As if Mosques in on 9-11 site weren't enough...

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reps to you all.

And I wonder what we as His body may come together and do?

Let us pray, friends. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous person availeth much. We are His body. Let us move at His command.

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here in Oklahoma, our State Capitol building has a monument on its lawn which displays the 10 Commandments.

Now, in an absurd assertion of wickedness in high places, the church of Satan in New York wants to build a monument on the same lawn right next to it, with the backing of the ACLU declaring it unconstitutional not to allow it.

Say what you will, but we have plain biblical example that God is just as jealous a God today as He was back when He led the Hebrews in the desert. He has not changed, nor has He changed His stance on idols.

What are your thoughts?

(Source: Channel 10 News)

The United States is a Democratic Republic. Some of the early writers in American history wrote about the importance of the morality of the people in a Democracy.

I would say that there are advantages and disadvantages to different styles of Government. And no Government is 100% as in America has exceptions to Democracy. Not every detail is voted upon. But at the end of the day , if the will of the majority of the people is to be wicked , that will be reflected in the Governing.

I agree with praying. We need a revival. we are not going to beat back the evil with legislation. It is like trying to control a rebellious teen. Although legislation can be a useful tool to slow it down a little and I am thankful for what we do have , I also know it is not our answer. Eventually , the will of the people will win out. Prayer is the answer.

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The United States is a Democratic Republic. Some of the early writers in American history wrote about the importance of the morality of the people in a Democracy.

I would say that there are advantages and disadvantages to different styles of Government. And no Government is 100% as in America has exceptions to Democracy. Not every detail is voted upon. But at the end of the day , if the will of the majority of the people is to be wicked , that will be reflected in the Governing.

I agree with praying. We need a revival. we are not going to beat back the evil with legislation. It is like trying to control a rebellious teen. Although legislation can be a useful tool to slow it down a little and I am thankful for what we do have , I also know it is not our answer. Eventually , the will of the people will win out. Prayer is the answer.

But see, brother, that's just it. Most of the people here in Oklahoma, myself included, aren't even being asked. The ACLU is simply deciding that the will of the majority is unimportant and inconvenient, delegating themselves and their agenda a higher authority in this matter than any popular vote. Polls have been taken here locally, and they show an overwhelming desire that no Satanic monument be built, even if it means tearing down the current Christian monument. Do you think anything more will come of those polls? Apart from an act of God, I don't.

Most of the country does not give half a hoot what happens in Oklahoma. Neither, incidentally, would this church of Satan, unless something motivated them to take issue with a public display of devotion to God. I have learned not to underestimate our enemy.

Boy, do I ever agree with you here. Prayer, and national repentance like what we saw in Ninevah.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonguesoffire
Upvote 0

brokenandhumbled

Let us go into the house of the Lord (Psalm 122)
Nov 18, 2007
United Kingdom
✟10,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger." Ezekiel 43:8 KJV

I read this article earlier today and was left feeling terribly grieved. This text came immediately to mind and the severe warning struck me. Our God is a jealous God and does not take kindly to being placed on equal footing with so called man made gods.

Yes this is only a monument and not the Holy Place as spoken of in the text, but even so, it is a monument to The Living God and as such the placement of the other proposed monuments is an insult and abomination to His Holy Name.

The Word makes it clear from the beginning that the Holy must be separated from the profane and to have His Holy Commandments that were given to mankind that it may be well with man, placed on the same level as these idols IS going to provoke His jealousy!!!

I pray that it will provoke Christians America over, to get on their knees and pray!! Pray, write, take action!

May these idols like that of dagon in 1Samuel 5 fall down before Him, faces to the ground and be smashed to pieces! Now wouldn't that be something! ^_^

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But see, brother, that's just it. Most of the people here in Oklahoma, myself included, aren't even being asked. The ACLU is simply deciding that the will of the majority is unimportant and inconvenient, delegating themselves and their agenda a higher authority in this matter then any popular vote. Polls have been taken here locally, and they show an overwhelming desire that no Satanic monument be built, even if it means tearing down the current Christian monument. Do you think anything more will come of those polls? Apart from an act of God, I don't.

