Not open for further replies.

twosid

Jun 30, 2003
Woodstock, Georgia
Visit site
✟2,396.00
Faith
Christian
I ass-u-me that this show is going to try and implicate the Catholic Church in some way in keeping something unpleasant out of the bible and so I'm asking if anyone has any insight into what the argument is going to be?

The show comes on tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern. Check for your local times/days if you want to watch and aren't on the east coast.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
twosid said:
I ass-u-me that this show is going to try and implicate the Catholic Church in some way in keeping something unpleasant out of the bible and so I'm asking if anyone has any insight into what the argument is going to be?
No, but I ass-u-me that it will be an utter load of bull turd, no matter what it is. :D

Michelle

Upvote 0

twosid

Jun 30, 2003
Woodstock, Georgia
Visit site
✟2,396.00
Faith
Christian
haha....I found this on their site......

In a 2-hour special, we scrutinize ancient writings that didn't "make the cut" in the battle to create a Christian Bible in the new religion's first few centuries. Biblical archaeologists and scholars examine why they were left out and if others might yet be found. Beginning with the little-known Life of Adam and Eve, we also peruse the Book of Jubilees, the Book of Enoch, the Gospel of Thomas, the Protevangelium of James, the Gospel of Mary, the Gospel of Nicodemus, and the Apocalypse of Peter.

Upvote 0

HolyGuardianAngels

Merry Christmas Everyone
Mar 10, 2005
Southern California, just minutes from the beach !
✟17,081.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
twosid said:
haha....I found this on their site......

In a 2-hour special, we scrutinize ancient writings that didn't "make the cut" in the battle to create a Christian Bible in the new religion's first few centuries. Biblical archaeologists and scholars examine why they were left out and if others might yet be found. Beginning with the little-known Life of Adam and Eve, we also peruse the Book of Jubilees, the Book of Enoch, the Gospel of Thomas, the Protevangelium of James, the Gospel of Mary, the Gospel of Nicodemus, and the Apocalypse of Peter.

To the tune of Ghost Busters... I ask:

Who you gonna believe... TODAYS' scholars (who are looking for every excuse NOT to believe) or the Centuries of History;) of The Roman Catholic Church...:thumbsup:

In My Humble Opinion:

The Holy Bible...Sacred Scripture... Has NOT been censored and Should NOT be censored...:thumbsup:

Good Christain Men, Rejoice!!
God Bless
:angel:

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Maynard Keenan said:
If nothing else, it is intersting to look at which writings were chosen/rejected and why. I mean, how DID they determine if a scripture was divinely inspired?

It will be interesteing to hear what they have to say, but I would not necessarily trust anything they say . . I would go to the Church to find out how and why they did what they did . .

The history channel promotes such things as the Divinci Code which alledges that some of the writings that were left out of the bible were done so deliberately . . it could be going in that direction too . . .

These types of shows always come up around Christmas and Easter . . withou fail . .

Peace

Upvote 0

Paul S

Salve, regina, mater misericordiæ
Sep 12, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟17,194.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maynard Keenan said:
If nothing else, it is intersting to look at which writings were chosen/rejected and why. I mean, how DID they determine if a scripture was divinely inspired?

The Holy Ghost told them.

Upvote 0

jbarcher

ANE Social Science Researcher
Aug 25, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
✟10,136.00
Faith
Christian
thereselittleflower said:
The gnostic writings . . .

It would be wierd if a popular show didn't feature the gnostic writings. My first thought was GoT, which is a pretty sensationalized second century document.

'biblical scholarship' in sound bites. I need a barf smiley.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.