As Christians, do we worship God or Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
1 God and one son/mediator. 1 + 1 equal two bodies.

Again, I cannot put it more simply. For those of you who have been caught up in this clearly confusing man made tradition that most if you have a hard time trying to explain, it is likely you simply will not let go if it.
Only one body and one invisible spirit

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1 God and one son/mediator. 1 + 1 equal two bodies.

Again, I cannot put it more simply.

I got it. It's wrong and not even considered to be "Christian" by the rules of Christian Forum, but I got it.

If you cannot contemplate any complexities being inherent in the nature of the Almighty, recognizing that the issue is way, way, above our mortal comprehension level, I know that I am not likely to dissuade you with Bible verses that disprove your POV.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are more than alike; they are one.
One God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

So you say.

And i noticed no one would give me a direct answer to the question I posed on 2 threads, someting that says a whole lot in my view.

One would either need to lie, something none of you want to do, or answer it directly, someting that would expose the fact they are 2 beings.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
One would either need to lie, something none of you want to do, or answer it directly, someting that would expose the fact they are 2 beings.
How can you rationalize that in view of the Bible's explicit teaching that there is only ONE God and that Jesus was God and claimed to be God while directing all questioners to the Father in heaven?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got it. It's wrong and not even considered to be "Christian" by the rules of Christian Forum, but I got it.

If you cannot contemplate any complexities being inherent in the nature of the Almighty, recognizing that the issue is way, way, above our mortal comprehension level, I know that I am not likely to dissuade you with Bible verses that disprove your POV.

If it's going to upset you, I suggest we no longer argue the matter.

Besides, this is going nowhere, and I dont see that changing

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can you rationalize that in view of the Bible's explicit teaching that there is only ONE God and that Jesus was God and claimed to be God while directing all questioners to the Father in heaven?

Jesus might as well be God as their thoughts are the same, but they are 2 separate beings. He is the son and God is God.

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I were having dinner this evening and we started talking about our church and the music. While talking, I mentioned that I had to read the lyrics before singing because I was very careful to not worship Jesus.
The church we attend is southern baptist and it great, but I definitely disagree with some of the music and prayers I hear where people are..basically...worshiping Jesus. Now sure, I know trinity and all that..but we are to workship God, not Jesus.
In my head, God is our father, Jesus is our savior, and the holy spirit moves in all things. All three work to make each other possible, but through and through..Jesus is my savior, my leader, and my friend while God is my God.

What say you oh mighty Christian forums? Thanks and God Bless....
brady

Your not fully understanding the Trinity my friend. Jesus is God. To worship Jesus is to worship God.

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one."”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:27-30‬ ‭NASB‬‬

I get what your saying tho but I would politely point out that the apostles worshipped Jesus. I would suggest reviewing the opening introductions in all of Paul’s epistles. Paul praises & worships Jesus in his opening statements in every one of his epistles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jesus might as well be God as their thoughts are the same, but they are 2 separate beings.

...and that presumption is the big error, not anything about mediators or adding up numbers, etc.

If you cannot contemplate other than that two of anything means separate but equal, then you're stuck there. On oak and an acorn are two different species of trees, therefore. A beagle and a cocker spaniel are two different kinds of animals since they cannot both be dogs. And so it would also be with God.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice try.

I'm not "trying" anything - I'm asking you if you believe that central and important Christian doctrine that God is 3 persons in 1. Tri-unity; 1 in 3 and 3 in 1.
Jesus is God the Son, fully God and fully man.

Now, show me biblical proof they are all one being, and I'll consider accepting it,

I did.
I showed you Scriptures which say that there was more than one person in the Godhead at creation. I showed you Scriptures which said that the universe was created through, and by, Jesus and that he shared God's glory before the world began. I showed you Scriptures which said that the Spirt of God was with God in the beginning, is Holy and understands the things of God.

See post #97

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Does snyone think the following is relevant to this thread?

John 4:23 (NRSV): But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steppinrazor

Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 3:6
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2020
Mount Juliet
✟83,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If someone in our church posted this, he would be removed from the membership roles.

If Jesus is not your God, then Jesus is not your savior.

WOW. Nice church you got there. Remind me to never attend one of your oh so holy membership meetings...err..church services

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

immadatyou.gif

This thread is closed. There is some flaming and teaching against the Trinity.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.