Most of the country does not give half a hoot what happens in Oklahoma. Neither, incidentally, would this church of Satan, unless something motivated them to take issue with a public display of devotion to God. I have learned not to underestimate our enemy.

Similar politics exist here in Canada. The Province of Ontario with cities such as Toronto can outvote Manitoba , Alberta and British Columbia combined. The big cities are generally more liberal.

Also , it is more complicated than a vote about this specific momument. The larger issue is much more complicated than that. It has to do with civil rights trumping all other rule of law. Once the issue is placed in that category , it trumps everything. Whether it be an Islamic cleric speaking at the High School graduation or homosexual rights or a momement on the 911 grounds. What the majority has decided is that civil rights should trump all other issues.

Not that I am in favor of this monument. Don't get me wrong. But it is complicated. When I used to live in Alberta which is farm country out in Western Canada , the Eastern liberals forced homosexual agenda on Western Canada. Being farm country , the values were more conservative in Alberta and in some cases , it was 90% against and it was forced through anyway. There was a big scare in the churchs in Alberta because they were in danger of having their ability to perfrom weddings revoked unless they agreed to homosexual weddings. As it turns out , we are not quite there yet , but are headed that way unless something changes.

This State versus Federal , is also what is behind Quebec always throwing a fit. They actually have a movement that wants to break away from Canada and be their own sovereign nation. Because they feel that their concerns are constantly overruled by English speaking federal measures. This goes back to the French and British colonies and has a long history. Obviously the British have won out for the most part , but there is a strong French element in Canada. There is always a delicate tension about some of these issues.

But I realize even as I write this , that what I am speaking of is some of the same issues which were behind the Civil war in the United States. Thankfully , while we lose some of the social battles , we have not even come close to civil war over it.

I also think this is why the United States has both a Senate and Congress. Two houses to give a system of checks and balances. The Congress is decided by population and the Senate gets two Senators for each State so equal representation for states like Oklahoma for the Senate , but they are way out voted by new York in the Congress.. While it does not balance everything out , it does provide a mitigating factor. Some changes require both houses to pass it by a certain percentage. The western States that have lower populations have a measure of control in the Senate.

Anyway , in a lot of ways , the precedents set in the civil war are still being pushed in the United States in the sense of federal mandates taking precedence over States and local feelings on the issues. Appointed positions and agencies which do not answer directly to the public such as the FDA fall into this category. Health codes , Civil rights , educational standards and curriculums. And now since 911 , national security issues. All of these things are trump cars or bully tactics depending on the spin put on it. The liberals have made good use of this aspect of United States politics.

Some of this could be the reason why they still fly the confederate flag down south. This type of bullying by the federal Government has a long history. Some would say for good and some would say for bad.

Just my opinion. There are two sides to the issue , of course. It is an interesting subject to read up on for someone who is interested in that sort of thing. The liberals( morally speaking ) have made ground over decades on a host of issues.

Boy, do I ever agree with you here. Prayer, and national repentance like what we saw in Ninevah.

Amen.

Upvote 0

1Feather

Sep 19, 2013
✟804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The ACLU, Freedom From Religion Foundation, various atheist groups, all threaten democracy with lawsuits to get their way.

They claim to represent the will of the people, civil liberties, and yet in order to achieve their demonic ends they threaten to take the matters to the courts of man, and make vigilance and resistance costly.

And those that value materials, money, more than liberty and freedom consent before the battle even breaks. Fear! The enemy of revolt.

"Anything! Just don't sue us!"

And once that precedent is set, it reverberates to the demonic hordes and announces to them that fear rules the minds of men. While the spirit is weak and cowed.

And by that example then the hordes grow bolder. They claim it to be a civil right that entitles them to march over others civil right.
The will of the people is no longer in consideration. It is the will of the minority who threaten the majority with two words; in court.

