✟80,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1 Corinthians 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Verse 11 tells us right there that the sheep are no longer verses 9-10.

Galatians 5
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The goats shall not inherit the kingdom of God. What is so difficult to understand?

The sheep are Christ's and they understand this:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I can't make anyone believe God's word. I believe it.

Bible Verse written that we might have hope.jpg

Christian Gods word is all sufficient.jpg

Christian Bible-final-authority.jpg
Christian 2 tim 316.gif

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Verse 11 tells us right there that the sheep are no longer verses 9-10.

Galatians 5
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The goats shall not inherit the kingdom of God. What is so difficult to understand?

The sheep are Christ's and they understand this:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I can't make anyone believe God's word. I believe it.

View attachment 261064

View attachment 261067
View attachment 261068 View attachment 261066
This is not difficult to understand, I too believe it.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is not difficult to understand, I too believe it.

LDS Kingdoms of Glory:

Mormonism teaches that a person is destined for one of six places depending on what he has done or what he has believed. These are: outer darkness (for Satan, his demons, and extremely wicked people) or one of three “kingdoms” known as the telestial, terrestrial or celestial kingdoms. Within the celestial kingdom are traditionally thought to be three levels[fn]LDS apologist Kevin Barney has successfully shown this traditional Mormon belief to be an inaccurate reading of the original texts in question. See his post on ByCommonConsent.com[/fn], the highest being called “The Church of the Firstborn.” It is here, and only here, that Mormon males hope to achieve Godhood and rule over their own worlds throughout eternity.

Currently hell in spirit prison is a of holding tank for the souls of the wicked. Here they remain until the end of the millennium when they will be resurrected and judged. Those with crimes not including murder or apostasy will be allowed entrance into the telestial kingdom, which is the lowest of the kingdoms of glory. Those who failed to prove themselves worthy of a telestial reward will return again to outer darkness, this time for eternity.
Heaven and Hell - Mormonism Research Ministry

Who are the goats and who are the sheep? I don't think Mormons know.

“Humanity will be grouped according to their works in three main divisions: Celestial (like the sun), Telestial (like the moon), Terrestrial (like the earth). Within each group there will be many gradations and divisions, until from the lowest to the highest in all groups there will be a series of gradually ascending glories.

There can be no talk of a hell, except for the few ‘sons of Perdition,’ but undoubtedly the regret for lost opportunities will be keen among those in the lower degrees of glory.” (Program of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, p. 226)

Who inherits the telestial kingdom of glory?

Doctrine and Covenants 76
97 And the glory of the terrestrial is one, even as the glory of the moon is one.

98 And the glory of the telestial is one, even as the glory of the stars is one; for as one star differs from another star in glory, even so differs one from another in glory in the telestial world;

99 For these are they who are of Paul, and of Apollos, and of Cephas.

100 These are they who say they are some of one and some of another—some of Christ and some of John, and some of Moses, and some of Elias, and some of Esaias, and some of Isaiah, and some of Enoch;

101 But received not the [LDS]gospel, neither the testimony of Jesus, neither the [LDS]prophets, neither the everlasting covenant.

102 Last of all, these all are they who will not be gathered with the saints, to be caught up unto the church of the Firstborn, and received into the cloud.

103 These are they who are liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
LDS Kingdoms of Glory:

Mormonism teaches that a person is destined for one of six places depending on what he has done or what he has believed. These are: outer darkness (for Satan, his demons, and extremely wicked people) or one of three “kingdoms” known as the telestial, terrestrial or celestial kingdoms. Within the celestial kingdom are traditionally thought to be three levels[fn]LDS apologist Kevin Barney has successfully shown this traditional Mormon belief to be an inaccurate reading of the original texts in question. See his post on ByCommonConsent.com[/fn], the highest being called “The Church of the Firstborn.” It is here, and only here, that Mormon males hope to achieve Godhood and rule over their own worlds throughout eternity.

Currently hell in spirit prison is a of holding tank for the souls of the wicked. Here they remain until the end of the millennium when they will be resurrected and judged. Those with crimes not including murder or apostasy will be allowed entrance into the telestial kingdom, which is the lowest of the kingdoms of glory. Those who failed to prove themselves worthy of a telestial reward will return again to outer darkness, this time for eternity.

Who are the goats and who are the sheep? I don't think Mormons know.

“Humanity will be grouped according to their works in three main divisions: Celestial (like the sun), Telestial (like the moon), Terrestrial (like the earth). Within each group there will be many gradations and divisions, until from the lowest to the highest in all groups there will be a series of gradually ascending glories.

There can be no talk of a hell, except for the few ‘sons of Perdition,’ but undoubtedly the regret for lost opportunities will be keen among those in the lower degrees of glory.” (Program of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, p. 226)

Who inherits the telestial kingdom of glory?

Doctrine and Covenants 76
97 And the glory of the terrestrial is one, even as the glory of the moon is one.

98 And the glory of the telestial is one, even as the glory of the stars is one; for as one star differs from another star in glory, even so differs one from another in glory in the telestial world;

99 For these are they who are of Paul, and of Apollos, and of Cephas.

100 These are they who say they are some of one and some of another—some of Christ and some of John, and some of Moses, and some of Elias, and some of Esaias, and some of Isaiah, and some of Enoch;

101 But received not the [LDS]gospel, neither the testimony of Jesus, neither the [LDS]prophets, neither the everlasting covenant.

102 Last of all, these all are they who will not be gathered with the saints, to be caught up unto the church of the Firstborn, and received into the cloud.

103 These are they who are liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie.
The vision on the 3 degrees of glory by JS is one of the great religious visions of all time, and answers a boat load of afterlife questions. It was a big hit when it was first told us and is still going strong today.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Joseph Smith didn't like the Bible, so he added his own ideas.
JS loved the bible. It was the Lord Jesus Christ that revealed to him that he should revise the bible, for it had many precious truths that were lost over the millennia of time. So JS did what he was told, and the version is called the Inspired Version of the Bible.

One of the reasons that this version gets smacked around is because JS said that some precious doctrines have been lost over time.

Many other church leaders translated the bible and added and took away from it so that their personal biases were dominant. Such as Jerome, Luther, Tyndal, King James, and a hundred others. All created a new bible that they say was better than what they had. So did JS.

We do not use the IVersion as our go to bible, because it was in the hands of another church for a time, and we can not vouch that they did not mess with the words of JS, so we have it and study it at times, but we use the KJV when we talk to non-members and give public talks, etc.

Upvote 0