BEAUTIFUL pictures of the Mass!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherKnight

Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Oct 24, 2005
Mesa, AZ
✟16,914.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The Tridentine Mass :liturgy:

konradsp1.jpeg

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I forgot how much the traditional Catholic vestments look like the vestments that Orthodox priests wear. Great pics. How anyone can look at these and prefer a kumbaya guitar strumming, liturgical dancing, priest-facing the wrong way mass is beyond me. Rome's tradition is so beautiful.

Reactions: Letalis
Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I forgot how much the traditional Catholic vestments look like the vestments that Orthodox priests wear. Great pics. How anyone can look at these and prefer a kumbaya guitar strumming, liturgical dancing, priest-facing the wrong way mass is beyond me. Rome's tradition is so beautiful.

:amen: and it was the exposure to the Eastern tradition and the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom that helped me to appreciate my own tradition even more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They're very pretty pictures. I thought one looked odd... is that incense on the right or what:

bishoprifanmass.jpeg

On the right side... that mist. Very strange.

I immediately assumed censing. I assume censing is also a part of a traditional mass?

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
I immediately assumed censing. I assume censing is also a part of a traditional mass?

Most definitely. It is probably left over from the Offertory Prayers at the beginning of the Mass of the Faithful.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They're very pretty pictures. I thought one looked odd... is that incense on the right or what:

bishoprifanmass.jpeg

On the right side... that mist. Very strange.

Yes it is incense, the man kneeling in the middle of the incense is in the process of incensing in that picture, it is hard to make out because the censer is in motion and it is in the middle of the smoke, but yes he is in the middle of censing during this picture.

I am sure of this because during these elevations the acolytes/servers are to offer incense and the bells are rung three times.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.