The first amendment insures freedom of religion. It does not guarantee the abolition of religion.
Separation of church and state does not mean church and those of faith must remain invested in their holy sanctuaries alone, while the secular realm is to remain carnal property where anything goes and morality is outlawed, else you shall be sued for daring breach the standard of indecency that seeks to rule there. And in the name of civil right and separation from all that is holy.

The ten commandments were given not to tell people what to do but to tell them what they are not permitted to do under God's law.
Just as the laws of the land exist today. They do not dictate permissions. They dictate what is not permitted.

And what is not permitted is the vacating of religious freedom simply because a government populated by we the people, Christian in majority, elected them to their station.

We do not vote as a body for every law in every State. But those legislators do gain their authority to govern, to vote, from our voice that speaks and makes it possible to know the will of we the people.

For too long, but thank God in just a few cases, the demonic hordes have gained ground. Their threats of lawsuits swaying the weak who value all that they possess more than what they would dare put at risk to defend what they value in future.
Freedom.
Liberty.
Independence.
And God.

If these latest demons, this farce of a satanic cesspool, threaten a lawsuit, every Christian citizen of Oklahoma should counter sue them!

Certainly one among you is an attorney that would work pro-bono, free, for that cause.

Sue them, the ACLU, that is so deeply entrenched in the pit of Hell that they even fought for the rights of NAMBLA! And any other demonic conspirator that seeks to achieve this end. Erecting a satanic monument beside the ten commandments.

Satan walks this earth as its lord. A lion seeking souls to devour.
And bloated unto gluttony by those of the ACLU, Freedom From Religion Foundation, American Atheists, those in this satanic farce church, and all others like them, fill his belly full!

The armies of Christ as the body of his holy church owe it to ourselves, our future, the word of God, God's will, to gut that lion and insure he feasts no more.

If we do not stand for something we shall fall to this demonic thing.

The evil in this world grows bolder. And part of the reason for its hubris is apathy among the righteous.

It is time for that to STOP!

Amen!

But see, brother, that's just it. Most of the people here in Oklahoma, myself included, aren't even being asked. The ACLU is simply deciding that the will of the majority is unimportant and inconvenient, delegating themselves and their agenda a higher authority in this matter then any popular vote. Polls have been taken here locally, and they show an overwhelming desire that no Satanic monument be built, even if it means tearing down the current Christian monument. Do you think anything more will come of those polls? Apart from an act of God, I don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Oh please oh please! Why can't we just call their bluff?

Satanists are selfish. If indeed they have raised $20,000 to build one monument, they most certainly won't be able to do it again and again.

But what they would simply love to do, is use that same 20 thousand to threaten to build one again and again and again; causing panic in city after city. Hopefully if all goes well (for them), Christians will keep running in fright, willingly pulling down every "religious" symbol everywhere simply because "Now them horrible Satanists want to build their monument in OUR town!!!!!!!!"

Depending on how fearful and gullible Christians across the country are, this same chunk of money could go a really long way to further their cause. But if we simply say "OK", and let them build their stupid monument, I'd give it 10 to one odds that nothing would ever come of it!

Upvote 0

WanderingBloom

Real Heroes Don't Wear Capes.They Wear Dog Tags.
Nov 24, 2013
✟568.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Instead of a monument hailing the adversary of God, those monies could go a long way to promote Satanism being charitable. Like using the money to start a homeless shelter, or a food kitchen.
Not in Oklahoma where this church is not based. But in NYC where they are. God knows there are plenty of people living in the alleys, in Central Park, and eating out of garbage cans there so as to call these monies a blessing.
If this group wants to promote Satan in some momentous way, taking that kind of money and instituting a place that helps people would be the way to go.
Rather than installing a monument in a state far removed from this churches location. And just to upset the Christians there with a symbol installed beside the Mosaic law that contradicts all its meaning and righteousness itself.

It would only go to make Satanists look worse than that what is already the case in the reputation that precedes them.

Upvote 0