Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think the day I find a creationist will to acknowledge and actually discuss applied evolutionary biology, I'd consider that a Christmas miracle. ;)
The day I find one who will follow the scientific definitions they themselves wrote will indeed be a miracle. But we already know what arguments are that try to rewrite the dictionary.....

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Oh the irony.....

The best part of this is that you can't add 19% to 38% for a total of 57% who believe in evolution.

But you think 38% is greater than 57%. "It's no wonder you can't get anything right"

I've noticed that some people interpret "creationism" to mean anything and everything that includes any theistic belief. It's not a particularly useful definition mind you, since we might as well just say theism instead.

Regardless, the poll does show that traditional creationist beliefs (whereby humans were specially created absent of evolution from earlier species) is on the decline. I'm sure some will choose to engage in mental gymnastics to try to spin it otherwise, but what can ya do?

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Are you really sure? Let's have close look...

Agreed

Agreed

Wrong. This 38% believe God created life and humans evolved with God's help.

So, 57% believe humans evolved, 38% believe they were created.

Game, set and match. Thank you for playing.
No, because evolution does not speak of origin, and the question involved origin. So those that believed God helped, also believe God created that first life.

So if you like we can make it 76% that God was involved, to 57% that simply believe we evolved, God or no God. But only 19% believed life happened by random chance.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No, because evolution does not speak of origin, and the question involved origin. So those that believed God helped, also believe God created that first life.
You just can't admit you got it wrong, can you?
So if you like we can make it 76% that God was involved, to 57% that simply believe we evolved, God or no God. But only 19% believed life happened by random chance.

upload_2017-12-8_11-40-26.jpeg

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Notice that none of the resident atheists had anything substantive to contribute to the Clade discussion? I gave them so much from scientists to work with (confirmations of all I said) but they have no response other than deflection and insults (no surprise really).

Don't they know that the latest Gallup poll showed 8 out of 10 random people across the US (different ages, gender, ethnicities, and educational levels) believe in some sense of God? 1 of 10 are honest agnostics, and only 1 in 10 are atheist. What a sad minority they are.

Don't fall for their default to make this about God JTS (we are in good company) ...they have to avoid the facts and opinions presented (just like they did in the other thread where you brought up so many undeniable issues and sound questions)....ignore this default tactic, and make them be accountable (insist they answer) they just want to put you on the defensive because they cannot deny the truth within and it makes them angry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Notice that none of the resident atheists had anything substantive to contribute to the Clade discussion? I gave them so much from scientists to work with (confirmations of all I said) but they have no response other than deflection and insults (no surprise really).
Notice how your buddy has gone very quiet and you're not rushing to defend him? Perhaps you could teach him how to admit he was wrong.

Also notice that your post is a deflection filled with veiled insults.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Don't they know that the latest Gallup poll showed 8 out of 10 random people across the US (different ages, gender, ethnicities, and educational levels) believe in some sense of God? 1 of 10 are honest agnostics, and only 1 in 10 are atheist. What a sad minority they are.

Don't fall for their default to make this about God JTS (we are in good company) ...they have to avoid the facts and opinions presented (just like they did in the other thread where you brought up so many undeniable issues and sound questions)....ignore this default tactic, and make them be accountable (insist they answer) they just want to put you on the defensive because they cannot deny the truth within and it makes them angry.
Adding this pep talk to this post for JTS after I pointed out that is was missing smacks of dishonesty. But the timestamp doesn't lie, so we can all see what you've done there.

It's also sad that you have to resort to more veiled insults ("sad minority"), misrepresentation (nobody is making this about God) and distortion (JTS is not on the defensive, he was beaten) rather than displaying some honesty and humility.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Oh my gosh yes - the resident creationist expert on all things gave us SO MUCH science to work with from Wiki and the like - almost as if it was all archived somewhere.

So much science that had ZERO to do with the OP - wherein I asked for INTERPRETATIONS of a specific cladogram, and you replied - off-topic - with you new-usual Randy Wysong song and dance about 'intelligently designed' programs and the like.

