Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I found this on another forum (that I won't link to, as it contains things that aren't cool here). Also, I will edit it for the taste of this forum:

This is what it would be like, if the majority of people were athiests.

ATHIEST KID: Mom, I'm going to go [have sex with] a hooker.

ATHIEST MOM: Okay, son.

ATHIEST KID: Afterwards, I'm going to go smoke pot with my friends, since it's "not addictive."

ATHIEST MOM: Okay, come home soon!

The athiest kid leaves the room. The father comes home from work several minutes later.

ATHIEST DAD: Hey!

ATHIEST MOM: Hi, honey! I'm pregnant again. I guess I'll just get another abortion, since "fetuses don't count as human life."

ATHIEST DAD: Okay, get as many abortions as you want!

ATHIEST MOM: Oh, and don't go in the bedroom.

ATHIEST DAD: Why not?

ATHIEST MOM: There are two gay men [making love] in there.

ATHIEST DAD: Why are they here?

ATHIEST MOM: I wanted to watch them do it for awhile. They just aren't finished yet.

ATHIEST DAD: Okay, that's fine with me!

Suddenly, their neighbor runs into the house.

ATHIEST NEIGHBOR: Come quick, there's a Christian outside!

ATHIEST MOM: We'll be right there!

The athiest couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a Christian is nailed to a large, wooden X. He is being burned alive. A crowd of athiests stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.

RANDOM ATHIEST: Damn you, Christian! We hate you! We claim to be tolerant of all religions. But we really hate your's! That's because we athiests are hypocritical like that! Die, Christian!

THE END

Scary, isn't it?

So that's it, pretty much verbatim as I found it... I think it's someone legit opinion.

Are there really a lot of people who really think that this would happen if Atheists were the majority, or ran the government?

TeddyKGB

A dude playin' a dude disgused as another dude
Jul 18, 2005
Deep underground
✟8,993.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, it wouldn't happen like that. Nobody's that stupid on either side of the fence. They execute people for suspicion of intent to cause civil unrest and the like...
Who does what now?

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
uhm...Could you PM me with a link for that site. I think I would like to meet the person who wrote that. It doesn't sound like ANY atheist I know, and it doesn't sound like any Christian either. It sounds like someone trying to stir up things and get emotional reactions. I would just like to actually meet that person.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who does what now?
It was just a reference to Jesus' execution. No state ever kills without a far more plausible pretext. There's no saying atheists would want to kill people, is that the thought of this thread?! Weird. Anyways if any state wanted to kill it wouldn't be as silly as was illustrated. The Holocaust had quite the elaborate pseudo-scientific and social ramble preceding it. Not correct of course, but all the same.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think I would like to read it myself...it seems a bit convenient. Was the author Christian or atheist? I have a feeling that the "person" is a Christian.

I was born on a farm, but not in the barn.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the dude might have been being purposely dramatic.
Yes but there's no way to politely say it's too dramatic to go anywhere nice with, whoever wrote it was perhaps just being antagonistic. And I'd lay money an atheist wrote it for the record.

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
uhm...Could you PM me with a link for that site. I think I would like to meet the person who wrote that. It doesn't sound like ANY atheist I know, and it doesn't sound like any Christian either. It sounds like someone trying to stir up things and get emotional reactions. I would just like to actually meet that person.

Lisa

Sorry, it was a link that was I stumbled across, and I didn't bookmark it, and can't seem to locate it again. It was on the religiony sub-forum of some games forum, so Google might reveal it again.

The author purported to be a Christian I think, and from a few of the responses I got the impression the poster might have been known for that sort of stirring.

Obviously the post contains some pretty nutty ideas, but I have certainly seen people on this site who have expressed ideas that are at least somewhat consistent with that post.

I've seen it suggested that atheists are inherently immoral, and actively hate Christians. Which seem to be the fundamental ideas behind this.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lets give the OP a chance to clear this up. If this is for real, I am sure the OP will not mind a PM so we can investigate this poorly written and overly dramatic attempt to incite negative reactions.

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, it was a link that was I stumbled across, and I didn't bookmark it, and can't seem to locate it again. It was on the religiony sub-forum of some games forum, so Google might reveal it again.

