• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Back in Business Again

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Okay, one more time we seem to be back up. In our last go-round earlier today, Main Exception reported nine sober days - today would be 10 - and Bellicus, two weeks. BlessEwe has also been up. If anyone else checked in between about 1PM & 6:34CDT their stuff is ("Fiddledeedee, we'll worry about that tomorrow") gone with the wind.

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I really feel like something to drink. Also got a problem with my benzos, only 2 pills left (and I feel like i want to take them both now) and I wont be getting any more of them in about a month :( Not looking very brightly on things right now. Have a feeling that soon I will be taking old anti-psychotics from my medicine cabinet just to feel stoned, even if I know I will be sleeping most of the days and having tons of other side-effects.

Upvote 0

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Main Exception's post from earlier today is on point. You need to have something else to do. Given some of our past conversations, may I suggest exercise? Also calling AA. (With two weeks of sobriety, it's not like you'd be staggering in the door. It's quite possible that that would be more than some of the people you'll meet there.)
The big thing is to somehow get away from the island of yourself.
Give some thought to those "tons of other side effects." Do you really want to go through them, and getting over them, again? Do you really want to go through sobering up again? Keep doing what you're doing now, staying sober, and in time you'll find you can go places in your mind that are better than what booze and drugs gave you; but it's going to be rough for awhile. You aren't done craving and you aren't done being afraid; but if you go back now, you'll just have to go through it all another time.
I don't know if the PMs and emails I sent earlier today ever left CF; but I'm hoping we'll see more of our regulars back soon, with some support for people.

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I really feel like something to drink. Also got a problem with my benzos, only 2 pills left (and I feel like i want to take them both now) and I wont be getting any more of them in about a month :( Not looking very brightly on things right now. Have a feeling that soon I will be taking old anti-psychotics from my medicine cabinet just to feel stoned, even if I know I will be sleeping most of the days and having tons of other side-effects.

How many benzos do you take in a 24 hour period, and for how long?

Reactions: Gazelle
Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just in case you log back in, and hoping this stays here.

Valium/Xanax are benzos and should never be stopped abruptly sorry to say, you could have a seizer. Taking a other kind of Psych drug will really mess you up. Do some research, and if you start getting symptoms call for help.

Here is a link to maybe read, Please keep us updated Bellicus you are in our prayers Big time brother