I mean, the TITLE of the thread was so straightforward:

"Asking for interpretations of this cladogram "

THIS cladogram!

Not "Give us your nitpicky treatise on why you reject anything that does not prop up your bible-based fantasies".

How about YOU respond ON TOPIC and just tell us how to interpret THIS cladogram - which you did not do in the first place:

primate_phylog_1_.gif

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've noticed that some people interpret "creationism" to mean anything and everything that includes any theistic belief. It's not a particularly useful definition mind you, since we might as well just say theism instead.

Regardless, the poll does show that traditional creationist beliefs (whereby humans were specially created absent of evolution from earlier species) is on the decline. I'm sure some will choose to engage in mental gymnastics to try to spin it otherwise, but what can ya do?
It also shows belief in ID is on the rise. It also shows evolution has stagnated the last 3 years in a row and remained the same, not increasing at all.

It also shows weather evolutionists want to admit it or not, belief in creation is a majority view. That belief in no God and random life from non-life is a minority view. Despite the monority having complete access to teaching in the schools discriminating against others. So despite free reign with the minds of children, it remains a minority.

It shows indirectly that once the majority grow up, they are able to break partially the chains of indoctrination.

And it also shows that although they are unable to break fully those chains of indoctrination of evolution, the at least realize God is needed to explain life, which belief is on the rise.

So I’m reality the belief in creation is not on the demise, as even partially indoctrinated they recognize it can’t be explained without creation.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Veiled insults are better than honest insults in creationist land.

Veiled insults usually followed by whiny fake martydom in place of presenting evidence supportive of their position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh my gosh yes - the resident creationist expert on all things gave us SO MUCH science to work with from Wiki and the like - almost as if it was all archived somewhere.

So much science that had ZERO to do with the OP - wherein I asked for INTERPRETATIONS of a specific cladogram, and you replied - off-topic - with you new-usual Randy Wysong song and dance about 'intelligently designed' programs and the like.

THIS cladogram!

Not "Give us your nitpicky treatise on why you reject anything that does not prop up your bible-based fantasies".

How about YOU respond ON TOPIC and just tell us how to interpret THIS cladogram - which you did not do in the first place:

primate_phylog_1_.gif
He gave you an interpretation already. As did others. I’ll repeat the interpretation.

It is a interpretation of imaginary relationships based on imaginary lines linking existing forms together with non-existent common ancestors.

The point where every line connects to the next line requires one to insert non-existent creatures that are at every point of connection missing. Whether the representation is broad and sweeping as this one, or zoomed in to more detail.

Each point where one distinct form ends and another begins is in all cases connected with non-existent forms.

Now they claim lack of fossils to explain these missing forms at every juncture, but of course we have the distinct forms before and after this claimed relational joining, just never for the one that splits. Not just now and then, but for every single place they need to join two forms together to show relationship.

It’s a cladogram built on pure imagination that reflects the real world not at all.

This is the correct interpretation of this cladogram, and all others that attempt to join forms with non-existent ancestors connected with the lines of imagination.

Take a zoomed in one for humans as an example.
D4CA5FAC-3381-403A-8B7E-1F61E4454FE1.png

We see the first mistake occurs in as pointed out to them variation within species taken as separate species. Neanderthal and modern humans are shown as splitting from a non-existent common ancestor. This is as because we all know, modern humans and neanderthal are merely subspecies capable of interbreeding where their ranges overlapped.

Notice that at each split of forms, no form can be found that split. It is all imagination based on desire to substantiate their beliefs regardless of the facts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
At creation,

You assume that creation happened.

You assume that the bible is an accurate representation of this event that you assume occurred.

Because it is in the bible.

When you provide evidence that 1. creation happened as indicated in the bible and 2. the bible is a reliable source and 3, there is corroborative evidence that the bible is correct and that creation occurred, you position will have merit.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He gave you an interpretation already. As did others. I’ll repeat the interpretation.

