At Least 13 Dead After Mass Shooting in California Bar

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
  • Prayers
Reactions: mukk_in

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟997,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How can something this terrible happen to the same people twice? :(

That's two shootings at a two country music events. They must be fans of that kind of music. It also makes one wonder if that particular style of music is being targeted.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟434,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's two shootings at a two country music events. They must be fans of that kind of music. It also makes one wonder if that particular style of music is being targeted.
90-ish people were killed watching Eagles Of Death Metal. Country has almost caught up.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,209,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My god, it even says the crowd (I assume they refer to the crowd inside the bar where this shooting took place) included survivors of a mass shooting last year. How can something this terrible happen to the same people twice? :(

You really bring up a good point about that being an eye opening statistic. (going through that twice is insane!)

I'd have to think that at some point, people will wake up to the reality that these things just don't happen as frequently in other places and that some of these things can be prevented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand how this keeps happening and our only response to it is to clean up the mess and wait for the next one to happen.

That's the real tragedy here. We all know this shooting and the recent synagogue shooting will soon be replaced by some other mass murder event in just a few weeks time. This has become an inescapable problem in our society.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟911,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand how this keeps happening and our only response to it is to clean up the mess and wait for the next one to happen.

That's the real tragedy here. We all know this shooting and the recent synagogue shooting will soon be replaced by some other mass murder event in just a few weeks time. This has become an inescapable problem in our society.
I’m afraid nothing will change until it starts negatively affecting people’s pockets. Seems money is the only true motivator in this country and currently there is much money to be raked in with the more guns will stop the violence rhetoric.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't worry. The media won;t stay on this one very long. It doesn't fit their narrative.

White ex-soldier (which means probably to the right of politics) shoots up some people..how does that not fit the narrative, exactly? What do you think the narrative is?

Upvote 0