Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truss won with about 81,000 votes, 57% of party voters, over rival Rishi Sunak.

In a congratulatory message to new British Prime Minister Liz Truss, Cardinal Vincent Nichols of Westminster has pledged his prayers and the Church’s support for addressing various crises, including in the cost of living.

“I wish to assure the prime minister of my prayerful support,” Cardinal Nichols said, speaking as president of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales. “Her appointment comes at a time when many crises have to be faced, at home and across the world.”

Truss, 47, succeeds Conservative Prime Minister Boris Johnson. She was formally appointed by Queen Elizabeth II on Sept. 6, after winning the Conservative Party leadership vote. Truss won with about 81,000 votes, 57% of party voters, over rival Rishi Sunak.

She has promised tax cuts of up to $34.5 billion for emergency budget legislation, on the grounds this will grow the economy and prevent a recession. These cuts include a temporary halt to environmental taxes on energy bills and the elimination of a rise in corporate tax.

Continued below.
As New British PM Takes Office, Catholic Bishops Offer Prayers and Help

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If what I have heard is true on the BBC, Liz trus has not chosen a single member of her cabinet from anyone who has ministerial experience whatsoever. This is not only completely crazy, but she is going to need all the help that she can get, with absolutely no one in the cabinet with any cabinet experience at all. Very sad news for our country!

Upvote 0