The author purported to be a Christian I think, and from a few of the responses I got the impression the poster might have been known for that sort of stirring.

Obviously the post contains some pretty nutty ideas, but I have certainly seen people on this site who have expressed ideas that are at least somewhat consistent with that post.

I've seen it suggested that atheists are inherently immoral, and actively hate Christians. Which seem to be the fundamental ideas behind this.
Thanks for that. I was beginning to think this was a hit and run post. I totally believe you now.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Sycophant

Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lets give the OP a chance to clear this up. If this is for real, I am sure the OP will not mind a PM so we can investigate this poorly written and overly dramatic attempt to incite negative reactions.

Lisa

I think for sure it was designed to incite negative reactions on the part of the original poster on the other forum.

I posted it because I found it an interesting extension of ideas I've seen expressed here (as noted in my previous post) and wanted to see what people here thought.

EDIT: In light of your other response - this post may be unnecessary.

EDIT MORE: I don't believe this is the majority opinion of Christians (here or overall), but I do think there are some people who genuinely do fear that this might be in store for them, and holding those sorts of ideas about atheists.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In Tibet, atheists used dynamite to blast over 5,000 monasteries off Himilayan hillsides. In Moscow, the Church of Christ the Savior was dynamited by atheists. Fairly straighforward destruction. The perverted stuff and mass murders which are well documented happened in the Ukraine between 1918 and 1933. Rape as political policy, women crucified to barn doors, men ridden like horses to their church, told to pray to their God and then hanged. Between 1935 and 1938, atheists in the USSR turned on each other. One major atheist after the next got a bullet to the back of the head by his fellow atheists during the Show Trial era. Who knows exactly what they did in China and Cambodia. Mostly we know the death toll: over ten times the number killed in the Holocaust. I don't know if there has ever been an atheist regime which did not engage in mass atrocities. Certainly none in the 20th century refrained. From Bela Kun to Hoxha to Mao, the story was always the same.

Upvote 0

RealDeal

Jan 12, 2007
✟248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
In Tibet, atheists used dynamite to blast over 5,000 monasteries off Himilayan hillsides. In Moscow, the Church of Christ the Savior was dynamited by atheists. Fairly straighforward destruction. The perverted stuff and mass murders which are well documented happened in the Ukraine between 1918 and 1933. Rape as political policy, women crucified to barn doors, men ridden like horses to their church, told to pray to their God and then hanged. Between 1935 and 1938, atheists in the USSR turned on each other. One major atheist after the next got a bullet to the back of the head by his fellow atheists during the Show Trial era. Who knows exactly what they did in China and Cambodia. Mostly we know the death toll: over ten times the number killed in the Holocaust. I don't know if there has ever been an atheist regime which did not engage in mass atrocities. Certainly none in the 20th century refrained. From Bela Kun to Hoxha to Mao, the story was always the same.
I don't like what you're implying.

People, there are always going to be evil people in the world, be they Christian, Muslim, Hindu or yes, even atheists. They will have their regimes. Some may be motivated by religion, some may not and the religion would be a coincidence. To blame any belief or non-belief on such terrible events is an ignorant and dangerous view.

It has been shown how no one gets their morals from scripture, whether they believe it or not, atheists are no different. We can be just as good, or just as bad as anyone else. The only difference is that we don't believe in your god.

Upvote 0

Sycophant

Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

None of those things have a causational link with atheism.

People with black hair have done many horrible things. As have people with glasses, but neither of those attributes had anything to do with those things.

The fact that the people or groups you mention may have been atheist says nothing about atheism. Those things were motivated by various political and cultural fervor.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think for sure it was designed to incite negative reactions on the part of the original poster on the other forum.

I posted it because I found it an interesting extension of ideas I've seen expressed here (as noted in my previous post) and wanted to see what people here thought.

EDIT: In light of your other response - this post may be unnecessary.

EDIT MORE: I don't believe this is the majority opinion of Christians (here or overall), but I do think there are some people who genuinely do fear that this might be in store for them, and holding those sorts of ideas about atheists.

