beginnings of my Apologetics videos

DrenchedInHisBlood

Renewing the innner man
Jun 23, 2004
El Sobrante, California
✟21,277.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm thinking of doing an apologetics youtube page in the future. I plan to interview friends who are good at evangelism and also different ministers. I started out interviewing one of my friends who is good at witnessing. This is just a trial to see how it is like. I uploaded it on youtube and put it on private for now. I am sharing with with people first before I make it public. You can see it below. I wanna know what people think of her perspectives regarding apologetics. We just discussed Genesis 3 and the Fall nd had her share thought on it. I have the impression she is good for these kinds of talks. See it below and tell me how you find it

Reactions: Merrill

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't classify this video as apologetics, because it's not attempting to be a defense of Christianity in response to claims that non-Christians make about Christianity.

But I think the speaker has some good insights about Genesis 3. I like the part where she talks about how we should run to God, instead of away from God, when we mess up. I also like the enthusiasm in her presentation. Her love for God and her faith in God are evident throughout. I think the speaker could be a very good Bible study leader, and I think she could also be a good preacher, if her church allows women to preach. That's how I would classify the video: as a Bible study, or perhaps as a sermon.

Upvote 0

DrenchedInHisBlood

Renewing the innner man
Jun 23, 2004
El Sobrante, California
✟21,277.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wouldn't classify this video as apologetics, because it's not attempting to be a defense of Christianity in response to claims that non-Christians make about Christianity.

But I think the speaker has some good insights about Genesis 3. I like the part where she talks about how we should run to God, instead of away from God, when we mess up. I also like the enthusiasm in her presentation. Her love for God and her faith in God are evident throughout. I think the speaker could be a very good Bible study leader, and I think she could also be a good preacher, if her church allows women to preach. That's how I would classify the video: as a Bible study, or perhaps as a sermon.
Right, it’s my channel that I plan to create that I wanna title to be Apologetics. As for the videos, I will also put some videos relating to just Bible study because they can help with Apologetics too.

For this video, I thought starting a Bible study in Genesis 3 will really lay foundations. And knowing this friend of mine enough, I had the impression she has the talents for Bible teaching based on conversation we had before. So I thought I’d have her talk in my videos to see if I am right. And from what you said, you’re classifying this to be a sermon, which might mean her special gift might be more deep Than I thought.

Btw, me and her both don’t believe women can be preachers because the Bible is clear that it’s not for women. However, with someone like her, I thought a home video like this one will give her opportunities to use her gifts.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Btw, me and her both don’t believe women can be preachers because the Bible is clear that it’s not for women. However, with someone like her, I thought a home video like this one will give her opportunities to use her gifts.

In that case, she can be a teacher instead, like Priscilla in the Bible. Videos could be a good opportunity for her.

Upvote 0

DrenchedInHisBlood

Renewing the innner man
Jun 23, 2004
El Sobrante, California
✟21,277.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I thought I would get back to you on this. Me and her got a chance to talk about Apologetics yesterday which I recorded, being 2 parts because we used Zoom which has a time limit. I will paste the links below. I invite you to watch them. I had her respond to the problem of evil, which Atheists often use to try to disprove God. I thought her answer is really worth sharing and see what people think. I so this is definitely related to apologetics. One reason I talk to her about these things because I’m really poor in debating things (when necessary) and I thought her answers might help me in responding to challenges by nonbelievers. I’m thinking, if anyone wants to get better in responding to challenges, the way she answers might also help others. But I want to see what others think. what do you think about that? See below

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I thought I would get back to you on this. Me and her got a chance to talk about Apologetics yesterday which I recorded, being 2 parts because we used Zoom which has a time limit. I will paste the links below. I invite you to watch them. I had her respond to the problem of evil, which Atheists often use to try to disprove God. I thought her answer is really worth sharing and see what people think.

The video is very long, so I watched excerpts. The problem of evil is a tough question to take on; most religions and religious philosophies have wrestled with the question in some form, and I don't know of any religion (including Christianity) that has a fully satisfactory answer to the problem.

I still really like the speaker's enthusiasm, and her clear devotion to God. But I do have some critiques of the video.

1. The speakers answer to the question, "Human beings don't have the right to declare what is good and what is not good", is one of the classic answers to the problem of evil. The drawback is that now when I say "God is good", my statement is meaningless -- or, rather, it's true only by definition.

2. About 20 minutes in, the speaker starts talking about evolution. That's a mistake. Many faithful Christians believe that the diversity of species arose through biological evolution, that this was the method that God used to allow species to adapt to their environment. Don't talk about evolution at all, and definitely don't speak as though it's opposed to Christianity.

3. About 27 minutes in, the speaker starts asserting that atheists have no grounds for morality. This is a mistake, for two reasons:

3a) There are many theories of ethics. It's an entire branch of philosophy. Only some of these theories require the existence of God. If the speaker really wants to address ethical theories, it should be its own separate video, and it should specifically address some of the classic theories by name, evaluating their strengths and weaknesses.

3b) It's a mistake to tell atheists what they believe. It's much better to say what we as Christians believe, and then let atheists voice their own beliefs in their own words.

If you want to make a video on this topic to post to YouTube (and, remember, it's a tough topic), then in your final draft, I recommend shortening the video to 10 minutes or so, cutting out all the references to atheists and evolution, and focusing on a Christian answer to the problem of pain. If you go with the answer that God is good by definition and we can't possibly understand goodness, then spend some time answering the difficulties that this answer raises.

Again, I can see the speaker's love for God. A video in which she speaks about that could be interesting to watch. Despite her philosophical statements, I think the speaker really does believe that God is good. She probably also thinks that God loves us. A 10 minute video in which she talks about God's goodness and love could be useful for your YouTube video collection.

Upvote 0