• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Assurance

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by AngelAmidala, May 23, 2001.

1. AngelAmidala

AngelAmidala Legend

+617
    Methodist
    Single
    Hey all!

I was informed last Sunday (5/20) that on June 10th, I'm going to be preaching at my church. Right now I am working on the order of worship for that day. We have a prayer of confession, then a time of silent confession, and then what we call the Words of Assurance. Normally it's a couple of Bible verses.

What I would like to know from all of you is what Bible verses do you like that kind of give you assurance that you are forgiven, or God will always be with you?

Thanks! :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Rainbow Promises

Rainbow Promises Guest

+0
    Definitely Romans 8:38-39, which says that NOTHING can EVER separate us from the love of Christ.

There is a verse in Isaiah 50-something that says he will NEVER leave nor forsake us.

Also, I like the thought that God keeps His promises...check out Genesis 9 and the story of the rainbow...the inspiration for my username.

3. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    How about you just look at God's one big name..I AM ...That tells me lots of stuff..he will never go away..because I am..that is a current thing to..not I was or I will be. He is there..period...:)

4. LilyLamb

LilyLamb Guest

+0
    You are forgiven ....

Psalm 32:1,2,5 "I acknowledged my sin unto thee ... and thou forgavest ...."

Proverbs 28:13 "whoso confesseth and forsaketh them (sins) shall have mercy"

Ephesians 1:7 "In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace"

Ephesians 4:32 "... even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you"

Col. 2:13 "... having forgiven you all trespasses"

James 5:15 " ... if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him"

I John 2:12 "your sins are forgiven for His name's sake"

God will always be with you ...

Matthew 28:20 "Lo, I am with you always"

Joshua 1:5,9 "be strong and of a good courage ... for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest"

2 Corinthians 4:9 "persecuted but not forsaken"

Hebrews 13:5 (Deut 31:6,8 ) "I will never leave thee"

5. sk8Joyful

sk8Joyful Well-Known Member

+2,543
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, I know this thread is over 5 YEARS :) old,
    yet its message is *re-assuring Forever...* right :clap:

Annie :wave:

6. onesheep

onesheep Sheep that looks like Bob

+14
    Catholic
    Yes it is, LilyLamb is still wonderful at showing God's Love in Scripture.