Washington
✟686,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I believe that being a Christian is trusting in Jesus to deliver you from your sins. I have not been trusting Jesus. In fact, I have been giving in to my sin because I have been enjoying them. One of the biggest lies of Satan is I could continue to sin, and then repent of it later. I know that it doesn't work that way. I know that salvation is knowing God and trusting in Jesus Christ for deliverance. Jesus did not die for me so that I could continue in sin, he died for me so that I can be delivered from sin.

Jesus gave a parable about those who listen to the word of God. I do not remember where in the Bible this Parable was, but he talked about three kinds of group of people who listen to the words of the Lord and had different responses: the first group of people listen to the word of the Lord and then left and was saddened because they enjoyed their sin; and the second group of people listen to the word of the Lord and gladly accepted it, but it did not take root, for the worries and cares of this world cause them to stumble and fall and snatch the word of the Lord from them; the third group of people listen to the word of the Lord gladly accepted it and it took root and beared fruit within them.

I am in the second group. My desire is to obey the word of the Lord. But it never takes root Within Me. I get jealous of my brothers and sisters because they work and I am on Social Security. I get jealous and angry because I am unable to do things that people can do. I get vertigo. I can't walk across the street. I am going to school. But this does not make me happy. I want to go back to work.

I get angry at conservatives because sometimes it seems like they don't care about the disabled. Conservatives will say that we can all work, but the problem is is that an employer has to be willing to hire us. I may be able to walk up and down the stairs as long as I have my walking sticks; but an employer may not like me using my walking sticks. That is what got me fired from Walmart. They would not let me use my walking sticks. I could have kept working if they had let me use them.

I am not the one saying that I can't work, it was the employers that was saying that. My heart is getting bitter and bitter towards people. Because people just don't understand.

How can I follow God like this? I don't feel like I am entitled to anything. But how could I survive without benefits? I am angry at God for making me so dependent on benefits. I am angry at my town for denying me services to help me get back to work. I wasn't denied benefits, but I was denied DVR Services, which helps people like me who are disabled to get back to work. But they say that I was too disabled. They said that they didn't have enough resources to help me get back to work.

So I have been comforting Myself by indulging in sinful Behavior. I know that I'm going back to school. But my real desire is to go back to work. The only reason why I'm going back to school because it was the last resort. But I still have to get government funding to go back to school. I am extremely angry about this.

I understand that conservatives want to cut Social Security and benefits, which I would have no problem with. I just wish that programs will be put in place that help the disabled get back to work. There are many programs like DVR services, but they are still limited by what they can do. I also wish it was illegal for them to deny people services.

I am angry at God because I feel like the world is against me. On one hand you have conservative saying stuff like you can go back to work, and calling me a lazy little leech. And on another hand I have tried to go back to work, but nobody wants to hire the disabled.

You know what I wish, that people will stop telling me that I can go back to work. Don't tell me that, tell the employers that where I tried to work. Let's see if they will listen to you.

I hope 2018 is better. I will be in school, and I hope that my degree will open more doors for me.

Please pray for me. I'm very bitter and upset.

My anger with God is very self-centered, I know this. But sometimes I can't help it. I used to work two to three jobs. I loved working and I love the respect that I used to get. But now according to a lot of conservatives I am nothing but a lazy little Leach.

If you have any words of encouragement or advice, which I don't know what kind of advice you can give me to be perfectly honest, please just let me know.

But also pray for me. Pray that God destroys the bitterness Within Me.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe that being a Christian is trusting in Jesus to deliver you from your sins. I have not been trusting Jesus. In fact, I have been giving in to my sin because I have been enjoying them. One of the biggest lies of Satan is I could continue to sin, and then repent of it later. I know that it doesn't work that way. I know that salvation is knowing God and trusting in Jesus Christ for deliverance. Jesus did not die for me so that I could continue in sin, he died for me so that I can be delivered from sin.

