✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I crave attention.
It's true, I do. Why? (does why need a question mark? Isn't why a question mark of it's own? Help me out here)

So, why.

Because I need a meaningful conversation with someone.

God created us that way, that's why (no question mark here, as 'why' here is not a question :) )

reading the Bible + discussing it with God = meaningful conversation :)

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

MaxQ

Cow Cuddler
Jan 20, 2021
Brisbane
✟8,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Naturalist
Marital Status
Single
God created us that way, that's why (no question mark here, as 'why' here is not a question :) )

reading the Bible + discussing it with God = meaningful conversation :)
Yeah but God doesn't talk back in realtime.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah but God doesn't talk back in realtime.

He most certainly does - but you have to incline your ear to hear Him; and if you won't listen to what He's already said to you in His Word, you likely won't hear His still, small voice

Upvote 0

MaxQ

Cow Cuddler
Jan 20, 2021
Brisbane
✟8,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Naturalist
Marital Status
Single
He most certainly does - but you have to incline your ear to hear Him; and if you won't listen to what He's already said to you in His Word, you likely won't hear His still, small voice
Why would I need to use my ears?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaxQ

Cow Cuddler
Jan 20, 2021
Brisbane
✟8,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Naturalist
Marital Status
Single
Understand the difference between listening and hearing.
Hearing a little voice in your mind is greatly different from hearing outside sounds. Correct me if I am mistaken here; but doesn't the God of the Jewish people speak only to those he chooses as Prophets?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why would I need to use my ears?

do you use your physical ears to 'hear' your own thoughts?

I don't understand the question.

you hear your own thoughts, but not through your ears; you don't need your ears to hear God's thoughts either

Hearing a little voice in your mind is greatly different from hearing outside sounds. Correct me if I am mistaken here; but doesn't the God of the Jewish people speak only to those he chooses as Prophets?

(Deu 4:9) Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
(Deu 4:10) Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.
(Deu 4:11) And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.
(Deu 4:12) And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
(Deu 4:13) And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
(Deu 4:14) And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.
(Deu 4:15) Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
(Deu 4:16) Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
(Deu 4:17) The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,
(Deu 4:18) The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:
(Deu 4:19) And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

the Lord speaks to everyone, His desire is to have an intimate relationship with all His children, but not everyone hears him.

(Exo 20:18) And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
(Exo 20:19) And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
(Exo 20:20) And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.
(Exo 20:21) And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

(Joh 12:23) And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
(Joh 12:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
(Joh 12:25) He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
(Joh 12:26) If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
(Joh 12:27) Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
(Joh 12:28) Father, glorify thy name
. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
(Joh 12:29) The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.
(Joh 12:30) Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

God spoke plainly from heaven to the people ("This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes"), but many thought it thundered, and some thought an angel spoke - not recognizing His voice is not the same as God not speaking.

have you ever found yourself sitting in a class at school, bored out of your mind, where only the teacher is speaking, and suddenly realized that you hadn't even been hearing them speak, being distracted with your own thoughts?

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Hello MaxQ, welcome to CF. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

God hears and answers any way He wants to whomever

View attachment 293198

hello-butterfly.gif

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I crave attention.
It's true, I do. Why? (does why need a question mark? Isn't why a question mark of it's own? Help me out here)

So, why.

Because I need a meaningful conversation with someone.
Welcome to the forum, Max. I hope you'll find your interactions here meaningful. God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums