Being an introvert

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I experienced a lot of bullying in church.
I ask God to give me strength to deal with insensitive remarks
This was in my inbox this morning:

Reflecting God - Holy Spirit’s Power: Our Strength

Posted: 16 Apr 2019 12:00 AM PDT

RG AUDIO 041619 Ephesians 3:14-21

At times life seems difficult to bear, the light at the end of the tunnel is impossible to see, you feel overwhelmed and under qualified. Even then, God favors you! God has made a way for you to be strengthened because He loves you.

God loves us so much that He gives us the gift of salvation. This gift doesn’t just stop there, we have been given the gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit in us strengthens us and gives us courage to face the darkest days. The Holy Spirit opens our eyes to the possible, reminds us that we are enough, and whispers encouragement to our hearts.

When we are at our wits end and we aren’t sure where to turn, let us remember the Holy Spirit, who resides in us, and will strengthen us. He will guide us. He will whisper love to our hurting hearts. The gift of the Holy Spirit, is one that you must acknowledge and accept. You must tune your ears to hear His whisper. Are you tuned in? Do you look to His light? Can you hear Him?

Author: Amy Scarlett

Gh0KaHJLVKk

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am well aware that in American society (United States) extrovert is 'preferred'. Children are encouraged from an early age to be bubbly and outgoing; if you're quiet and keep to yourself it's just seen as 'weird'/'awkward' and that something is wrong (you're sad, lonely, and/or depressed).

Having an introvert personality is seen as something bad, and you're forced to be something you're not if you're introvert. This frustrates me to no end, because introverts don't force extroverts to be introvert, so extroverts shouldn't force introverts to be outgoing.

I realize at times it's necessary to be extrovert, but there is so much silent stigma for being introvert; that there's something wrong with you.

I see this attitude even in the church. The church slogan is 'we accept you as you are' but the people that are prized the most are those who are bubbly and gregarious, and always being encouraging and always spouting a font of blessings.

However there is more to being encouraging than just giving somebody a 'pep talk' for lack of a better term.
This is one of the reasons I've sort of given up on manners and common decency with my irl social interactions.

Because there's always some aggravating little social butterfly who thinks it's her job (or right?) to nag everybody so they'll "come out of their shell" and "join in the fun". Or something. I'd rather have a root canal than deal with that.

Why can't we go to the office and just work? Not everything needs to be a social gathering.

It's annoying, tbh.

Upvote 0