Cynthia85

Doctor... Captain Picard... Let's make it so!
Jun 21, 2006
Here for a while, heaven for eternity
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most. Beautiful. Sc-fi. Movie. Ever.

I absolutely loved this movie. I agree With RocknRollRadio that the story line wasn't original, but nothing is anymore. With that said, however, the storyline is moving. The CG was nothing less then stunning! You could actually see this world being real (I told my husband I wanted to move there).

Would I go see this movie again? My dad and I are going next week.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I saw it... loved it. Great movie and the visuals were amazing!!! Not sure if I'd have liked it as much if it was 2D though. I pretty much knew the whole story line already... and I thought parts of it dragged a bit... but wow, the visuals had my eyes doing backflips. And in 3D? It felt like you were standing right there. This has been the fourth film I've seen in 3D since it became "the thing to do" and it is most certainly the best as far as that goes. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly made it feel so life like where the 3D in other films was meh... There were parts where the characters looked like they were sitting right there in front of you. Like you were just looking through a window. Nothing really popped "out" of the screen but there was A LOT of depth created. The flying scenes, and scenes where they're on cliffs or way up high or whatever... looked fantastic.

And the creatures?!? I haven't been this floored by creatures in a movie since Jurassic Park. They breathed and moved and everything like living creatures. On the computer they did not look that impressive. But on the big screen? Wow! They looked like they were actual creatures used and didn't feel CG at all. Particularly liked that one scene where Jake gets to ride his first "horse" creature and the camera just kind of pans over it. It was fantastic looking! And the plants!! All those plants are CGI but they felt so life like and I just wanted to reach out and touch them. And then all the glowing colors at night? Wow, just made everything look more amazing.

See if man's imagination can be this fantastic, I can't even begin to imagine what God has in store for us in heaven.

That is a truly AWESOME description. I have to ask,was yours a Digital 3-D experience or an IMAX 3-D experience?
Because a friend and I may see it Friday and digital 3-D is all that is the best available to us. I'm so hoping this is what we can expect.:prayer:

Upvote 0

Cynthia85

Doctor... Captain Picard... Let's make it so!
Jun 21, 2006
Here for a while, heaven for eternity
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
still not seen this one and probably won't at the theatre.

Oh, you really should see it in the theater! It's just such an amazing movie and seeing it so big really adds to the experience!

Upvote 0

xband411

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
✟15,125.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
considering my eye issues, I dunno how a 3D glasses would work with me...so I opted for a 2D movie.

all I can say about this movie: I will see it again!

I too wondered about my eye issues and the 3D glasses, but they turned out to work just fine. I've seen both Avatar and Up in 3D, and greatly enjoyed how much they added to the movie-going experience. Give it a shot!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I too wondered about my eye issues and the 3D glasses, but they turned out to work just fine. I've seen both Avatar and Up in 3D, and greatly enjoyed how much they added to the movie-going experience. Give it a shot!
I'm kinda blind in the right eye and I wear glasses. dunno if wearing 3D glasses would work as they require the eyes to focus. I can't focus that way. *sigh*

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I just saw it this evening in RealD 3-D and it was awesome! I loved the 3-D even though it made me dizzy at the beginning and whenever everyone was at ground level and like you were there,I felt disoriented,but it still felt cool,LOL! I did not appreciate the cursing,especially the frequent use of the Lord's name being used in vain.
My son who is 39 liked the 3-D but wasn't crazy about the story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Great visuals!
The 3D was really good (spectacular in some places)

However I don't understand how this is a record breaking movie.
Yes, it was worth the price of admission. Yes the glasses were worth the extra money for the 3D experience.

But the story?
Yes it was good, but it's been overdone to death. Cameron did not do a horrible job with it, but dang, I expected SO MUCH more, especially considering the RAVE reviews this movie is getting, and the money it's raking in (expected to beat Titanic as the overall best grossing movie of all time)

SPOILER!! Do NOT highlight the rest of my post if you don't want to know the plot of this movie!!

Spoiler begins here-

This is pretty much Ferngully with gunships, with Dances With Wolves thrown in for good measure.

End spoiler

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, some idiots take this movie far too close to heart.
"Waaaaggh! I wanna live there, but I can't so I wanna kill myself :cry: ."

Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?!?

The movie was really good, but NOT that good (especially considering the fact that the storyline has been done before more than once).

Apparently some people need to avoid fiction.

Upvote 0