Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Recently I've been attending a non-denominational church and it's been really nice. The church I've been going to has this program called "Re:Gen", which is short for Re:Generation. It's a 12-step program that you can go to whether you are experiencing issues with substance use, sin, or other things like loneliness or depression. I tried to go about a year ago, but it simply wasn't the right season for me. That being said, I'm trying again, and this time my target is to confront my problems with abandonment and loneliness. Due to childhood traumas, I have a lot of difficulty with trusting others and making close friendships. Ever since my teens, I have been running from my unpleasant feelings and thoughts regarding this, but no more. This time, I'm going to put this in God's hands because I now see that I truly cannot do this alone, and even with the help of other people, God's help is completely necessary.

So I'm going to try to attend this program, which is about a year long, and I'm going to do my best to stick with it. If God wills it, I think I'll actually be able to be healed. And maybe then I'll have some long-lasting friendships where I can feel comfortable leaning on others from time to time instead of always leaning solely on myself. That's a lot of burdens for one person to carry on their own.

And what I like about this program is that it encourages you to bring your struggles into the light. They have handouts that you can get from their website and some of them touch onto things that I thought were unspeakable in most Christian contexts, such as same-sex attraction, gender dysphoria, abortion, inappropriate contentography, and other things that someone may need to heal from. The handouts, alone, make me feel that I can be open and honest about my struggles and that I won't be shamed or looked at sideways for having them. I'm really enthusiastic about this program, as you could probably tell, and I can't wait to go back next week.