until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,
and her salvation as a burning torch.
The nations shall see your righteousness,
and all the kings your glory,
and you shall be called by a new name
that the mouth of the Lord will give.
You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord,
and a royal diadem in the hand of your God.”

If we apply these truths to the church, the body of Christ, today, and if I were to make application specifically to the church here in America, or to what is called “church,” as a general rule, but not as applying this to everyone or to every congregation, I would say that we, as followers of Jesus Christ, are to not be silent when it comes to sharing the gospel and the truths of God’s Word, for so much of today’s “church” is living so worldly that there is not much of a distinction between the church and the world.

Now we should never be silent when it comes to sharing the truths of God’s word, and especially his gospel message. But in the times we live in here in America, the church, overall, has lost her saltiness and has hidden her light under a bushel and she has (they have) gone the way of the world and not the way of righteousness and holiness. And so she needs to be revived so that her righteousness goes forth as brightness, and her salvation as a burning torch. She should stand out as godly and not be worldly.

And for the nations to see her righteousness and all the kings of the earth her glory, there is going to need to be a radical and spiritual transformation of the hearts of those who are confessing Jesus as Lord of their lives here in America. So when I use the term “revived,” I mean transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God in true repentance (turning from sin) and true walks of obedience to our Lord and to his commands (New Covenant). I am not speaking of emotional experiences which don’t produce real change.

Now the “new name,” if this is to be at all considered a prophecy regarding the Messianic age and the New Covenant God has with his people, would be Christian or the body of Christ. For under the New Covenant God’s people are all those who have believed in Jesus with God-given faith, whether Jew or non-Jew by physical birth. We are those who have died with Christ to sin, and who are now walking in righteousness and holiness, in obedience to our Lord, and not in sin, in practice. For if we walk in sin and not in obedience to Christ, we do not have the hope of eternal life with God.

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Caution: This link may contain ads

Oh, to Be Like Thee, Blessed Redeemer

Lyrics by Thomas O. Chisholm, 1897
Music by W. J. Kirkpatrick, 1897

Oh, to be like Thee! blessèd Redeemer,
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

Oh, to be like Thee! full of compassion,
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wandering sinner to find.