Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
To the judgmental Christians, "fire from the tongues of liars" (hypocrites)...

Oh, God send your rain!

Their father (Satan the Devil) is wrong/drunk/gone after he sows his seed of a weed (in them)...

Most of the stuff from the pulpit...

I'm ashamed of where I'm from (being from or of them)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do I have a right to judge scripturally...?
Yes. And when you judge in this way, it's not really your judgement, but God's. You are simply referring to the righteousness God has already revealed to you to discern what is right or wrong within you and before you.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil."
— Proverbs 3:5-7 NKJV

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
— 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV

"But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."
— Hebrews 5:14 NKJV

"Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."
— Acts 17:10-11 NKJV

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 5

so what is a judgemental Christian?

For those millions of people that came to a church, and then left, and go to no church at all, right now....

For those millions, a "judgemental Christian" is the people at that church that judged them and did not love them and accept them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For those millions, a "judgemental Christian" is the people at that church that judged them and did not love them and accept them.
"They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me."
— John 16:2-3 NKJV

• Agree
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But what is love if it is not backed up with truth?
Jesus came to testify to the truth so, love is truth.

Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So we're not suppose to be giving advice is what you're saying?
Mskriskris:

Well, the Bible is full of wisdom and that wisdom is designed to guide us for God's glory; while firstly as as individuals, yet also as individuals thus enlightened the desire to help others is a given. Even when an unbelieving world through its disinterest in divine ways, doesn't want it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me."
— John 16:2-3 NKJV
People are often hostile to Christians because they are hostile to God.

This does not preclude the need for humility in testimony.

Upvote 0

toolsoftrust

Sep 1, 2017
Uniontown
✟8,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference between and action and a person. Judging an action vs. judging a person. Very different, and your actual fate on the day of judgement will include whether we judged people themselves, and didn't repent of doing that, and He says we will be judged for judging, and the measure we used will be measured to us. It's very dangerous to even judge actions then of course, in that we may use a harsh measure(!)....we want to be forgiven for our own sins! Better to stick to what is safe -- to preach the truth, and not to judge people. All are sinners, all have fallen short, and don't need to be judged by us.

Rather, they need us to confess our own sins, to encourage them.

But to judge/condemn a person themselves as a person, that is deadly for us.

I think Scripture overwhelmingly demonstrates that there is a time to judge a person; but it should always be towards repentance, and in proportion to faith, without which it is sin. Indeed Paul, in his charge to the Corinthian church to "hand this man over to Satan, " attests, "I have already passed judgment" on this man. It is clear that if we don't judge ourselves and our own by the equal standard, those same judgments fall on our own heads.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Scripture overwhelmingly demonstrates that there is a time to judge a person; but it should always be towards repentance, and in proportion to faith, without which it is sin. Indeed Paul, in his charge to the Corinthian church to "hand this man over to Satan, " attests, "I have already passed judgment" on this man. It is clear that if we don't judge ourselves and our own by the equal standard, those same judgments fall on our own heads.

It's hard to know what you mean, and people do use words differently often. Do you recognize you can judge an action, make a consequence if needed (having already exhausted the specific steps Christ specified we would do in order), but He has instructed us that we are not to judge a person themselves as a person? Perhaps you do, but it's not clear. Paul faced a situation of intentionally flaunted sin, which we hardly ever will, but I take it Paul is obeying Christ and not actually judging the person, but instead laying out a consequence by necessity, in hope that the person will reform. Why do we make the distinction about judging an action vs judging a person? In order to keep Christ's commandments to us. That is, we don't want to pay attention to one instruction from Him, and ignore other instructions, but we want to aim to keep all His commandments, especially as we think about what to do ahead of time.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm coming in late to this thread, but am wondering about situations like the recent responses to Joel Osteen's reluctance to opening his church to victims of Hurricane Harvey. I read a lot of people protecting Osteen with statements resembling "do not judge".....but is that the right response? Are we supposed to completely look the other way?

Upvote 0

toolsoftrust

Sep 1, 2017
Uniontown
✟8,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's hard to know what you mean, and people do use words differently often. Do you recognize you can judge an action, make a consequence if needed (having already exhausted the specific steps Christ specified we would do in order), but He has instructed us that we are not to judge a person themselves as a person? Perhaps you do, but it's not clear. Paul faced a situation of intentionally flaunted sin, which we hardly ever will, but I take it Paul is obeying Christ and not actually judging the person, but instead laying out a consequence by necessity, in hope that the person will reform. Why do we make the distinction about judging an action vs judging a person? In order to keep Christ's commandments to us. That is, we don't want to pay attention to one instruction from Him, and ignore other instructions, but we want to aim to keep all His commandments, especially as we think about what to do ahead of time.

It was more complex than one man flaunting their sin. Everything Paul was discussing, involving everyone in the Corinthian church--only included--this one man's immorality. This book is primarily addressing the immaturity and worldliness of the church at Corinth. The example he gives of expelling the immoral brother, can be thought of as the culmination of all the bad things he's addressing about the church there. Everybody was flaunting or boasting or degrading something, as can be seen throughout the preceding segments of his letter.

