• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bad thoughts and stuff

NoahSK

Apr 25, 2019
Sarasota
✟32,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I keep getting these thoughts in my head saying Jesus is the enemy and satan is lord or something like that. I think it started when I was about to say Jesus is Lord or something like that and I accidentally started to say satan instead of Jesus or something. I don't know, it's kinda worrying me though. Like whenever I try to say stuff about Jesus being Lord and satan being evil and the enemy, my mind twists it and I keep accidentally saying the opposite, out loud and in my mind. My tongue keeps slipping and I don't know why I keep getting everything twisted and confused.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I keep getting these thoughts in my head saying Jesus is the enemy and satan is lord or something like that. I think it started when I was about to say Jesus is Lord or something like that and I accidentally started to say satan instead of Jesus or something. I don't know, it's kinda worrying me though. Like whenever I try to say stuff about Jesus being Lord and satan being evil and the enemy, my mind twists it and I keep accidentally saying the opposite, out loud and in my mind. My tongue keeps slipping and I don't know why I keep getting everything twisted and confused.
We need to put it all under the Blood of Jesus. We are to have the Mind of Christ and think the Divine thoughts of God.

Upvote 0

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Noah,
I wonder if maybe because these thoughts are so distressing that your fear and anxiety is resulting in some of the tongue twisters you're talking about. I don't really know, but I have also struggled with evil thoughts before. I believe that everyone gets them, and sometimes these thoughts come from us (if you look up invasive thoughts, you'll see that this is a common issue for everyone). In my case, when I would have distressing thoughts, I would often become very upset, horrified, and disturbed because I wasn't sure why these thoughts were in my mind. I was afraid that these were my thoughts, and sometimes I would beg God for forgiveness because I believed they were my thoughts.

But I received some advice about this, and I was told that sometimes thoughts can enter our minds that are from the enemy. I think often the things we fear most or are weak against tend to be the thoughts the enemy attacks us with. The important thing is to recognize that these thoughts are not of God. Remember the verse, "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

When these thoughts come into my mind, I often think "I don't agree with that thought. That is of the enemy, and I don't accept it. I take this thought captive to obedience to Christ." I often say this out loud if I can. If the thought keeps coming, I say it again, and then I quote scripture against that thought. For example in your case, you can say, "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." or "“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:27. Memorize verses like these to "say back" so to speak to these wrong thoughts. When I started doing this, I found massive relief and found many of these thoughts stopped coming, when I refused to accept them and replied with truth to these thoughts. Don't accept them or let the enemy destroy your peace.

Philippians 4:8 says "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Sometimes it really helps to replace these wrong thoughts with thoughts that are "pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, praiseworthy." I think that's why it is so powerful to memorize verses that you can readily bring to mind to refuse these thoughts.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Knowing that you have OCD, why is it worrying you that you're getting weird thoughts? Isn't that pretty typical for OCD?

Upvote 0