Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I teach is not a strange theory it is all seen in scripture as I have been showing, and it is harder to maintain a man made tradition as many have about water baptism today and the added words men put to scripture to make it fit.

sone follow traditions that are at odds with scripture

And in Eph 4:5 , it reads , One Lord , one Faith , one BAPTISM .

But the Greek text reads One BAPTISMA .

So BAPTISMA , means ONE BAPTIZER , in other words ,it means ONE BAPTIZER , the HOLY SPIRIT >

The Greek word BAPTISMA is used 22 times , from Matthew -----Eph 4:5 .

If BAPTIZO always means water , then what does 1 Cor 10:2 mean , all were BAPRIZOC/BAPTIZED unto Moses , in the CLOUD , and in the SEA .

It is obvious who were the ones water BAPTIZED as Israel passed over to the other side ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If BAPTIZO always means water ,
It doesn't. The word refers to something plunged into water or washed in water, etc.

So far as Moses and the Israelites being baptized is concerned, however, this cannot refer to Christian baptism but just to the washing gesture of the kind of baptism that John the Baptist administered. In Scripture, it is contrasted with the new kind of baptism that Jesus instructed his followers to receive.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't. The word refers to something plunged into water or washed in water, etc.

So far as Moses and the Israelites being baptized is concerned, however, this cannot refer to Christian baptism but just to the washing gesture of the kind of baptism that John the Baptist administered. In Scripture, it is contrasted with the new kind of baptism that Jesus instructed his followers to receive.

AND what does BAPTISM do for all in this age of grace ,your thoughts ?

Is not Baptism GIVEN to Israel

Your thoughts on John 1:31 where John wrote , and I knew him not , but that he should be made manifest to Israel , therefore am I come BAPTIZING with water .

It is obvious that John could not be speaking to the BODY of CHRIST , what say you ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
AND what does BAPTISM do for all in this age of grace ,your thoughts ?
It seems as though I addressed that before, but I guess that was a different thread. Christian baptism forgives sin or reassures the recipient of the forgiveness of his sins, gives grace for growth in the faith, and makes the recipient a recognized member of Christ's church.

Your thoughts on John 1:31 where John wrote , and I knew him not , but that he should be made manifest to Israel , therefore am I come BAPTIZING with water .

It is obvious that John could not be speaking to the BODY of CHRIST , what say you ?
There are a number of commentaries by well-known people available online that you might like to study. For instance, see the following:
John 1:31 Commentaries: "I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water." (biblehub.com)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems as though I addressed that before, but I guess that was a different thread. Christian baptism forgives sin or reassures the recipient of the forgiveness of his sins, gives grace for growth in the faith, and makes the recipient a recognized member of Christ's church.

There are a number of commentaries by well-known people available online that you might like to study. For instance, see the following:
John 1:31 Commentaries: "I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water." (biblehub.com)

And I see that you call yourself a fact checker and use Bible Hub and I use BLUE LETTER BIBLE .

And John 1:31 says that John came water baptizing to make the Jews manifest to Israel .

and that means that water baptism was given to Israel and not to the BODY of Christ asnth B O C was not yet revealed .

dan p

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And I see that you call yourself a fact checker and use Bible Hub and I use BLUE LETTER BIBLE .

And John 1:31 says that John came water baptizing to make the Jews manifest to Israel .

and that means that water baptism was given to Israel and not to the BODY of Christ asnth B O C was not yet revealed .

dan p
Well, that's your opinion and I don't resent anyone having an unusual interpretation, but I don't think it addresses the most obvious fact, which is that Christ came to Israel. What's more, your theory would seem to be sustainable ONLY if Christ had not said everything else he did about baptism as recorded in the New Testament. I see no evidence of you having considered that information.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's your opinion and I don't resent anyone having an unusual interpretation, but I don't think it addresses the most obvious fact, which is that Christ came to Israel. What's more, your theory would seem to be sustainable ONLY if Christ had not said everything else he did about baptism as recorded in the New Testament. I see no evidence of you having considered that information.
And have ever considered Heb 6:1 , where the writer says LEAVING the principles of the teaching of Christ and go unto perfection , not laying the foundation of Repentance from dead works and of faith toward God , and of the teaching of BAPTISMS and of laying on of hands and of resurrection of he dead and of eternal judgment .

Heb 8:13 , also .

dan p

Upvote 0