Don't you love cross-posting! I gave you some time to catch up.

No offense to atheists present, but the basic fear of atheists likely stems from the falsely presumed association with communism and immorality. I have seen Christians post HERE that the only reason an atheist wouldn't believe was because he wanted to remain in sin.

Put that together with the persecution of the past, and the Scriptural persecution of the future...well, 2+2 apparantly equals 5.

Now, honestly, I believe Scripture is correct and Christians will be persecuted again sometime in the not too distant future. Will atheists be more likely to persecute us than those of other faiths?

I secretly think that it will be those of other faiths. An atheist is generally intellectualy honest and has likely studied Scripture more than other faiths. If Christians suddenly disappear, I think atheists will grab their Bibles, (and I bet every one of you has one!) and begin reading. You will suddenly realize that the proof you have sought your whole life is happening right before your eyes. You will fall to your knees, and it will be FORMER atheists who are persecuted and will lay down their lives for Christ. It is you who will wear the crowns of martyrdom. Wouldn't that be a hoot! I sure hope it happens like that because I won't have ANYONE to argue with in Heaven if it doesn't!

Disclaimer: Do not count on this. None of us can agree whether the rapture will occur pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib. Plus, if you are living during the tribulation, it is far more likely that you will die during the cataclysmic events than survive to reason all of this out. You are far better to believe by faith now than to come to faith by trial by fire.

Lisa

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

ElvisFan42

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟11,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

:(

Upvote 0

Donkeytron

Veteran
Oct 24, 2005
✟9,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How many of them specifically targeted non atheists? And more to the point, how many nonviolent christian theocracies can you point to?

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That site is the reason I signed up here, one of the quotes was from this site. I came to see if people could actually be that idiotic. Turns out they can.

:eek: Without mentioning ANY names, there is a quote from someone interesting there. I have been in far more fights with this person than with ALL the atheists combined here. 50 blessings to the first person who PM's me with the correct answer.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't like what you're implying.

People, there are always going to be evil people in the world, be they Christian, Muslim, Hindu or yes, even atheists. They will have their regimes.

I imagine you don't like it. But that is the history of the 20th century. Atheist regimes dominated a large part of the world and we know what they did. Atheists all the time throw up the Crusades, the Inquistion or other events of centuries ago (always in a very distorted way--never explaining the reasons) but we are not suppose to mention what atheists did in the Soviet Union and China when many of us have relatives who were imprisoned or murdered by those regimes? We're not supposed to mention that history when many of the killers are still alive?

The largest atheist organization in history was the League of Militant Atheists headed by Joe Stalin's flunky E. Yaroslavsky. Read what his 2 million plus atheists did to believers. Its not pretty. He set the stage for the Holodomor (which was carried out by another atheist).

No, I'm not saying being a non-believer means one must be as Yaroslavsky or Mao. That would be absurd. But it is legitimate to point out what the recent history of atheistic regimes has been. It is legitmate to note that westerners who supported brutal regimes in Russia and China included many atheists. ACLU director Corliss Lamont, a humanist, supported Stalin during the Show Trials and after Stalin was exposed as a homicidal maniac. There must have been some but I can't think of one notable atheist who stood up and denounced in no uncertain terms what atheists were doing in the USSR. People such as George Bernard Shaw went to the USSR when the repression and mass murders were occurring and praised that regime. The publisher of the New Republic, Michael Whitney Straight, was an agent of Stalin and betrayed his own country to advance the cause of atheism and communism.

Legitmate to note these regimes did not correct themselves but were brought down by Christians (Poland being Exhibit A).

Your excuse that "everybody does it" is invalid. Christians never did what atheists did in the USSR. No one had ever done in history what they did. Christians do not preach murder as a part of their dogma. Atheists in the USSR did. In 1918, Zinoviev flat out stated that 10% of the Russian people would have to be "liquidated". Walter Duranty (who was an associate of Crowley and celebrated Black Masses with him before drifting off into a vague nihilism) excused the murder of 7 million in the Ukraine with the infamous comment: "You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs"

There is no Christian figure who compares; No Christian failure which compares.

Reactions: Bleeah
Upvote 0