It is a interpretation of imaginary relationships based on imaginary lines linking existing forms together with non-existent common ancestors.

That is not an interpretation.

That is a simple-minded dodge in order to not have to deal with a reality-based science that contradicts your phony, naive 'folk genetics.'

What, with your senile genetic loci and your allies...

The point where every line connects to the next line requires one to insert non-existent creatures that are at every point of connection missing. Whether the representation is broad and sweeping as this one, or zoomed in to more detail.

So you don't know what a cladogram shows, either, but want to pretend that you do.

Each point where one distinct form ends and another begins is in all cases connected with non-existent forms.

Odd - because pshun claimed before that each existent creature was derived from one other existing creature.

Looks like you boys better get your stories straight.
Now they claim lack of fossils to explain these missing forms at every juncture, but of course we have the distinct forms before and after this claimed relational joining, just never for the one that splits. Not just now and then, but for every single place they need to join two forms together to show relationship.

Dunning-Kruger effect.

Fossils are irrelevant to molecular analyses.

It’s a cladogram built on pure imagination that reflects the real world not at all.
Isn't it odd - the lengths a Christian will go to try to prop up their beliefs, even when they have been shown, more than once, how these things are actually done...

Science, Vol 255, Issue 5044, 589-592

Experimental phylogenetics: generation of a known phylogeny

DM Hillis, JJ Bull, ME White, MR Badgett, and IJ Molineux
Department of Zoology, University of Texas, Austin 78712.

Although methods of phylogenetic estimation are used routinely in comparative biology, direct tests of these methods are hampered by the lack of known phylogenies. Here a system based on serial propagation of bacteriophage T7 in the presence of a mutagen was used to create the first completely known phylogeny. Restriction-site maps of the terminal lineages were used to infer the evolutionary history of the experimental lines for comparison to the known history and actual ancestors. The five methods used to reconstruct branching pattern all predicted the correct topology but varied in their predictions of branch lengths; one method also predicts ancestral restriction maps and was found to be greater than 98 percent accurate.

==================================

Science, Vol 264, Issue 5159, 671-677

Application and accuracy of molecular phylogenies

DM Hillis, JP Huelsenbeck, and CW Cunningham

Molecular investigations of evolutionary history are being used to study subjects as diverse as the epidemiology of acquired immune deficiency syndrome and the origin of life. These studies depend on accurate estimates of phylogeny. The performance of methods of phylogenetic analysis can be assessed by numerical simulation studies and by the experimental evolution of organisms in controlled laboratory situations. Both kinds of assessment indicate that existing methods are effective at estimating phylogenies over a wide range of evolutionary conditions, especially if information about substitution bias is used to provide differential weightings for character transformations.

Here is a high school science lab exercise explaining how cladograms can be made using morphological characters:

http://www.bu.edu/gk12/eric/cladogram.pdf

I suggest you take a look.

Molecular data supply vastly more characters, since each nucleotide locus can be a datum point.

It is the assessment of these patterns that produces the cladogram - not imagination or any of the other acts of dishonesty you and your ilk need to spread to counter science that you cannot understand and do not like.

This is the correct interpretation of this cladogram, and all others that attempt to join forms with non-existent ancestors connected with the lines of imagination.

That is the ranting of someone generally ignorant of the entire field of biology, but desperate to prop up their crumbling religion, nothing more.

Take a zoomed in one for humans as an example.
View attachment 215716
We see the first mistake occurs in as pointed out to them variation within species taken as separate species. Neanderthal and modern humans are shown as splitting from a non-existent common ancestor. This is as because we all know, modern humans and neanderthal are merely subspecies capable of interbreeding where their ranges overlapped.

So tell us all, oh systematics expert, how, exactly, 2 subspecies should be depicted on a cladogram.

Here is another cladogram:

Apecladogram.GIF

Golly gee - lookie there! The two major groups of chimps shown on separate branches!