I guess the question must be distinguished between judging the "person's person," vs. judging their character. However you call it, fundamentally, it's their person. I believe it takes great patience to judge rightly. And if it is ever done, it should be done with extreme care. Of course, I'm just like a dumb ox. I don't really know precisely what my Lord meant in Mathew 7:1; but I trust I have his wisdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

toolsoftrust

Sep 1, 2017
Uniontown
✟8,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To the judgmental Christians, "fire from the tongues of liars" (hypocrites)...

Oh, God send your rain!

Their father (Satan the Devil) is wrong/drunk/gone after he sows his seed of a weed (in them)...

Most of the stuff from the pulpit...

I'm ashamed of where I'm from (being from or of them)...

God Bless!

Define boasting, in Paul's terms.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
do you find Paul's suggestion in this chapter to be unloving?
I "projected", cause I started getting paranoid, cause I was "projecting" or identifying the beginning of 1 Corinthians 5 I thought it was talking about me in it, cause I got with a woman 20 years older than me and I think she is someone else's wife, older than me, and I slept with her, even when and after I started thinking this...

I've always felt convicted by the man talked about in the beginning of 1 Corinthians 5, cause I was "projecting" and very personally relating and identifying with it to a very personal degree, and thought or think that its personally about me and my life, and I wanted to know if "you knew" that was about me, or you knew that I was doing that; thinking about me in it...? Did you...?

That's why I asked you: "What are you implying or trying to say with that scripture?" or just what are you getting at exactly...?

I have a mental disorder, that this is a big part of...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mskriskris, we do have a right to judge you know this. But.. for ME... Phil 4..how I should be thinking.. 1st Cor 13 am I walking in that living that love. Am I praying always and in the Spirit. Do I have the fruits of the Spirit. See the 12 LIVED this every moment. Do I see the GOOD in them 1st.. am I trying to help bring life.. does it point to ME or Him. See when we do judge.. GOD is just.. if in the wrong spirit so to speak.. God HAS to judge us the say we we judge others.

So.. do I know the heart? Yeah.. lol.. you would think I would KNOW this by know right. To remember I am only seeing flesh and only one moment in time. But then to always PRAY.... seek Him..so i KNOW what to say. Its ALWAYS to HELP always to give live.. ALWAYS to point to HIM. And then.. Jesus does not judge. So a woman that was not a believer.. didnt ask to be forgiven did she? The one that had the right by LAW to stone her...did not. There comes a time when we should...but that is BY HIM..for me I should say

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So often, do I hear "don't judge" and " I'm a believer, but I'm not like one of those judgemental ones" and "Pharisee" and all the noise. Basically, Christians being notorious for being judgemental. But I always felt like the issue is more with "condemning" and not "judging".It's just used so ambiguously, that any stance that's against a person's action can be called out as being "judgemental".

Out of all the scriptures, that's been brought up concerning it, I can never ignore the scripture that says for us to not judge by mere appearances, but to judge righteous judgment (John 7:24).

So I always ask God, what does it mean to judge and how do I judge righteously? Even if I use the scripture, how do I distinguish when I'm trying to be nice for the sake of being favored by men, or when I'm condemning based on surface information? How not to compromise the Word when dealing with day to day life?

So let have a dialogue about it.What's your view on this topic? Do you also struggle with this? How did you, or do you address it in your Christian walk?

13JudgeNot.jpg

Matthew 7:1 is often taken out of context because the next thing Jesus said was to take the plank out of our own eye so that we can see clearly to take the speck out of our brother's eye. In other words, we should be more concerned with judging our own actions than the actions of others and should not judge others for things that we are guilty of doing because the same standard that we use will be used against us, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't judge at all because there are many verse like John 7:24 that can't be obeyed without judging righteously. Another example is Galatians 6:1, where we are told to gently correct those who are caught in sin and we can't do that if we're not allowed to judge that someone is sinning. A big part of judging righteously is having the humility to be judged by others for the faults that we do not see. We are not to judge people because we think that we are better than them or in order to bring them down, but because we love them enough to want to see them improve. And if we love others the way that we want to be loved, then we need to learn to not be defensive when our brother or sister is judging us, but to consider whether what they say has any merit.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Mskriskris. Often people are very judgemental, and that is not what God wants from us. God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. The best way is to follow Christ, in Matthew 22: 35-40:
God is Love, and Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it; love thy neighbour as your self." Easy to understand and straightforward.
The Bible tells us: Give up all selfish and unloving thoughts and words, speak always with love and compassion. ( neighbour is all we know and all we meet) We treat all as we would love to be treated, God sees our hearts, and God knows, whether we are obedient or not. Jesus our Saviour died that we might live, Jesus is THE WAY. Love is very catching, and let us follow Christ in all we say and do. Why not try,Mskriskris. Love will always be the victor, and Love covers many things. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0