Robot in Disguise
Jun 30, 2003
Visit site
✟749.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
I was wondering what your perception is of the Beatles, both musically and from a Christian perspective. I think the Beatles music is great, particularly from "Revolver" until the end of their career. "The Beatles" A.K.A. the "White Album" is my personal favorite, as it is very creative, and the songs are so diverse and "out there." Abbey Road is great as well, especially the last 8 or 9 songs or so.

I wonder how the Beatles's music is viewed from other Christians. The Beatles themselves were no Christian role models, but far from it, especially John Lennon. However, with the music itself, do you as a Christian take issue with it, or do you think it is fine for the most part? On the whole, do you think their music is "bad", or mostly harmless?

sr. scholls

The dimmest of lights
May 4, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟1,934.00
Faith
Protestant
I absolutely love the Beatles. They had a certain captivating essence about them...even from the beginning. I mean..."She Loves You" wasn't the most brilliant song ever written...but look at the mass hysteria that ensued. They went from clean-cut pop stars to incredibly talented songwriters and lyricists. Can anyone question their talent? How many famous musicians do you know that have candlelit vigils on every year of their death? Not many, I can safely say. I think the Beatles, and John Lennon in particular spoke to a generation. Not just one...but all generations to come. They influenced so many artists it's ridiculous, not limited to any certain genre, including Christian, etc.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question the way you wanted, but I think you know how I feel about those laddies from Liverpool. :)

Upvote 0
B

bluephi115

i love the beatles. one of the best bands ever! im a christian and even have a website that promotes secular and christian music, wisemenpromotions .com. we look at things from a christian persepctive. many of the beatles later works were labeled as drug laced etc. the song strawbery fields forever is supposed to be about opium...sorry i dont think that when i listen to the song.

Upvote 0

Spidey76

CF's Webslinger
Sep 26, 2003
Northeast Ohio
✟17,396.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Love the Beatles music - though the boys were a little goofy. - I've got about 15 CD's and A Hard Days Night & Anthology on DVD - fav song is a toss up between 1) My Life 2) This Boy & 3) In Spite of All the Danger - though I can't think of too many I don't like either :D

Upvote 0