And this one:

dog_clade2.jpg

Golly! This must mean that all dogs are separate species! According to YOU and your amazing knowledge of phylogenetics and systematics!

And here is one from Answers in Genesis!:

fig1.gif

Justatruthseeker best contact those frauds at AiG immediately to let them know the TRUTH about cladograms! And have pshun join you - they will all be duly impressed with his wiki quotes and 30 whole years of amassed science knowledge, and will doubtless IMMEDIATELY retract their phony 'baraminology' papers!

Notice that at each split of forms, no form can be found that split. It is all imagination based on desire to substantiate their beliefs regardless of the facts.

Please show us, oh master science expert, the cladogram showing your relationship to Adam.

I'm sure it will not be based on any assumptions and will have a known and identified 'form' at each and every node.

Thanks for trying, but your "interpretation" is akin to those obese, dumpy couch potatoes screaming 'You suck!' at a professional athlete.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Please note that right off the bat, pshun refused to actually interpret the cladogram as requested in the OP...
It is a man-made chart meant to represent all the creatures (in a group) that allegedly share a common ancestor, and attempts to display (in very creative fashion) how these groups or where these groups are related (only most of it is made up to support the presupposition of the undemonstrated ancestor). The outside intelligent force (the designer) draws lines alleging the hows and wheres (as is represented in this one).

The errors pile up already.

First - can the 'man-made' and 'intelligently designed' schtick.

It is silly, it is desperate, it is inflammatory - especially since you seem totally OK with accepting a man-made series of ancient stories with little to no corroboration intelligently designed to keep the masses in their place and accept their lot in life.

Beyond that -

"It is a man-made chart"

Actually, it is computer generated in most cases.

" meant to represent all the creatures (in a group) that allegedly share a common ancestor"

al·leged
əˈlejd/Submit
adjective
(of an incident or a person) said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.

A cladogram represents the outcome of an analytical process. That outcome supports, or does not, hypotheses of descent/relation. Thus, by definition, it does not represent anything "alleged."

A cladogram from a creation science paper from AiG:

fig1.gif

all just assumptions, right? The Christian creationist baraminologists are all just showing 'a man-made chart meant to represent all the creatures (in a group) that allegedly share a common ancestor, and attempts to display (in very creative fashion) how these groups or where these groups are related (only most of it is made up to support the presupposition of the undemonstrated ancestor). The outside intelligent force (the designer) draws lines alleging the hows and wheres (as is represented in this one)', and can thus be ignored, right?

"and attempts to display (in very creative fashion)"

Displays in a rather straightforward fashion. The shape of the cladogram is irrelevant.

" how these groups or where these groups are related (only most of it is made up to support the presupposition of the undemonstrated ancestor)."

More evidence that you simply do not know how cladograms are made.

Do you use a calculator? A computer program? Are you aware that a calculator or computer program 'spits out' what is put into it? Just like phylogeny and tree-drawing algorithms. You input the data, you run an analysis, and the program gives you a tree. If there is insufficient data to provide any resolution, you get something like this:

tmp6425_thumb_thumb.jpg

Note the part that looks like a comb? Insufficient data. But no 'artist' plays a role.

"The outside intelligent force (the designer) draws lines alleging the hows and wheres (as is represented in this one)."

False - the lines are produced by the program.

You do not understand how cladograms are made OR how to interpret them, yet have no problem criticizing them.

One paragraph of yours, and every line had an error in it.

This is going to take a while.

And just to get it out of the way, the legitimate interpretation is the following:

Each node represents a 'split' between lineages. For example, the lineage leading to extant and extinct tree shrews split from the lineage leading to lemurs and other primates first; the lineage leading to lemurs then split from the group leading to extant (and extinct) Tarsiers and other primates, etc. When we get up to the human question, no, it does NOT indicate that humans, chimps and gorillas evolved from orangutans and so on - that is a naive, uninformed interpretation. What is DOES indicate is that orangs split from the group leading to gorillas, chimps and humans, then the gorillas split, etc.