Jesus gave a parable about those who listen to the word of God. I do not remember where in the Bible this Parable was, but he talked about three kinds of group of people who listen to the words of the Lord and had different responses: the first group of people listen to the word of the Lord and then left and was saddened because they enjoyed their sin; and the second group of people listen to the word of the Lord and gladly accepted it, but it did not take root, for the worries and cares of this world cause them to stumble and fall and snatch the word of the Lord from them; the third group of people listen to the word of the Lord gladly accepted it and it took root and beared fruit within them.

I am in the second group. My desire is to obey the word of the Lord. But it never takes root Within Me. I get jealous of my brothers and sisters because they work and I am on Social Security. I get jealous and angry because I am unable to do things that people can do. I get vertigo. I can't walk across the street. I am going to school. But this does not make me happy. I want to go back to work.

I get angry at conservatives because sometimes it seems like they don't care about the disabled. Conservatives will say that we can all work, but the problem is is that an employer has to be willing to hire us. I may be able to walk up and down the stairs as long as I have my walking sticks; but an employer may not like me using my walking sticks. That is what got me fired from Walmart. They would not let me use my walking sticks. I could have kept working if they had let me use them.

I am not the one saying that I can't work, it was the employers that was saying that. My heart is getting bitter and bitter towards people. Because people just don't understand.

How can I follow God like this? I don't feel like I am entitled to anything. But how could I survive without benefits? I am angry at God for making me so dependent on benefits. I am angry at my town for denying me services to help me get back to work. I wasn't denied benefits, but I was denied DVR Services, which helps people like me who are disabled to get back to work. But they say that I was too disabled. They said that they didn't have enough resources to help me get back to work.

So I have been comforting Myself by indulging in sinful Behavior. I know that I'm going back to school. But my real desire is to go back to work. The only reason why I'm going back to school because it was the last resort. But I still have to get government funding to go back to school. I am extremely angry about this.

I understand that conservatives want to cut Social Security and benefits, which I would have no problem with. I just wish that programs will be put in place that help the disabled get back to work. There are many programs like DVR services, but they are still limited by what they can do. I also wish it was illegal for them to deny people services.

I am angry at God because I feel like the world is against me. On one hand you have conservative saying stuff like you can go back to work, and calling me a lazy little leech. And on another hand I have tried to go back to work, but nobody wants to hire the disabled.

You know what I wish, that people will stop telling me that I can go back to work. Don't tell me that, tell the employers that where I tried to work. Let's see if they will listen to you.

I hope 2018 is better. I will be in school, and I hope that my degree will open more doors for me.

My anger with God is very self-centered, I know this. But sometimes I can't help it. I used to work two to three jobs. I loved working and I love the respect that I used to get. But now according to a lot of conservatives I am nothing but a lazy little Leach.

If you have any words of encouragement or advice, which I don't know what kind of advice you can give me to be perfectly honest, please just let me know.

:heart: This is a very honest and fer-real prayer request, Jesse, and therefore very precious to God. Praying Jesse (((hug)))

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

They fired you because there is no shortage of people looking for those jobs. In fact there is an unlimited supply of low skilled workers so they will pick the most physically adept out of the pool.

You were able to type out this post. Now is the time to get some office work! How is your credit? Can you go to school?

God isn't going to make your life easy. You have to take action!

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
They fired you because there is no shortage of people looking for those jobs. In fact there is an unlimited supply of low skilled workers so they will pick the most physically adept out of the pool.

You were able to type out this post. Now is the time to get some office work! How is your credit? Can you go to school?

God isn't going to make your life easy. You have to take action!

I will be going to school in January 3rd. And office work sounds like a very good idea.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

I am a conservative and I know a lot of conservatives, and to be honest I don't know any conservatives that say all people can work. Obviously, some people are too sick to work. This has always been the case and will always been the case. I believe you may be taking what just a few have said and projecting it to a lot of people. I also work with disabled children many times a week and love them dearly.

I understand and hear what you're saying about working getting you respect--and I, well, respect that. I too have been through some chronic illnesses and had to take time off work. Please, focus on what you can do. Today, what can you do? Can you study? You must be sound of mind. We need people like you--I don't say that lightly. Give God glory for that. I already have, for your bright mind, and I will pray for you! Be encouraged today! God bless you.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am a conservative and I know a lot of conservatives, and to be honest I don't know any conservatives that say all people can work. Obviously, some people are too sick to work. This has always been the case and will always been the case. I believe you may be taking what just a few have said and projecting it to a lot of people. I also work with disabled children many times a week and love them dearly.

I understand and hear what you're saying about working getting you respect--and I, well, respect that. I too have been through some chronic illnesses and had to take time off work. Please, focus on what you can do. Today, what can you do? Can you study? You must be sound of mind. We need people like you--I don't say that lightly. Give God glory for that. I already have, for your bright mind, and I will pray for you! Be encouraged today! God bless you.

You are completely right. I was projecting it all on all conservatives. That wasn't right of me. Please forgive me.

And thank you very much for your encouraging words. I can study. I will have a hard time getting to school because I have vertigo and the transportation system is very bad. My biggest problem is crossing the street with ongoing traffic. For some reason it makes my vertigo a lot worse when I try to cross the street. But I know that I can adjust my classes to the Transportation schedule. If I lived in a bigger city it wouldn't be a problem, because the transportation system is better. But I can also take classes online.

So, that's also what I'm going to be doing. I guess I'm just upset because I miss working. Thank you for all your words of encouragement.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I work in the same company with a guy who was physically deformed from birth. He has to use walking sticks to stand and walk......not possible for him to do those things without them. He drives but has to have his cars fited with special equipment for the lack of use of his legs and one arm.....

He worked his way up in the company to VP. Makes well over 6 figures and every car he has is worth almost twice as much as any car I've owned thus far.

Every time I see him or talk to him, I think to myself... God is good!

I suspect the only difference in his out come and yours is the fact that he believed and went out and got what he wanted. He was you busy doing, that he didn't have enough time to sit and think about what others have our what others feel about him or what the system will and will not do.

I say, decide what you want and get busy.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
What are you taking in school?

I gotta say this... I understand that you are mad at God because you feel the world is against you. Why be mad at God over something the world is doing? Shouldn't you be mad at the world instead? After all, part of the reason you are in the situation you are in, is that God is using the circumstances to direct your path. Your path is not employment at Wal Mart. Your path might be whatever career your education will be providing. If you were allowed to keep your job at Wal Mart, would you be on the path you are currently on? But thank God! He put you on a different path! Don't pay him back for that by deliberately sinning... that is misusing his grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I work in the same company with a guy who was physically deformed from birth. He has to use walking sticks to stand and walk......not possible for him to do those things without them. He drives but has to have his cars fited with special equipment for the lack of use of his legs and one arm.....

He worked his way up in the company to VP. Makes well over 6 figures and every car he has is worth almost twice as much as any car I've owned thus far.

Every time I see him or talk to him, I think to myself... God is good!

I suspect the only difference in his out come and yours is the fact that he believed and went out and got what he wanted. He was you busy doing, that he didn't have enough time to sit and think about what others have our what others feel about him or what the system will and will not do.

I say, decide what you want and get busy.

Or the difference is that the company allowed him to continue to work. You know, the company did not fire him because he was disabled. I would have kept on working except they fired me, even though I was a good employer. They were afraid that I was going to hurt myself.

I have heard many people continue to work after they were disabled. They got the services that they needed, and the company kept them on. And that is what my problem is. I think it depends on the environment. I live in a very unfriendly environment towards those who are disabled. Some companies allow people to continue to work when they are disabled but other companies don't. Remember the company is run by people with different attitudes. The problem was Walmart was afraid that I was going to hurt myself and then sue the company. They are always afraid of things like that.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What are you taking in school?

