Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recurrently hear Christians equating the baptism of the Holy Spirit with conversion, i.e., that when you convert you are simultaneously baptized in the Holy Spirit. Below I'm sharing a few testimonies showing this is false. I hope they are a blessing to someone:

(Clip) Testimony of Being Filled with the Holy Spirit by Zac Poonen

Be Filled with the Holy Spirit - Zac Poonen - April 7, 2019

David Wilkerson - You Need The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit

Best of FOTM - Doug met Jesus in PERSON.

Spirit World, Filled With Holy Spirit Empowerment & Destroying Demon Sickness. Choby Siau

Last edited:

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just because these fellows were gifted by God to recieve a strong sense of God's presence doesn't mean that God must always deal similarly with all His children. Some of us never get a strong sense of being filled with the Holy Spirit and it's not about what we do or have not done that determines this.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For your consideration. There's a doctrine of baptisms,..." (Heb 6:2).
There are 3 baptisms:

1 - By The Holy Spirit into Jesus is the baptism for salvation. Baptized into the body of Christ by believing in His death, burial, and resurrection.
(Rev 1:5; Matt 26:28; Mark 1:4, 16:16; Luk 3:3; 1 Cor 12:13: Acts 2:38: Gal 3:27, +++)
When we become believers then we are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise. "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," Eph 1:13

Water and Spirit baptism follows - not in a set order:
2 - By another believer (water baptism) (Matt 28:19, Matt 3:16 Philip with the eunuch "...when they were come up out of the water..." Acts 8:39.

3 - By Jesus with or into The Holy Spirit (The Spirit baptism) Believers already have the Holy Spirit but this baptism endures us with power for service. (Acts 1:5 8: Acts 8:14-17; 10:44-48,
Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; Acts 11:16++++)'

"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Part of the confusion here, is that some experiences are greater in sin than they appear, while others are less in Heaven than they could be: you shouldn't necessarily want more, that is either.

Like John seeing the white dove descending upon Jesus, was an experience that would never have been recorded, if Jesus had relied on His own righteousness - the fact that it was experienced on the other hand, because it was John that saw it, meant that the faith (the people of the faith) were able to develop faith, for even greater than this.

The point is, that first John had to declare that his righteousness was less than that of Jesus, but by the same token, Jesus had to see the baptism through - all the way to the Cross: He could not simply "experience" the Holy Spirit on the Cross, He had to give His Life up to it.

I don't know if you follow my thinking here, but if you haven't already you should have repented of selfish expectation, in relation to spiritual experiences, that if you received them, you are not deceived by them? In principle you need to do more than repent, but I am saying don't forget to start there - I still believe you could have greater experience, than you have found, but a listening faith is greater than revelation (on its own).

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be Filled with the Holy Spirit - Zac Poonen - April 7, 2019

WOW. I need to hear more from Zac Poonen. I've only listened to 15 mins and it clicks. The power of Christ unites all believers in a supernatural way that is indescribable, so i had to post this message.

I knew of Christ but was living a life of sin. I repented on 27/12/1999 but never personally knew his Holy Spirit, the comforter, i think i tasted the living waters (the holy Spirit) in the early hours of 01/05/2020 which lasted 3 days. I was so confused back then...... I KNOW Christ is real, i still can't believe he's so powerful, even now. The dates i mentioned are spiritual to me, but i'm also thinking they're linked to the literal Jewish Calander.

I can't testify for others, i know what was and is real to me. Never give up desiring heaven/eternity. Never go through this life as a Christian with a 'que sera sera' attitude. Christ has so much more for you.

Here's my Testimony summarised.

God Bless you all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
3 - By Jesus with or into The Holy Spirit (The Spirit baptism) Believers already have the Holy Spirit but this baptism endures us with power for service. (Acts 1:5 8: Acts 8:14-17; 10:44-48,
Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; Acts 11:16++++)'

"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7-8

There were some Protestant reformers back in the time of the Reformation who believed that baptism is related to becoming a witness for Christ along with dying unto the world and its sin. That 'power of service'/witnessing Christ might be different to every believer. Believers can witness Christ in different ways, some might become ministers of mighty revivals, others strengths may lye in comforting other believers.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another testimony of Baptism in the Holy Spirit, this testimony is very powerful:

HERE'S WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN AN ATHEIST GETS SURROUNDED WITH 80 PRAYING RUSSIANS!

Summary (by the uploader himself): "In this video, I share a testimony of the night that changed my life. Because people prayed over me in the name of Jesus Christ, I experienced supernatural healing, had a devil cast out of me, and got baptized in the Holy Spirit."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have to realize that there are two interpretations of BotS.