It differs from any of the many Evolutionary trees because each cladogram represents one branch on such man-made intelligently designed trees.

What is that supposed to even mean?

Cladograms represent the branching arrangements of the taxa for which data were input into the program.

Not all analyses use the exact same taxa.

I have explained on this forum before how such thinking made a fool out of Walt Brown - who had one time boasted that his teenage son had shown how silly phylogenetics was by pointing out that one paper had human more closely related to rattlesnakes than to chimps, therefore, creationists can dismiss phylogenetics.
Problem was that the paper in question did not use chimp data at all - in fact, the reason human grouped with rattlesnake was because they were the most closely related vertebrates in that particular study.

So it helps to understand how this stuff works BEFORE pontificating about it.

It is based mainly on conjecture and the provisional interpretation of genetic data arranging such creatures as assumed to line up with halotypes [sic] and so on shared in common and implies these MEAN lineal relations.

And another act of inexplicable dishonesty. Or something. I don't understand how someone could write something so clearly false and think that nobody will remember what has been going on for the last several months (and I will not even mention how pshun was DEMOLISHED on that other forum for making similar claims a couple of years ago).

Conjecture? 'Means lineal'? And yes I know that you were one of several that dismissed this by claiming the mice were still mice - not sure if that was a simple act of diversion, or if you just wanted to make an intellectual martyr of yourself for your cause, but I would expect even a lab tech with 3 decades of experience to understand the implications of these studies, religious fanatic or not:

Here is a hint - similarities are certainly informative, but it is the patterns or shared, unique characters that are indicative of descent. And this has, in fact, based on tested methods:

Science 25 October 1991:
Vol. 254. no. 5031, pp. 554 - 558

Gene trees and the origins of inbred strains of mice

WR Atchley and WM Fitch

Extensive data on genetic divergence among 24 inbred strains of mice provide an opportunity to examine the concordance of gene trees and species trees, especially whether structured subsamples of loci give congruent estimates of phylogenetic relationships. Phylogenetic analyses of 144 separate loci reproduce almost exactly the known genealogical relationships among these 24 strains. Partitioning these loci into structured subsets representing loci coding for proteins, the immune system and endogenous viruses give incongruent phylogenetic results. The gene tree based on protein loci provides an accurate picture of the genealogical relationships among strains; however, gene trees based upon immune and viral data show significant deviations from known genealogical affinities.

======================

Although methods of phylogenetic estimation are used routinely in comparative biology, direct tests of these methods are hampered by the lack of known phylogenies. Here a system based on serial propagation of bacteriophage T7 in the presence of a mutagen was used to create the first completely known phylogeny. Restriction-site maps of the terminal lineages were used to infer the evolutionary history of the experimental lines for comparison to the known history and actual ancestors. The five methods used to reconstruct branching pattern all predicted the correct topology but varied in their predictions of branch lengths; one method also predicts ancestral restriction maps and was found to be greater than 98 percent accurate.

Molecular investigations of evolutionary history are being used to study subjects as diverse as the epidemiology of acquired immune deficiency syndrome and the origin of life. These studies depend on accurate estimates of phylogeny. The performance of methods of phylogenetic analysis can be assessed by numerical simulation studies and by the experimental evolution of organisms in controlled laboratory situations. Both kinds of assessment indicate that existing methods are effective at estimating phylogenies over a wide range of evolutionary conditions, especially if information about substitution bias is used to provide differential weightings for character transformations.

In cladograms the common ancestor therefore does not have to be an individual subspecies but any changing members (plural) of a population.

Wow.

Again - what does that even mean?

A 'changing' member of a population... I truly have no idea what you mean. Bafflegab to impress the rubes maybe?

In reverse many shapes of the many alleged Evolutionary trees can be INFERRED from a single cladogram.

Oh, so you are back on the 'shape' of the cladogram meaning something. That it doesn't.

