• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

123flower

Apr 22, 2012
✟25,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For some time I have doubts whether I'm saved or not. I still don't know for certain if baptism is neccessary for salvation.

I was in my late teens when I got baptised. But I didn't understood the gospel. I believe in Jesus and God and everything in the bible and I was raised as a christian and went to sunday school and church every week. But I struggled with sin a lot during my teenage years. Then my mom said I had to be baptised to be saved. Because of my social anxiety I was scared to be baptised in front of all the people in church, so when there was an opportunity to be baptised in the sea I thought that would be less scary. I remember the day before I got baptised that I knew I would start a new life after baptism, so I sinned one more time to say goodbye to it. After that I've read the sinners prayer from some selfhelp christian book and then I got baptised.

Now I feel not good about it. Like I wasn't serious about it that time. I was still sinning before I got baptised and I also didn't understood the gospel. Was my baptism valid back then? Years later I finally understood the gospel and converted again. I noticed that after that ''my eyes went open'' and I saw a lot of sin in my life I didn't even know was sin. I feel like I have to be baptise again, because I feel I wasn't serieus in my teens.

I don't know what to do and I also have anxiety and OCD which make me hesitate about everything.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For some time I have doubts whether I'm saved or not. I still don't know for certain if baptism is neccessary for salvation.

I was in my late teens when I got baptised. But I didn't understood the gospel. I believe in Jesus and God and everything in the bible and I was raised as a christian and went to sunday school and church every week. But I struggled with sin a lot during my teenage years. Then my mom said I had to be baptised to be saved. Because of my social anxiety I was scared to be baptised in front of all the people in church, so when there was an opportunity to be baptised in the sea I thought that would be less scary. I remember the day before I got baptised that I knew I would start a new life after baptism, so I sinned one more time to say goodbye to it. After that I've read the sinners prayer from some selfhelp christian book and then I got baptised.

Now I feel not good about it. Like I wasn't serious about it that time. I was still sinning before I got baptised and I also didn't understood the gospel. Was my baptism valid back then? Years later I finally understood the gospel and converted again. I noticed that after that ''my eyes went open'' and I saw a lot of sin in my life I didn't even know was sin. I feel like I have to be baptise again, because I feel I wasn't serieus in my teens.

I don't know what to do and I also have anxiety and OCD which make me hesitate about everything.
No, you probably don't need to be baptized again.

Yes, if you felt convicted about sin, you are a Christian.

People who have challenges with anxiety and OCD often have the very thoughts you're talking about.

Just tell Jesus you love him and want to follow him.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you think you should be baptized again, then I believe that,'s what you should do.

Water baptism isn't required for salvation.

When we become believers, we're reconciled to God by believing in Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. We're baptized unto salvation.
(Rev 1:5; Matt 26:28; 1 Cor 12:13; Acts 2:38; Gal 3:27, II Cor 5:18).

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

What is baptism?

There are two baptism(s) of water and one of the Holy Spirit.

Baptisim by water ... is symbolic

By baptism we confess our faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and testify of our death to sin and of our purpose to walk in newness of life. Thus we acknowledge Christ as Lord and Saviour, become His people, and are received as members by His church. Baptism is a symbol of our union with Christ, the forgiveness of our sins, and our reception of the Holy Spirit. It is by immersion in water and is contingent on an affirmation of faith in Jesus and evidence of repentance of sin. It follows instruction in the Holy Scriptures and acceptance of their teachings. (Matt. 28:19, 20; Acts 2:38; 16:30-33; 22:16; Rom. 6:1-6; Gal. 3:27; Col. 2:12, 13.)

That being said .... if you want to recommit your life to the Lord and be water baptized again there is nothing wrong with that.

Baptism in itself does not save anyone .... only Jesus saves.

The important thing is how is your life trending? More towards sin or more so away from it? The work of the Holy Spirt is to help us trend away from sin.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Salvation is through faith in Jesus. Baptism is merely an act of obedience.
don't know what to do and I also have anxiety and OCD which make me hesitate about everything.

What should you do?
Talk with your minister.
Attend church weekly , read the bible and pray for others, persecuted Christians, the sick, leaders etc etc etc.
Live for Jesus.
See your doctor about your anxiety and ocd and follow his advice.

Only Christians worry about sin, being saved etc.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0