peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is something I've been into for a long time. I recently found out that 2 hours north of me hosts the best place to see stars east of the Mississippi. Eventually I will be planning a trip there, but I need to get a new telescope first. I've been looking at a couple Meade equatorials. Especially looking at the new Max Mount they have out. That thing is awesome. :>

CJ

Upvote 0

The_Evelyonian

Wait, what?
Aug 25, 2004
Houston, TX
✟9,305.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
tamlis said:
Have you ever used binoculars and do you know of good quality ones that don't cost an arm or leg?

I've used binoculars for stargazing before. Some I've seen can even compete with a telescope but those are usually quite expensive. The pair I use is made by Tasco and the field view is "1000yds : 341 ft". They work pretty well and I've seen similar strentgh binoculars at sporting goods stores sell for between $20-$50.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

handmaiden97

Veteran
Jun 7, 2005
Wyoming
Visit site
✟9,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
for you stargazers...I have a book or two to recomend (the heavens declare) and gospel in the stars. They talk about the constelations and how ancietn cultures used to see them ...I read the book a few years ago...it was really intresting...my favorite was what we see as herculese they used to see as two men head to head, one is fighting a serpent the other has overcome the serpent and is stepping on his head that serpent head is the dragon as we see it today. I thought that was pretty cool

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The_Evelyonian

Wait, what?
Aug 25, 2004
Houston, TX
✟9,305.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
handmaiden97 said:
for you stargazers...I have a book or two to recomend (the heavens declare) and gospel in the stars. They talk about the constelations and how ancietn cultures used to see them ...I read the book a few years ago...it was really intresting...my favorite was what we see as herculese they used to see as two men head to head, one is fighting a serpent the other has overcome the serpent and is stepping on his head that serpent head is the dragon as we see it today. I thought that was pretty cool

I love the ancient legends surrounding the stars. The one about Sirius and Procyon being separated always made me kinda sad. I'll have to check out those books!

Upvote 0