OK... Look... A common analysis package that I have used is called PAUP (phylogenetic analysis using parsiomony). There are several options as to how that program will present analytical outputs. You can choose rooted or unrooted trees. You can choose phylogram or cladogram (phylogram tree branches are proportional in length to the genetic distance branch length). You can choose circle tree. You can choose square tree (and choose whether to order it on left or right). And so on.

The point is - and this is something you clearly do not grasp - that the appearance of the tree is IRRELEVANT. It can be a circle. It can be wedge-shaped. It can be squarish. IT DOESN'T MATTER. You are making a big deal out of the way the tree looks because, I suspect, you have nothing of merit to say about the actual content.

Lufengpithecus chiangmuanensis from Thailand reckoned to be an ancestor of Orangutans allegedly existed about 10 – 13.6 mya. This was final confirmation of the long held belief that Apes (that became Gorillas and Orangutans) originated and came out of Asia. The split had previously been believed to have happened about 8 mya (the chimp human split occurring about 6 mya as this clade depicts). Only now we have found indications of Gorillas (Chororapithecus abyssinicus) in Africa from 10 – 12 mya (What?) and the whole house of cards comes falling down and now we even have to correct the textbooks (What? Not really uncommon) but sadly many generations are already brainwashed. Will they admit they were wr-wr-wrong? NO! But surely this clade is....
Citation?

Funny - when I use your favorite resource - wikipedia - we see that "The species lived about 10 million years ago and may have been the ancestor of modern orangutans."

When will you admit that you are wr-wr-wrong about any of the myriad things that have been proven on this forum alone?

Do you notice RANGES of dates? Why do you suppose ranges of dates are used?

And isn't it interesting - if new dates and new fossils and new evidence requires a re-examination of a long-held position, science will ADOPT the new evidence! What happens in your CULT, pshun2404?

Ken Ham already spoke for you and your kind - evidence DOESN'T MATTER to you! You have your tribal tales from a few thousand years ago and you will stick with them no matter what. And you - a science 'expert' with 3 decades of experience - find that more honorable?

And regarding brainwashing - you sure know all about that, don't you?

You ascribe to a belief in which practitioners threaten adherents with eternal suffering for not ascribing to the beliefs (or certain idiosyncratic interpretations of the source material), yet you want to call science brainwashing?

Give it a rest - your sad desperation is unbecoming.

But now a new artist will have to make a new one...who will this imprinting technique convince? Hmmm?

Artists do not make cladograms, propagandist.

Keep it up with your brainwashing techniques - they work on the weak-minded, as planned, but to those that actually understand the things you distort and divert from - it is just pathetic.

I will demolish your other dishonest rants later.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You assume that creation happened.
You assume it didn’t.

You assume that the bible is an accurate representation of this event that you assume occurred.
You assume it isn’t based on your assumption this event didn’t occurr.

Because it is in the bible.
No, because all forms are found fully formed and complete. With no linking forms between the distinct forms. Or have you forgotten all your common ancestors are non-existent?

When you provide evidence that 1. creation happened as indicated in the bible and 2. the bible is a reliable source and 3, there is corroborative evidence that the bible is correct and that creation occurred, you position will have merit.
When you provide evidence that 1. Life began from non life randomly and 2. That biologists that ignore their own definitions and are shown to be wrong every few years are a reliable source and that these missing common ancestors that join forms actually exist except in the imagination, and 3, that there is corroborative evidence that they are correct and that life started from non life, your position will have merit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

That is a simple-minded dodge in order to not have to deal with a reality-based science that contradicts your phony, naive 'folk genetics.'

don’t you mean single letters, which I already proved was a false claim on your part since single-nucleotide polymorphism is exactly a single letter replaced by another single letter. Or must we go through the explanation all over agin which proved your claims merit less, as always?

So you don't know what a cladogram shows, either, but want to pretend that you do.
It shows you have a vivid imagination....

Odd - because pshun claimed before that each existent creature was derived from one other existing creature.

