Not open for further replies.

Mythunderstood

Open to the possibility of god, but not convinced
Feb 29, 2004
✟2,285.00
Faith
Atheist
Proscribe,

Did you overlook my question? I asked the following in post #29 and did not get an answer from you. If you get the chance I would like to get your response. Thanks.

Question:
What evidence convinced you that the supernatural claims in the bible are in fact true?

Upvote 0

Jesus4Life777

Apr 27, 2009
✟7,824.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
2 Questions for Christians
------------------------

If we accept that a Christian is one who follows the precepts of Christ, we love our enemies & pray for them.

I have forgiven my enemies, and pray for them, but I have not yet been able to love them. Have you been able to love your enemies?

------------------------

"Whoever does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."
Jesus Christ Luke 14-26

So did you hate everyone before you became Christ's disciple?

Upvote 0

Suggestion Box

Apr 15, 2009
✟25,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think what he may be referring to is the fact that, in "bible times", there wasn't much in the way of fictional writing... if it was written down, it was pretty much assumed to be true. no one would go to all the trouble of painstakingly writing something out on leather scrolls unless it was true.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Orthodox Church along with Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity because the accept that Jesus sacrifice was sufficient for us to be forgiven of our sins. They don't agree with the tenets of other Christian Churches with the same core beliefs; that makes them a denomination of Christianity.
Umm pardon me. But what the heck are you arguing about that on the NCR "heathen" board for?

The GT board is the place ya wanna be for that :thumbsup:

General Theology - Christian Forums

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've always wondered who Revelation 9, was talking about. I think this thread gave me a better understanding.
What do you think it is talking about as I am sure that would interest the atheists, Jews and Muslims here? :wave:

Upvote 0

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus4Life777

Apr 27, 2009
✟7,824.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
2 Questions for Christians
------------------------

If we accept that a Christian is one who follows the precepts of Christ, we love our enemies & pray for them.

I have forgiven my enemies, and pray for them, but I have not yet been able to love them. Have you been able to love your enemies?

------------------------

"Whoever does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."
Jesus Christ Luke 14-26

So did you hate everyone before you became Christ's disciple?

we got offtopic, an we go back to the pressing questions we have for other christians please?

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why do you believe in a talking snake and that people lived till they were 900 years old? How do these things conform with reality?

I would say you are making rationalizations and generalizations based on atheism.

Just like I figured. You cannot answer the question in all due honesty. Which only reveals to me the shallowness of your beliefs. The question deals with reality as I spelled out but you are just not willing to step up to the plate and be honest with your answers which are not answers at all. Have a nice day and I just won't waste my time with people like you. Good bye.

Upvote 0

ProScribe

May 20, 2008
Granbury,TX
✟7,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just like I figured. You cannot answer the question in all due honesty. Which only reveals to me the shallowness of your beliefs. The question deals with reality as I spelled out but you are just not willing to step up to the plate and be honest with your answers which are not answers at all. Have a nice day and I just won't waste my time with people like you. Good bye.

So long . . :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

humblemuslim

I am busy currently. Will be less active soon.
Mar 25, 2005
USA
✟19,528.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would say it is not likely.

Your "biblical evidence" would invalidate the 14 epistles of the NT.

Well the Bible is a collection of books from various authors, all allegedly inspired by God. If garfieldthecatman has evidence that a consensus of the authors, or even better all the authors aside from Paul of course, suggest Paul to be a false apostle, then simply stating that such a notion would remove a considerable amount of the NT would not seem to be a relevant point. Not to mention the epistles that would be in danger of rejection on the grounds of accepting the aforementioned point are much smaller in size as compared to the 4 Gospels and other texts in the NT. Although there is no question that removing the works of Paul would surely alter the overall message of the NT drastically.

I am eager to see if garfieldthecatman will reveal his position. Assuming he did mean to argue the point.

Upvote 0

Mythunderstood

Open to the possibility of god, but not convinced
Feb 29, 2004
✟2,285.00
Faith
Atheist
Mythunderstood said:
What evidence convinced you that the supernatural claims in the bible are in fact true?

"The Bible was never contested or questioned but assumed to be true."

So you base your beliefs on what other people believe? If others assume something to be true, then that is all you need to believe it? I asked you what evidence convinced you, not what other people assumed to be true....

Upvote 0

R3quiem

Senior Veteran
Jun 25, 2007
In your head.
✟14,623.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
"The Bible was never contested or questioned but assumed to be true."
By what reason do you assume the Bible to be true without questioning it or contesting it?

Whatever this reason was, why did it also not apply to the Qur'an or the Bhagavad Gita?

Upvote 0

Jesus4Life777

Apr 27, 2009
✟7,824.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I keep coming back to this thread to see if my questions will be answered (post #51) but I think those questions might end up being labeled as "you must take the bible with a grain of salt" questions... even though I think my questions are more in the grey area of what parts of the bible should be taken with a grain of salt and what parts should not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.