger, able to face all and still to stand. Through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.”

Living with doubt « Unfinished Christian’s Blog

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You are always in my prayers.

Don't be so down on yourself either (if ya are). I am so thankful for Thomas, the doubting one. Without his doubts, I don't know if I would be Christian. I thank God he doubted.

Just hang in there. Easy to say but can be so hard to do. My favorite saying is This too shall pass.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

TY for the video. Correct as far as I know. Anyhow's thanks. Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. :)

Upvote 0