Odd you find it necessary to misrepresent what he said. He said the cladogram ASSUMED that each existent creature was derived from one other existing creature. Exactly what I stated, you assume a common ancestor to bridge, as he put it, the gaps....... but I understand you find it necessary to misquote people in order to enhance your side of the story....

Dunning-Kruger effect.
We agree you suffer from multiple disorders including cognitive dissonance.

Except you have no DNA from those fossils to analyze....

Isn't it odd - the lengths a Christian will go to try to prop up their beliefs, even when they have been shown, more than once, how these things are actually done...
Yes isn’t it odd the lengths evolutionists go to to prop up their beliefs in missing common ancestors.

Hmm, let’s look at that objectively.

“Restriction-site maps of the terminal lineages were used to infer the evolutionary history of the experimental lines for comparison to the known history and actual ancestors.”

So we start with inference.

“The five methods used to reconstruct branching pattern all predicted the correct topology but varied in their predictions of branch lengths;”

So none of the maps could go beyond the living lineages....

“one method also predicts ancestral restriction maps and was found to be greater than 98 percent accurate.”
So the map that was the shortest, which predicted only the living generations, but was unable to correctly predict longer lineages, was accurate for within the error rate of a few generations, but unable to map with accuracy longer generations further back.

In other words when our maps don’t match, we then weight them with mathematical fudgery and bias them until they match what we want them to say.

Here is a high school science lab exercise explaining how cladograms can be made using morphological characters:

Molecular data supply vastly more characters, since each nucleotide locus can be a datum point.

Which according to you has undergone mutation and so is no longer the original datum point and so can say nothing of the original datum point or what went before. Not that I expect you to be able to understand that.

It is the assessment of these patterns that produces the cladogram - not imagination or any of the other acts of dishonesty you and your ilk need to spread to counter science that you cannot understand and do not like.
Patterns which you claim mutations change randomly, so what went before that random change is a complete unknown until you weight the results with statistical bias....

That is the ranting of someone generally ignorant of the entirre field of biology, but desperate to prop up their crumbling religion, nothing more.
Says the man that wants mutations to randomly change the DNA, then thinks he can accurately deduce what the DNA was before this random change. Lol, just priceless.

So I have 3 oranges and I randomly replaced one. Was it an apple or banana or grapefruit to begin with?

It’s your claim you can predict what we started with from a random change. So predict..... and then with each generation we will randomly replace another one and you tell us what it started as.

I think everyone can see your random changes of genes, prevents you from knowing what any relationship was before the gene changed.... except as your tests confirmed, for only a few living generations that remained the same species.

So tell us all, oh systematics expert, how, exactly, 2 subspecies should be depicted on a cladogram.

Apecladogram.GIF

Golly gee - lookie there! The two major groups of chimps shown on separate branches!

And this one:

dog_clade2.jpg

Golly! This must mean that all dogs are separate species! According to YOU and your amazing knowledge of phylogenetics and systematics!

fig1.gif

Justatruthseeker best contact those frauds at AiG immediately to let them know the TRUTH about cladograms! And have pshun join you - they will all be duly impressed with his wiki quotes and 30 whole years of amassed science knowledge, and will doubtless IMMEDIATELY retract their phony 'baraminology' papers!

Please show us, oh master science expert, the cladogram showing your relationship to Adam.

I'm sure it will not be based on any assumptions and will have a known and identified 'form' at each and every node.

Thanks for trying, but your "interpretation" is akin to those obese, dumpy couch potatoes screaming 'You suck!' at a professional athlete.

Except on the dog cladogram we know who those ancestors were, they aren’t missing. We have actual proof they exist, you could write in a dog breed where every breed diverged. And we understand they are all the same species. A very important distinction where in your others they are all separate species..... fact versus incorrect fantasy, big difference. Fact shows they remain the same species. Fantasy assumes they are all separate. And again, you were warned about inherent errors by your own biologists about assuming variation in species were separate species. Garbage in, garbage out.

