• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Arizona Information!

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by Annova, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Annova

Annova Veteran

+36
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Okay I was wondering if any of you Arizona people could help me out.

I'm going to be moving there (Phen.) for school in the Fall and was wondering if anyone knew where a good safe place to live is (apartments). Yes I know there's no safe place BUT is there places I should avoid?

I guess any suggestions would be helpful for I am sort of clueless.

Thanks.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. scraparcs

scraparcs aka Mayor McCheese

+4,411
    Private
    Avoid where I live. :D

What part of the Valley will you be in and/or where will you go to school? That will determine a lot of where you live.

3. Annova

Annova Veteran

+36
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Oh sorry, lol!

I'll be attending Argosy University.

4. scraparcs

+4,411
    Private
    hmmm...where's that?

5. Annova

Annova Veteran

+36
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Phoenix

6. scraparcs

+4,411
    Private
    Oh dear. I'll have to find an address -- Phoenix is gigantic, literally it's like fifty miles from top to bottom.

7. Annova

Annova Veteran

+36
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    50 miles. Are you serious?

Anyhow it's located in the northern section.

8. HisdaughterJen

HisdaughterJen Well-Known Member

+411
    Christian
    Private
    Hi Annova!
    I've lived here since 1998.
    North side is good. Stay close to Scottsdale, Anthem, North Phoenix, or Arrowhead on NorthWest side.
    Pay extra for rent if it means gated community with added security features.
    Phoenix is nice but dangerous in some areas. Stay on guard especially if going to be living alone. (My husband is CSI and I hear all the gory stories)

9. scraparcs

+4,411
    Private
    Basically don't live in my 'hood. ^_^

10. TCat

TCat Daily surrender

+119
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Try to stay on the North East side of the city, the rent is horrible but it is a bit safer. Personally I live in the arcadia area and love it, we don't seem to get to much crime, close to EVERYTHING and right now the weather is perfect. Good luck to you, hope your move goes well.

11. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    Stear clear of Indian School Road.. and Thomas Road...
    That's all I've got to say :D
    No but seriously... Some parts on those streets.. Which are quite a few are pretty dangerous..

12. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    I didn't know you lived in Arizona... Where about do you live..
    I lived in El Mirage.. bout 20 min west of Phoenix, until I moved to Texas this past July..
    I lived in Arizona for 9 years.. Can't say I really liked it either..

13. sammynic

sammynic Regular Member

+13
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Ooh, I live in Paradise Valley, right by Scottsdale. It's nice, kinda small, and the rent isn't that bad. :thumb:

14. 3trees

3trees Guest

+0

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
  15. scraparcs

+4,411
    Private
    You get used to them after a while. :D

16. Jad2009

Jad2009 Guest

+0

I just bought a house there. It's your typical residential community-type place. Not bad.... No crime or creeps, besides me.