http://anxiety.emedtv.com/valium/valium-withdrawal.html

````

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
yup, 10 days. Bellicus...involve prayer and more support in your life. Find it. It and they will accept you with wide open arms. Exercise, prayer groups, bible reading, worship groups, AA, bible studies, all sorts of things to do instead of drink or do drugs.

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
yup, 10 days. Bellicus...involve prayer and more support in your life. Find it. It and they will accept you with wide open arms. Exercise, prayer groups, bible reading, worship groups, AA, bible studies, all sorts of things to do instead of drink or do drugs.

:thumbsup: :cheer:

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just got back from 10 days out of town. Tried to check in while away, and system here was down.

I will post privately on my week away.

I am concerned about our friend. Try to get to an AA meeting, and if need be, get to the ER to detox off the benzos. Very messed up there with the benzos and the anti-psychotics. You are not trying to get sober, just trying to stop alcohol. Big difference.

Rehab, AA, therapy, ER, Detox are all available if you are serious about getting yourself CLEAN AND SOBER.

Upvote 0

Bellicus

Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, 2 weeks was something, at least a start. Bought some beer tonight even if I really didn't have the money for it. I can't afford any more in about 1 1/2 weeks, and I hope I can remain sober even when I can afford to drink again.

I don't fear any major withdrawal symptoms from the benzos. 345 mg of oxazepam in about 2 weeks, nothing much really. I guess I'll feel pretty messed up by the time I get more of them, but at least I've been off them for a while then, and I suspect my doctor is going to stop giving them soon and try to get me on some other meds instead.

And Chlorprothixene (the anti-psycotics) is nothing to worry about. They are often used for alchohol and opioid withdrawal, so I guess they would be good to use. I used to get them because I felt they helped me in staying off pot-smoking for periods.

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Bellicus, you are playing with fire playing doctor, and not being honest with the people who are prescribing them to you. I am glad you are being honest here, because writing it down may just bring the light of really what you are doing and seek help. When we are in the middle of our problem we think we know how to handle it and down play the dangers. I did the exact same thing as you, and well it progressed because I didn't know how to stop, and kept saying I could handle it.

Just keep in mind if you do start having symptoms of benzo withdrawal seek help.

:prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faithful follower

Sharing our Journey
Dec 10, 2008
United States
✟29,484.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been gone a while because I had a serious fall and have had some surgery to do repairs and am now in a phys rehab center until i can go home. it'll probably be a total of 4 months away from home before I get discharged. I've been gone 2 months already. In the rehab, we are permitted to have alcohol as long as we buy it ourselves because this is not an alcohol or chemical dependency center, just a nursing home and physical rehab facility. I was tempted in my depression to have someone bring me alcohol, but the temptation passed and since I didn't take any action on my temptation, I still have over 3 years of sobriety.

The secret to sobriety is not acting on the craving just for today. Get involved with some sober people who are committed to their program of recovery and remember that one more drink, fix or hit will not make this any better. It just gets the cravings really going again.

I am on a narcotic pain med. I thought long and hard before taking it. I do not get a buzz at all from the pain meds, they don't even completely relieve the pain. I need it in order to be able to do the physical therapy. It's already being weaned off and by the time I get home, I'll be completely off of them. I may have to work my program a little more actively since i've had the narcotics, but by telling others and going to more meetings upon discharge, I am confident that God can keep me clean and sober.

I'm glad that I'm able to type again and be more active on the forum.

blessings and serenity to you all.

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been gone a while because I had a serious fall and have had some surgery to do repairs and am now in a phys rehab center until i can go home. it'll probably be a total of 4 months away from home before I get discharged. I've been gone 2 months already. In the rehab, we are permitted to have alcohol as long as we buy it ourselves because this is not an alcohol or chemical dependency center, just a nursing home and physical rehab facility. I was tempted in my depression to have someone bring me alcohol, but the temptation passed and since I didn't take any action on my temptation, I still have over 3 years of sobriety.

The secret to sobriety is not acting on the craving just for today. Get involved with some sober people who are committed to their program of recovery and remember that one more drink, fix or hit will not make this any better. It just gets the cravings really going again.

I am on a narcotic pain med. I thought long and hard before taking it. I do not get a buzz at all from the pain meds, they don't even completely relieve the pain. I need it in order to be able to do the physical therapy. It's already being weaned off and by the time I get home, I'll be completely off of them. I may have to work my program a little more actively since i've had the narcotics, but by telling others and going to more meetings upon discharge, I am confident that God can keep me clean and sober.

So glad that you are staying sober. As for the pain meds, my rehab therapist reminds us that we are not martyrs. If we are taking the meds as prescribed for legitimate pain, then it is okay. I had a problem in March, so I am only prescribed 20 to start with. I am taking mine as prescribed, and I, like you, don't get a buzz, and they don't totally eliminate the pain.

So good to hear from you. God bless.

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

:clap::clap: and so sorry to hear about your accident.

So glad that you are staying sober. As for the pain meds, my rehab therapist reminds us that we are not martyrs. If we are taking the meds as prescribed for legitimate pain, then it is okay. I had a problem in March, so I am only prescribed 20 to start with. I am taking mine as prescribed, and I, like you, don't get a buzz, and they don't totally eliminate the pain.

So good to hear from you. God bless.

Hugs,
Trish

I agree 100% I hurt my back today while my son was being my workout coach... lol he is 12 and I am 52 :p I may call my doctor tomorrow for something if it does not get better with heat, and ice.

Upvote 0