As for the others....

How about depicting them honestly and take away those imaginary lines connecting them to imaginary ancestors to bridge the gap to other claimed related forms? How about just being honest and ending the lines on each distinct form, exactly as the geological record shows?

Or is honesty too much to ask for?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Is that like interpreting separate species to mean anything and everything that includes whatever belief any person wants them to be at any given time? It’s not a particularly useful definition mind you, since we might just as well say anything at any time.

I mean one day it’s those that can interbreed. Another day and another person says no, it’s geological niche. Another day and another person says no, it’s feather color or beak shape and size. Another day and another person it’s geographical location. Species no longer has any meaning whatsoever.

Yet all theistic beliefs are creation, so creation means the same thing regardless of which theistic belief. None define creation as meaning something different as you attempt to imply. Regardless of a persons theistic outlook, if I say to them creation, they will understand of what I speak. If I tell you these two fish are separate species, you have no clue as to why they are separate species. You wouldn’t know if I meant niche, location, color, or any other. It’s useless at defining anything anymore.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Notice how your buddy has gone very quiet and you're not rushing to defend him? Perhaps you could teach him how to admit he was wrong.

Ahhh! More non-substantive non-contributional hogwash...do you have anything real or meaningful to the OP to discuss?

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

THIS cladogram!

primate_phylog_1_.gif

I did answer you but apparently since it disagreed you were unable to process the response. I will summarize more clearly...

The phylogeny assumed here (in this cladogram) tries to depict the ancestral descendency of these various organisms based on homological interpretation. The branching depictions are meant to represent the likely place of separation from previous ancestor types for the purpose of organizing these alleged lineal relationships.

This cladogram (which pre-supposes lineage) has the branching off of Pan and Homo more previously branching off from the Gorilla line which earlier branched off from the Orangutans and so forth. Inevitably it implies that the evidence indicates an ultimate UCA.

All of these “branchings” are assumed not observed or demonstrated to be true and the assumed UCA cannot be demonstrated. I previously gave one indicator of why this cladogram is in error in regards to the gorilla orangutan line.

In most Cladistic representations a branching or lineal splitting is believed to represent a speciation event or process due to the arrival of a new trait or in some rare cases the elimination of some older trait. Only we actually can only see in the past and demonstrate NOW that speciation only produces variety of the same type of organism.

But having shown that scientists show that cladograms are mostly unreliable interpretational categorizations we cannot put all our eggs in this basket. Cladograms however can be a useful tool for categorization (on many levels). In fact they are one of our more reliable tools. Via clades assimilating molecular data used to formulate phylogenetic trees we have now classified 26,000 species and sub-species of ray fish out of 448 families going all the way back to the Jurasic period. These constitute, in Evolutionary terms, around 40 orders of fish.

Besides the movable jaw almost all hold in common there are three of four regions on the genome that are almost identical (which would be expected simply on the basis of their having similarity of form and function...see the lego analogy). In this method of classification we can group about 90% of all extant fish into distinct sub-groups for further identification but these do NOT necessitate the lineage element already presupposed. The tool function of Clades allows us to do all this for organizational purposes, making the focus much clearer for researchers(and this is a positive).

It is the hypothesis driven interpretations (because of the pre-suppositional paradigm)that demonstrate their most prevalent weakness as a purveyor of true fact. I am not saying these opinions (which vary among scientists) may or may not hold merit but that is as far as it goes at this point.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Dunning-Kruger effect.

That is the ranting of someone generally ignorant of the entire field of biology, but desperate to prop up their crumbling religion, nothing more.

Apecladogram.GIF

And this one:

dog_clade2.jpg

fig1.gif

Yes! Cladograms often disagree with one another though the basic pre-supposition remains the same (the CA assumption). Nut other issues have been noted by other scientists...see Problems with the use of cladistic analysis in palaeoanthropology - ScienceDirect

Last edited:
Upvote 0