Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
(Originally posted to my blog)

Excerpt:

MORE than 20 babies have been aborted in advanced pregnancy because scans showed that they had club feet, a deformity readily corrected by surgery or physiotherapy.

According to figures from the Office for National Statistics covering the years from 1996 to 2004, a further four babies were aborted because they had webbed fingers or extra digits, which are also corrected by simple surgery. All the terminations took place late in pregnancy, after 20 weeks.

Last year, according to campaigners, a healthy baby was aborted in the sixth month at a hospital in southeast England after ultrasound images indicated part of its foot was missing.

News of the terminations has reignited the debate over how scanning and gene technology may enable the creation of “designer babies”. In 2002 it emerged that a baby had been aborted late

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2200495,00.html

This is absolutely repugnant. Abortions of convenience such as these, championed by "reproductive rights" advocates, are a devaluation of human life and should not be tolerated in a civilized world.

Jasminrose

Veteran
Aug 20, 2005
Iowa
✟9,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Brennin said:
(Originally posted to my blog)

Excerpt:

MORE than 20 babies have been aborted in advanced pregnancy because scans showed that they had club feet, a deformity readily corrected by surgery or physiotherapy.

According to figures from the Office for National Statistics covering the years from 1996 to 2004, a further four babies were aborted because they had webbed fingers or extra digits, which are also corrected by simple surgery. All the terminations took place late in pregnancy, after 20 weeks.

Last year, according to campaigners, a healthy baby was aborted in the sixth month at a hospital in southeast England after ultrasound images indicated part of its foot was missing.

News of the terminations has reignited the debate over how scanning and gene technology may enable the creation of “designer babies”. In 2002 it emerged that a baby had been aborted late

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2200495,00.html

This is absolutely repugnant. Abortions of convenience such as these, championed by "reproductive rights" advocates, are a devaluation of human life and should not be tolerated in a civilized world.

I think this is sickening, the least they could do would be to put the child up for adoption, and then most likely they would see their child and love them and want to keep them, but how would they know if they just abort them.

Upvote 0

happygrl35

God's love is all-overcomming
Apr 11, 2006
✟7,754.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Babies with club feet aborted
I don't see anything morally or legally wrong with abortioning a baby because of deformation,IMO however I see a problem with WANTING to abort a previously "wanted" baby at such a late date for mere clubfoot? I just don't understand the reasoning in that.This leaves me with only two conclusions 1# The parrents of the aborted *midly deformed fetus* really didn't want the baby to begin with and used it's mild deformation as an excuse to abort,or 2# The parrents of the aborted *midly deformed fetus* are EXTREMELY vain and shallow,wanting only a phyisically perfect child,thus proving to be unfit parrents anyways.

Upvote 0

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Brennin said:
Abortions of convenience such as these, championed by "reproductive rights" advocates, are a devaluation of human life and should not be tolerated in a civilized world.
And where do you see abortion rights advocates championing abortions based on physical characteristics? I've never seen this. I've seen them say that it is a decision which should be left to the parent.

If you want to get all ****y, then attack the parents. It's "absolutely repugnant" to disingenuously lie about those with whom you disagree. You have a problem with abortion rights advocates, then attack them for their own actions, not those of unrelated individuals (and only four individuals at that!).

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
michabo said:
And where do you see abortion rights advocates championing abortions based on physical characteristics? I've never seen this. I've seen them say that it is a decision which should be left to the parent.

If you want to get all ****y, then attack the parents. It's "absolutely repugnant" to disingenuously lie about those with whom you disagree. You have a problem with abortion rights advocates, then attack them for their own actions, not those of unrelated individuals (and only four individuals at that!).

As far as I am concerned, anyone who supports late term abortions in any circumstance other than a medical emergency is complicit

Upvote 0

ApocryphaNow

Nov 9, 2005
State College, PA
✟978.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Brennin said:
This is absolutely repugnant... a devaluation of human life and should not be tolerated in a civilized world.

So is war. Fortunately, abortion hasn't gone nuclear yet, so we have bigger fish to fry.

I probably will never understand why people get so upset about abortion. If you don't like it... don't get one. Now, again, a lot of people don't have that option when it comes to war...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Aborting a child you wanted to bear just because of a physical and mental deformity is in my opinion LAZY and superficial. Your concern should be for the child's welfare, not how people are going to look at you about how "ugly" your baby may be. If surgery is available to fx a deformity, utilize it instead of terminating a life because you don't like how the child looks. It's not a freakin' dating service where you can pick and choose what you want based on looks. :sick:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
KalEl76 said:
Aborting a child you wanted to bear just because of a physical and mental deformity is in my opinion LAZY and superficial. Your concern should be for the child's welfare, not how people are going to look at you about how "ugly" your baby may be. If surgery is available to fx a deformity, utilize it instead of terminating a life because you don't like how the child looks. It's not a freakin' dating service where you can pick and choose what you want based on looks. :sick:

Shockingly enough, this was what pro-lifers I know said was going to EXACTLY happen if abortion were kept legal...

Man... I don't know...

Upvote 0