I gotta say this... I understand that you are mad at God because you feel the world is against you. Why be mad at God over something the world is doing? Shouldn't you be mad at the world instead? After all, part of the reason you are in the situation you are in, is that God is using the circumstances to direct your path. Your path is not employment at Wal Mart. Your path might be whatever career your education will be providing. If you were allowed to keep your job at Wal Mart, would you be on the path you are currently on? But thank God! He put you on a different path! Don't pay him back for that by deliberately sinning... that is misusing his grace.

Oh I know that you are right. And I don't want to do that

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or the difference is that the company allowed him to continue to work. You know, the company did not fire him because he was disabled. I would have kept on working except they fired me, even though I was a good employer. They were afraid that I was going to hurt myself.

I have heard many people continue to work after they were disabled. They got the services that they needed, and the company kept them on. And that is what my problem is. I think it depends on the environment. I live in a very unfriendly environment towards those who are disabled. Some companies allow people to continue to work when they are disabled but other companies don't. Remember the company is run by people with different attitudes. The problem was Walmart was afraid that I was going to hurt myself and then sue the company. They are always afraid of things like that.
I forgot to mention how many times he was fired or how many job would not even accept him because of his disabilities.....But I do not feel that would have helped much anyway.

You have a right to feel the way you feel and I see no fault in it. You should continue to dwell in your current state of mind....until you are fully ready to come out of it.

May God bless you.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You are completely right. I was projecting it all on all conservatives. That wasn't right of me. Please forgive me.

And thank you very much for your encouraging words. I can study. I will have a hard time getting to school because I have vertigo and the transportation system is very bad. My biggest problem is crossing the street with ongoing traffic. For some reason it makes my vertigo a lot worse when I try to cross the street. But I know that I can adjust my classes to the Transportation schedule. If I lived in a bigger city it wouldn't be a problem, because the transportation system is better. But I can also take classes online.

So, that's also what I'm going to be doing. I guess I'm just upset because I miss working. Thank you for all your words of encouragement.

You were forgiven before you asked--no worries. :) I have friends with vertigo. It's really horrid. I feel for you, and again can understand and respect that you feel much of your worth comes from working. But for this season, God has something else in store. You can very much still be a productive member of society! You are worthy because God made you. Never forget that. Know that I will keep you in prayers. Please don't lose touch!

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I forgot to mention how many times he was fired or how many job would not even accept him because of his disabilities.....But I do not feel that would have helped much anyway.

You have a right to feel the way you feel and I see no fault in it. You should continue to dwell in your current state of mind....until you are fully ready to come out of it.

May God bless you.

Oh

No I don't want to stay in my state of mind. I apologize you were actually trying to help me. I should have never snapped at you like that.

And I didn't realize he was fired many times. I thought he only work at one company. But believe it or not what you are saying does give me hope. And you are right I need to figure out what I want to do and then get busy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You were forgiven before you asked--no worries. :) I have friends with vertigo. It's really horrid. I feel for you, and again can understand and respect that you feel much of your worth comes from working. But for this season, God has something else in store. You can very much still be a productive member of society! You are worthy because God made you. Never forget that. Know that I will keep you in prayers. Please don't lose touch!

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I sympathize with you. I am disabled also. Truthfully I feel good and think I could work but the doctors say otherwise. In case anyone is wondering I have had 2 maybe 3 heart attacks and as Red Foxx you to say the big one could come at anytime.
So I spend a great deal of my free time serving God. I volunteer at a local church run food pantry 25-30 hours week helping to feed the hungry. I also pastor a small church.
I'm not saying this to blow my own horn but to encourage you to see that your life now has other opportunities that you can pursue. There are many ways to contribute to society and too Gods' Kingdom.
There will always be people who will assume the worst of you. But you and the people who know you know the truth and they are the ones that matter.
God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0