Brooklin
✟4,248.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I feel just awful right now. Somethings come up from my past and it's triggered what seems to be the depth of my depression and anxiety. Life is going to get even more rough for me than it's been already been lately and I guess I'm just asking for prayers or words of encouragement. I'm in a really bad place right now...

Frenz, you are the sweetest, most awesome girl ever. Don't worry about a thing, you've got Randy by your side ;)

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
The God of All Comfort
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 40:30-31
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

:hug:

Upvote 0

2scoops

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear
May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I was just faced with a situation that brought up some old feelings. But, this time I was equipped with God's word, and the situation turned out peaceful.

God's Promises

Prayer

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
Matthew 21:22

"This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him."
1 John 5:14-15

"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you."
Jeremiah 29:12

"It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear."
Isaiah 65:24

"You will pray to Him, and He will hear you; and you will pay your vows."
Job 22:27

"In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you. Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full."
John 16:23-24

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."
James 5:16

"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."
John 14:13-14

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."
John 15:7

"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
Matthew 6:6

"Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me."
Psalm 50:15

"Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; You will cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.'"
Isaiah 58:9

"The LORD is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous."
Proverbs 15:29

"He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him."
Psalm 91:15

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!"
Matthew 7:11

"The righteous cry, and the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Psalm 34:17

"Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, and He will hear my voice."
Psalm 55:17

"The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them."
Psalm 145:18-19

"So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."
Matthew 6:8

"Whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight."
1 John 3:22

"Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know."
Jeremiah 33:3

"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."
Mark 11:24

Col 3:1-4 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory. 5 Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

Eph 6:12-18 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints

Upvote 0
Q

Quoth

I feel just awful right now. Somethings come up from my past and it's triggered what seems to be the depth of my depression and anxiety. Life is going to get even more rough for me than it's been already been lately and I guess I'm just asking for prayers or words of encouragement. I'm in a really bad place right now...

I'm sorry I wasn't the friend I should have been, but I do care for you as a person and hope that these things will pass for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PureSolace

Jan 22, 2006
Bellevue, WA, USA
✟8,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Trust in God

Upvote 0

Mark2010

Nov 9, 2005
✟6,262.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Been there. Often times certain things, images, people, places or seasons can serve as triggers that rehash negative feelings and emotions. Sometimes it can be helpful to detach from these things and, instead, look at the current circumstances as a second chance.

For example, years ago I went through a really rough break up with someone and did some things I later regretted. Now, when I experience a breakup, the memories come back. But I am able to detach and make a conscious decision to act differently than I did years ago. Yes, the pain is still present, but I am taking control of the situation, rather than allowing it to control me.

Hope this helps and that you will start feeling better soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Frenz,

You may find some help on the Anxiety and Panic Disorders thread...I use it myself quite a bit.

Having been through depression and anxiety for years myself...please PM or email me ANYTIME ok?

Keep praying through this...no matter how you FEEL...speak the truth and keep fighting.

God bless,
Vicky

Upvote 0

joyouspirit

I love my mikey!
Apr 28, 2006
USA
✟12,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It took me years to learn how to not be upset about my past, or much worse be depressed about it.

I have prayed all these years, crying in solitude for things that happened that was out of my control. One thing that I learned first and foremost, I have learned to forgive myself. That it wasn't my fault.

And the Lord helped me through. It was tough for 5 years, and I finally decided and CHOSE to be happy inspite of it. Focusing on my work, my children and GOD.

Hang on there, it will be weird for me to say, but inspite of all of these, I would say for me at least, it was worth all the pain and hurt for everything turned for the good.

God knows best.

God bless!!!:wave:

Upvote 0