✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
article said:
Extreme Makeover
article said:
What if you spent one year following every rule in the Bible? A. J. Jacobs did exactly that.

Sept. 21, 2007 - After A. J. Jacobs spent a year reading the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica for his book “The Know-It-All,” he figured he had the yearlong experiment thing down. How much harder could it be to follow every rule in the Bible? Much, much harder, he soon discovered, as he found himself growing his beard, struggling not to curse and asking strangers for permission to stone them for adultery.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20910659/site/newsweek/?gt1=10357

The first thing that came to my mind besides promoting his book, was, ummmm, why???

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I think that's a fascinating project, to give the Bible a new, modern perspective by following directives that are written in the bible. People preach about following the 10 commandments etc, but how many actually know what the Bible says about various activities we commonly engage in? Anyway, the results have got to be interesting...

Upvote 0

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that's a fascinating project, to give the Bible a new, modern perspective by following directives that are written in the bible. People preach about following the 10 commandments etc, but how many actually know what the Bible says about various activities we commonly engage in? Anyway, the results have got to be interesting...

Most people don't know them because those other 300 some laws of the Old Testament became void when Jesus Christ died. Aren't you glad we don't need to live under Leviticus 15:19 anymore? :amen:

Upvote 0