US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what Jesus has taught me about walking the Narrow Path.

Being Loving

Being loving to others is being patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and looking past other’s faults. Being loving is not being jealous or envious of others, but happy for other’s success. Being loving is not having pride in your possessions and achievements, but in knowing that you did the best that you could do out of the kindness of your heart, not for recognition, but for the wellbeing of everyone involved. Being loving is being selfless and forgiving, even when others don’t deserve it. Being loving is being calm, listening to others and trying to see their viewpoint instead of demanding your own way. Being loving is thinking of everyone as equals and not favoring anyone. Being loving is letting go of the past, forgiving others and yourself, and moving on with your life. Being loving is letting go of other’s grip on your life and letting God into your heart. Being loving is giving others the freedom to choose their own path. Being loving is accepting other’s differences, such as race, religion, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, physical disability, age, physical appearances, or opinions, without requiring them to be like you or to have your viewpoint in order to receive your kindness. Being loving is accepting other’s back into your life even if they have wronged you in the past. Being loving is standing up for others that can’t stand up for themselves. Being loving is being kind without expecting to receive anything in return. Being loving is working together for the wellbeing of everyone. Being loving is who you are independent of who you meet. Being loving is always giving someone another chance, never giving up on someone, never losing hope and trust in God, and never quitting.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to Christian Forums! I'm delighted you are here. Hope to see you many times.

Being loving is not being jealous or envious of others, but happy for other’s success.

Amen! I wanted to highlight this one sentence (among many good ones) because of how helpful and relevant it is here in an internet forum with many discussions.

We want and should agree and be happy for when a person we've disagreed with say some true thing(s), and not be stingy about it, even if we just were disagreeing a moment ago, and even if they said something that seemed somewhat offensive on some recent occasion. We should be delighted that at this moment they are saying a jewel.

Let's delight when someone we disagreed with states an important truth well!

Being loving is standing up for others that can’t stand up for themselves.

Another one I really like to highlight because of how relevant it is for us lately here, as we remember God's command to Israel, which also is an instance of Christ's command to us to "in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you" --

"Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow." (Isaiah 1)

"The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19)

"Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed." (Psalm 82)

But all you said in your post is right from scripture, and so good, and it's delightful to hear the message we need most today, and I hope we hear it again and again.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0