Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is all? No inside details? No steamy plot lines? Exclusive behind-the-scenes photos taken by the papparazzi?

Inquiring minds want to know:

Did you meet anyone famous?

Did you meet anyone who might become famous?

Did you witness anything out of the ordinary: angels, UFOs, little green men, giant snakes, ROUS (rodents of unusual size)?

Is the property being foreclosed on?

Did anyone get kidnapped? Taken hostage?

Does the government know about this plot to take over the world, or take over General Motors?

A lot of interesting things were bound to have happened over there. Hmmm.....

Upvote 0

Supplanter

There is no charge for awesomeness.
May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
No, no need for anyone to be impressed, though I know you are Neph :p . I just felt like announcing my return, makes me feel like I was actually missed. ;)

Actually, I went with some friends of mine from church. Basically, our little women's group, but it wasn't a "church" thing. We are all actually friends and like each other. So, it was Ms. Rosemary;s retirement celebration that we had planned. She has retired from teaching Pre-K this year. She is 63. Then, there was Gail, who is 54, Libby -49, Pat-45, and me - 25. We all had such a good time, very different women from very different walks of life, but we truly are family and extend that love to one another and others.

We rented a little cabin up in the mountains for a few days and each of us cooked a meal for the others. We hiked about 7 1/2 miles of trail while we were there, which was awesome. We were so proud of ourselves when we finished the 4 mile trail. It was amazing. I got a chance to minister to one of our friends about a broken relationship, a broken life really and I feel like I did what God wanted me to do, which is always amazing to see what He does.

It was a beautiful place and I would get up early in the morning just as the day was breaking and sit on our back patio and pray and do my devotions and just relax and soak up all that was around me. We just got a chance to take a time out of our usual lives and laugh and build camaraderie, and come back renewed and strengthened, knowing that we do truly have a sisterhood and are not alone.

However, I can barely walk after trekking the mountain and swimming. My calves are so tight right now. I'm scared to go to sleep because I might not be able to move in the morning, but that's ok. It was worth it.

Upvote 0

Supplanter

May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like fun. Do some stretching and bouncing exercises for your calves and that will help tremendously. Also take some aspirin, as it relaxes the muscles and helps them not to be so tight.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, no need for anyone to be impressed, though I know you are Neph :p . I just felt like announcing my return, makes me feel like I was actually missed. ;)

Actually, I went with some friends of mine from church. Basically, our little women's group, but it wasn't a "church" thing. We are all actually friends and like each other. So, it was Ms. Rosemary;s retirement celebration that we had planned. She has retired from teaching Pre-K this year. She is 63. Then, there was Gail, who is 54, Libby -49, Pat-45, and me - 25. We all had such a good time, very different women from very different walks of life, but we truly are family and extend that love to one another and others.

We rented a little cabin up in the mountains for a few days and each of us cooked a meal for the others. We hiked about 7 1/2 miles of trail while we were there, which was awesome. We were so proud of ourselves when we finished the 4 mile trail. It was amazing. I got a chance to minister to one of our friends about a broken relationship, a broken life really and I feel like I did what God wanted me to do, which is always amazing to see what He does.

It was a beautiful place and I would get up early in the morning just as the day was breaking and sit on our back patio and pray and do my devotions and just relax and soak up all that was around me. We just got a chance to take a time out of our usual lives and laugh and build camaraderie, and come back renewed and strengthened, knowing that we do truly have a sisterhood and are not alone.

However, I can barely walk after trekking the mountain and swimming. My calves are so tight right now. I'm scared to go to sleep because I might not be able to move in the morning, but that's ok. It was worth it.
Sounds great! But with all this hymming and hawing I now expect to see some pics. This isn't the 20th century you know, when you go on a trip and announce it to all of us we expect to see some photos.

Just kidding S, glad you had a great time! :D

Upvote 0

Supplanter

May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sounds great! But with all this hymming and hawing I now expect to see some pics. This isn't the 20th century you know, when you go on a trip and announce it to all of us we expect to see some photos.

Just kidding S, glad you had a great time! :D

lol Give me a chance to get them downloaded, and I will accommodate you. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics