Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
QUOTE: Again, “as dying, and behold I live.” As though we were always dying, and yet to live. How painful! how distressing! how surprising! True portrait of any life indeed! O how surprising it has appeared to me since, that I was kept alive in the midst of the terrors of Sinai’s flame, and still spared to see and feel the wonders God can do. It is no less surprising to me now to feel that I have not been consumed in the furnace of affliction, nor by the flames of sin and of a guilty conscience, nor by the rod of his hand, during these many years since, but am still preserved alive to praise him. Come, my brother, turn aside, and behold this great sight, a branch of the “bush ” unconsumed! O mystery of mysteries, sacred and divine! But you know the cause. Life immortal was found in my heart. My eyes are bathed in tears, and my soul bleeds with joy at the sound. Rejoice, O ye righteous, and join the transports of my soul, for the Lord hath done it. Farewell, my dear brother, thou servant of the Most High God! Peace be with thee and thy spouse, and prosperity attend thy labours. My soul, ray spouse, and the brethren greet you both in the Lord. We are much as usual, through mercy. Write soon. “As, dying, and behold we live.” I am a mystery and wonder to myself.

READ THE REST HERE: As Dying, and Behold We Live