Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian as I love animals and I've been doing some research and discovering how the animals are being slaughtered makes me cringe.

I believe that all animals have feelings, wild and domesticated. Also I sometimes watch the news and seeing and hearing the problems of obesity worries me as I don't want to end up like that.

Hopes this makes sense.

Is there any advice that you guys and gals can give me?

Many thanks and God bless.

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi Winter Rose.

I gave up meat for 15 years or so and for the same reasons as you. There are a few routes you could take. Replace meat in yur meals with a substitute like Quorn (this 'imitates' meat and as a similar taste but a different texture, and much less fat), or you could get some vegetarian recipe books. There are many meals which are delicious yeat contain no meat but a lot of them do take some preparation. Finally you could go vegan but this can be very tricky and I never managed it.

I do eat meat again now although seldom (once a week) and I make sure that it has been ethically sourced and locally reared.

Hop that some of this helps.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Winter Rose.

I gave up meat for 15 years or so and for the same reasons as you. There are a few routes you could take. Replace meat in yur meals with a substitute like Quorn (this 'imitates' meat and as a similar taste but a different texture, and much less fat), or you could get some vegetarian recipe books. There are many meals which are delicious yeat contain no meat but a lot of them do take some preparation. Finally you could go vegan but this can be very tricky and I never managed it.

I do eat meat again now although seldom (once a week) and I make sure that it has been ethically sourced and locally reared.

Hop that some of this helps.

Hi Lion, thanks for replying. I think starting off vegetarian would be easiest for me. I've tried Quorn before as sometimes when I visit my family we make spaghetti bolognese with it and it taste really nice. I'm following a YouTuber on Instagram called Tiffany Elena and she's recently become vegan, but I don't think that's for me.

Reactions: LionL
Upvote 0

MountainPine

Biblical Vegan
Feb 11, 2016
Texas
Visit site
✟9,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Winter_Rose! Love your user name.....

Vegetarianism is a good idea, but you should consider going all the way to veganism. Vegetarians still consume dairy and eggs, and the animals in both the dairy and egg industries still endure a lot of suffering. I've been promoting a book on how God requires abstinence from meat. You may be interested in it. It will give you every reason to stop eating animal products permanently. Here you go!

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi! There are a few vegetarian and vegan threads in the heath and fitness section. It would be great to see more conversations going. I've been vegan for over 8 years, vegetarian for years before that.

Reactions: MountainPine
Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Winter_Rose! Love your user name.....

Vegetarianism is a good idea, but you should consider going all the way to veganism. Vegetarians still consume dairy and eggs, and the animals in both the dairy and egg industries still endure a lot of suffering. I've been promoting a book on how God requires abstinence from meat. You may be interested in it. It will give you every reason to stop eating animal products permanently. Here you go!

Thanks, I thought of the names as my birthday is in February (winter month) and roses are one of my favourite flowers.

One question, in replacement of dairy milk, is rice milk or almond milk better for you?

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi! There are a few vegetarian and vegan threads in the heath and fitness section. It would be great to see more conversations going. I've been vegan for over 8 years, vegetarian for years before that.

Thank you. :)

Upvote 0

MountainPine

Biblical Vegan
Feb 11, 2016
Texas
Visit site
✟9,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One question, in replacement of dairy milk, is rice milk or almond milk better for you?

I'm not sure. I've never drank rice milk before. I would assume that almond milk is more nutritious considering almonds are nuts, whereas rice is pure carbohydrate, and rice milk is also more expensive. Both, however, are much more nutritious than dairy milk. In fact, if you read chapter 2 in that book I posted a link to, you'll discover that dairy milk is actually poisonous to humans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0