As Christians - how do you politically stand for Biblical Righteousness?

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When societal norms are accepted into the Christians life and we start calling evil good, we are on a downward slide.

Abortion - hate - sexual sins

All have crept into the church, all are societal norms all are paths to destruction.

Speak your opinion on sexual sins and you get labeled all sorts of egregious names.

When one of my daughters was in her early teens she came to us and announced that she was a lesbian. Her friends saw her hugging one of her classmates and the rumors started. They eventually convinced her. To protect our child, we pulled her out of that school and home schooled her. During that time we found out that she had been molested when she was 7 and that from that moment on, she hated men.

Today 12 years later, she is happily married, enjoys working at a local hospital and is making plans for her first child.

We were shunned by the school community - called homophobic, It was amazing how much push back we got.

There has NEVER been a politician I am in 100% agreement with. Unfortunately, I'm having to vote for the lesser of two evils so to speak. I was not a Trump supporter until he was the only option to Hillary. He was the lesser of two evils.

Now we have the results of a president who claims to be a devout Catholic, yet endorsed numerous stances that his own church speaks against.

Maybe we can encourage one another to keep strong and stand for Righteousness.

Last edited:

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When societal norms are accepted into the Christians life and we start calling evil good, we are on a downward slide.

All have crept into the church, all are societal norms all are paths to destruction.

Speak your opinion on sexual sins and you get labeled all sorts of egregious names.

When one of my daughters was in her early teens she came to us and announced that she was a lesbian. Her friends saw her hugging one of her classmates and the rumors started. They eventually convinced her. To protect our child, we pulled her out of that school and home schooled her. During that time we found out that she had been molested when she was 7 and that from that moment on, she hated men.

Today 12 years later, she is happily married, enjoys working at a local hospital and is making plans for her first child.

We were shunned by the school community - called homophobic, It was amazing how much push back we got.

There has NEVER been a politician I am in 100% agreement with. Unfortunately, I'm having to vote for the lesser of two evils so to speak. I was not a Trump supporter until he was the only option to Hillary. He was the lesser of two evils.

Now we have the results of a president who claims to be a devout Christian, yet endorsed numerous stances that his own church speaks against.

Simple. I "politically stand" for God's Righteousness by expressing my disagreement with the World via philosophical analysis.

Yep. THERE IT IS! I disagree with the World.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Now we have the results of a president who claims to be a devout Christian, yet endorsed numerous stances that his own church speaks against.

Did I just witness another one of your threads getting derailed?

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I focus on issues of religious freedom. Absolutely the square of public debate should include people who arrive at their positions because of their religious beliefs. However, living in a liberal democracy where both individual rights are protected and political power is limited, that also means our religious beliefs do not get to dictate behavior and rules for those who do not share our faith. Our country is filled with people of many different faiths (including none) and backgrounds who also have a place in the square of public debate.

An example would be around marriage, which has both a legal component and for people of faith a religious one. I can accept our country deciding that the legal benefits should be open to those who do not share my faith-based view of marriage, but I will fight against those who would try to use politics to force my church to conduct or participate in marriages outside our faith based position.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As far as I am concerned, there is absolutely no difference between sarcasm and a lie. Nowhere in the Bible are we given permission to be sarcastic for any reason. Sarcasm is literally telling a lie because the speaker is knowingly saying what is not true. So I will get angry whenever I see a sarcastic post even if I recognize it as such (which is extremely rare).

Are you implying that a relative of mine should stop watching JP Sears?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BYW I did not say Joe Biden is not a Christian. He has professed his faith and I believe him. Just like when his predecessor did.

Saying you are devout to a denomination and then taking stances directly against the denominations core beliefs is what I am addressing.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,059.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Now we have the results of a president who claims to be a devout Catholic, yet endorsed numerous stances that his own church speaks against.

I try to discern each candidate through the Holy Spirit. That is why Clinton was clearly the lesser of two evils. Neither Trump or Clinton were pro-life but both supported some issues which were.

Trump is as close to antichrist as any candidate that I've witnessed during my lifetime, almost 69 years. Clinton is kinda creepy, at times, but she is a far better person than Trump.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Trump is as close to antichrist as any candidate that I've witnessed during my lifetime, almost 69 years. Clinton is kinda creepy, at times, but she is a far better person than Trump.
Centralized global government better serves the Adversary than nationalistic. Which served which? That is the issue as we approach world government.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That is a tough one because the Word says we will be persecuted for up to 3 reasons:
For the Word
For the name of Jesus
For righteousness

Think John the Baptist. He got chopped.
We have no choice but to stand for these three things. Come what may.
The world today is so dark and slanted toward wickedness that it is going to be very difficult to dwell with them. The division between the righteous and the unrighteous is becoming more distinct and wide. Come out from among them seems to be the call. If we do not come out willingly, we will be driven out or cast out. They do not like us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The division between the righteous and the unrighteous is becoming more distinct and wide. Come out from among them seems to be the call. If we do not come out willingly, we will be driven out or cast out. They do not like us.
Same planet but different worlds

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes. And Jesus is our encouragement daily always. Not so for the wicked.
The downward slide has been ongoing, increasing, since the first century, just as it did in centuries before that leading up to the flood, and to the tower of babl.
To protect our child, we pulled her out of that school and home schooled her. During that time we found out that she had been molested when she was 7 and that from that moment on, she hated men.

The school communities are part of the 'downward' society, and not often can they be helpful. Society always opposes Jesus and the followers of Jesus, as written, particularly in Galatians.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is the topic of the thread -

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Here is the topic of the thread

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not uncommon in this day and age, especially if you send the kids to a public school. We pulled ours out at the end of the third grade. 8 year old children were already being sexualized. This was in 1985.
I recall the story of Sodom and Gomorra. Look at what Lot said, and the response from the sodomites:

Genesis 19:4-11
4. Before they could lie down to sleep, all the men – both young and old, from every part of the city of Sodom – surrounded the house.
5. They shouted to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so we can take carnal knowledge of them!”
6. Lot went outside to them, shutting the door behind him.
7. He said, “No, my brothers! Don’t act so wickedly!
8. Look, I have two daughters who have never been intimate with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do to them whatever you please. Only don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”
9. “Out of our way!” they cried, and “This man came to live here as a foreigner, and now he dares to judge us! We’ll do more harm to you than to them! They kept pressing in on Lot until they were close enough to break down the door.
10. So the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house as they shut the door.
11. Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, from the youngest to the oldest, with blindness. The men outside wore themselves out trying to find the door.

I think we are here or very close. Anything you say will be met with outrage and you will be accused of judging. Notice that the youth were in the crowds also, the Hebrew word includes small children. I pray it does not, but I am concerned that the David Wilkerson prophecy about gangs of Sodomites roaming the streets will soon come true. Also note that the crowds of men continued to attack the house even after they were blinded!
Even Lots' sons in laws thought his warnings were humorous.

Genesis 19:14
14. And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.

So even friends and relations will think you are crazy. This is the reprobate mind Paul discussed in Romans.

So how do we proceed?
I have started to wear Tee-Shirts with Christian messages on them. Most of them are simple statements about God, the Lord, the Gospel, and salvation. Some are a bit more pointed such as "Don't make me come down there."
Most of the time I get a "I like your shirt" or a point and a chuckle.
I consider myself a billboard for the Lord.

Hab 2: TLB
2 And the Lord said to me, “Write my answer on a billboard,[a] large and clear,
so that anyone can read it at a glance and rush to tell the others.

I have yet to get a negative comment.
Like you I have never found a politician I agree with 100%
I was a delegate to state republican convention and supported Pat Robertson back in the 80s.
Since then I supported Carson and others. But face it, a true believer who stands for God, the Bible, the Gospel, and God's righteousness will never be elected President in the US. The nation is the world and the world is the devils'. We are just passing through grabbing souls as we go.
In the future, the church will be our earthly refuge... if it is allowed to stand. Perhaps we will be forced to go underground by our oh-so- pluralistic culture.
Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I think we are here or very close. Anything you say will be met with outrage and you will be accused of judging. Notice that the youth were in the crowds also, the Hebrew word includes small children. I pray it does not, but I am concerned that the David Wilkerson prophecy about gangs of Sodomites roaming the streets will soon come true. Also note that the crowds of men continued to attack the house even after they were blinded!
Let me relate one situation I encountered in Houston, Texas, when I was about 22 years old. Not being from there, my wife and I were trying to find a certain place, and had parked the car, and started walking past a vacant parking lot behind a police station. A group of maybe ten men started toward us, crossed the street to confront us. Concerned for her safety, I walked behind her so I could do whatever was needed on her behalf, but then I heard one of them say, "Let the lady pass". They didn't touch her, but they started grabbing at me, clingy-like; it was awful. I acted ignorant, and threw their hands off as they did it; I was saying, "What do you want?" and such, until we were past them, and they didn't pursue much, appearing a little confused or actually even forgetful that anything had happened.

That was in 1978, I think. I doubt things have improved.

• Wow
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

An enormous thread clean was required for OFF TOPIC posts. If you don't understand the scope of the OP; It would be in everyone's best interest if you could find a thread with a subject that you can comprehend.

MOD HAT OFF

241642_7b806f26bb6b356d6acfdbc3b2ca67ff_thumb.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I try to discern each candidate through the Holy Spirit. That is why Clinton was clearly the lesser of two evils. Neither Trump or Clinton were pro-life but both supported some issues which were.

This is what I believe makes this country one of the greatest in the world, it is also the beauty of Christianity.

My reasoning and methods and yours are identical - we worship the same Lord - yet we are diametrically opposed as to the person we would support.

Upvote 0