• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bear in mind, even if you survive your mental health issue, persecutions will follow?

"He who endures to the end will be saved" (Matthew 24:13) do you believe this (mentally)?

• Yes (but it's hard).

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No (yet I do wonder).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So yes Mark 10:30 makes it very clear, that what we suffer for God and His kingdom will be rewarded but that even being rewarded, there will be persecutions that follow with that rewarding. It's like someone learning to ride a bike, if they have an accident on the footpath - running into a pothole - but then take inspiration from God and try again, they may learn to ride, but they will always be reminded of the danger of the pothole. Mental health is the same: even if we eventually know instinctively when our mental health issue is playing up, there will still be a doubt, as to whether we have got our response to our heart's conviction (regarding the mental health issue) right.

Regarding our heart's conviction, we may even know, that our response to our heart's conviction is close to right, but we will still be reminded that in the past, we just did not know. This keeps us grounded and with a mind of respect, for what God can expect of us, if our heart's are not keep pure for Him, whether He wants to test our sanity or not. That's really the point right there, God does not test our madness, so as to make us madder still, God tests our sanity. He does not want to take our sanity from us, but can test it, that we show "more" sanity, by which we and those with us may be saved.

So be encouraged, God has not lost sight of your sanity, neither is He going to rob you of your 'madness' if you are comforted by the outcome it creates - the point is to keep having faith in God, not losing sight of where you are from and how far you've come. God wants you to make progress and it does (as I have said elsewhere) take keeping all of us in prayer together, that we do not mistake a minor improvement for a complete cure, and more than that, we have to expect that we are all going to suffer, even if we start to be able to put it behind us - because it is still down to God's purpose! Keep praying, pray for me and pray for those like me, that they be able to learn from experience!

I hope this helps.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had to journey through this years ago and am keen to support anyone with the challenge of finding healing from such issues.

I am fully restored and life is more than I could ask or think.

Persecutions are a seperate issue - they come simply because as a true believer you carry a different spirit.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You have a gifted mind, gott. Do you think you have that because of your mental illness or inspite of it? Just curious. You don't have to answer.

It's nice of you to ask.

I have a righteous imagination. That is because my schizophrenia has broken the fetters on my mind, that used to be there.

Once you realise that you only struggle, because your mind keeps you in place, you do anything you can to minimize that as much as possible.

I'm still of two minds about whether I will ask to have schizophrenia in Heaven; it might sound selfish, but I think I am going to ask to have the benefits of schizophrenia (without the drawbacks).

As my brother returntosender said "persecutions don't happen in Heaven" - so I will ask to have schizophrenia (without persecutions).

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's nice of you to ask.

I have a righteous imagination. That is because my schizophrenia has broken the fetters on my mind, that used to be there.

Once you realise that you only struggle, because your mind keeps you in place, you do anything you can to minimize that as much as possible.

I'm still of two minds about whether I will ask to have schizophrenia in Heaven; it might sound selfish, but I think I am going to ask to have the benefits of schizophrenia (without the drawbacks).

As my brother returntosender said "persecutions don't happen in Heaven" - so I will ask to have schizophrenia (without persecutions).
All are made whole in heaven. There is no sickness. I believe you will Have all your gifts though. I know you know that gott. Bless your heart and spirit.

Upvote 0