What is spoken of here, is the Pentecostal one, the one most known about these days, but it was taken from what the Holiness Movement understood. It is now thought to be about power whereas in the days of the HM, it was about holiness.

There is such a vast difference in the understandings and one way to understand it is to read War on the saints by Jessie-Penn-Lewis who tried to warn believers about the error coming in around 1904. You need the unabridged version though as one important letter from a German pastor has been removed which explains what exactly happens with the Pentecostal baptism.

Reactions: Gary Lee
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have to realize that there are two interpretations of BotS.

What is spoken of here, is the Pentecostal one, the one most known about these days, but it was taken from what the Holiness Movement understood. It is now thought to be about power whereas in the days of the HM, it was about holiness.

There is such a vast difference in the understandings and one way to understand it is to read War on the saints by Jessie-Penn-Lewis who tried to warn believers about the error coming in around 1904. You need the unabridged version though as one important letter from a German pastor has been removed which explains what exactly happens with the Pentecostal baptism.

Obviously the most essential point is we have to come to the Lord in true repentance first, that may come through preachers/the Word telling us we're sinners, the word of God spoken by mouth, or by reading, etc. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. We need to surrender our lives to him and he will cleanse our sins. The Holy Ghost won't always strive with man if man ignores him. If your stubborn/worldly ways doesn't allow Christ in he'll not come in and he'll not convict you.

A longing, a yearning, praying + studying the bible for acceptance into the new heavens and earth Christ is preparing for us will bring about a baptism of the Holy spirt (for some it can be gentle, for others a mighty force). When you first come to Christ in true repentance a deep desire resides in you that you know Christ has more for you on this earth, he desires a ministry/for you to be his witness on earth (only Christ knows what ministry you will have, he may have planned that he wants you to bring 1 more soul to him.) Some people get too occupied, i have to do more and more and more. They go where the wind blows without praying, meditating and waiting for Christ to tell them what to do.

Never ever think i'm saved, i'm ok now, all i have to do is focus on myself. Christ will reject you, he'll say, 'Depart from me i never knew you'. You'll be that goat he casts off into hell, the servant who was only given 1 talent but he hid it.

A true baptism of the Holy spirit is not limited to the book of Acts only, it can be found all throughout scripture. John 3:5 was the verse that triggered it with me. A deep understanding of the greek word 'hudor' triggered it and Christ allowed it to pour down from heaven to convince me he was real. i never knew Christ was and is so powerful.

but we must also keep his commandments and our bodies pure from worldly/earthly corruption, never thinking we've got there now. A true baptism of the Holy spirit is the earnest gift from Christ that an eternal home is there for you. Now you must live by his commandments and die unto the world and all its temptations.

god Bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
never thinking we've got there now

This is where the two schools of thought differ - the holiness one is about 'getting there' or becoming pure and holy and you know it. There is a constant need to stay there though and one can fall from it.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is where the two schools of thought differ - the holiness one is about 'getting there' or becoming pure and holy and you know it. There is a constant need to stay there though and one can fall from it.

an imitator of Christ will think they have. None on this earth can ever do what Christ did or take the place of him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's about total obedience through the power of God.

The obedience i'm commanded to follow are the traits/characteristics a Christian must possess which are explained in detail by the NT believers, Paul, Peter, John, etc. There are no other commandments i must follow as a Christian. The dietary laws, ceremonial, etc are not superior to Christ's commandments. Those 'laws of man' will drag you back into bondage and you'll become a slave to man's law, not a witness for Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not about picking this law or that one. It is being led by the Spirit in all things and having the Son of God manifest Himself in us. In that state it is easy as it has become our nature. We do not need to be checking all of the time, it just happens. If we might sin, the HS warns us beforehand.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not about picking this law or that one. It is being led by the Spirit in all things and having the Son of God manifest Himself in us. In that state it is easy as it has become our nature. We do not need to be checking all of the time, it just happens. If we might sin, the HS warns us beforehand.

Matthew 7:21-23 tells us we need to be sure to have firm biblical grounds for our assurance. We need to evaluate ourselves as we're living in an ungodly world. Don't evaluate yourself to the extreme so it drives you crazy. Clean your lamp when it needs cleaned, don't be overly obsessed with cleaning your lamp. Keep the flame lit and the oil topped up, never let it blow out.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have that firm Biblical assurance if the HS confirms to us that we are united with Him in baptism and we are 'in' the sermon on the mount and other examples of the holy life. Pure in heart means that here is nothing in our hearts that is not of Christ. We must guard this daily to stay in purity.

Upvote 0