Argentine diocese apologizes for prayer to Pachamama

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Diocese of Venado Tuerto’s Caritas branch apologized Tuesday for having posted on its social media a prayer to Pachamama, an Andean deity.

“The pachamama is a symbol of fertility, of the earth and the sacredness of life. It is a myth full of spiritual meaning (that) can be used to advantage,” said the now-deleted Aug. 1 post.

“Some religious festivals have a sacred meaning and are occasions for gathering and fraternity. These are the new paths for the Church and for the achievement of an integral ecology. Holy Father Francis. #somoscaritasarag #caritasvt #equipomagrevenadotueto,” the post said.

The prayer read: "Hail Pachamama, sweet source of our life, may you be forever venerated. Blessed are the fruits of your womb, our daily bread, may you be blessed now and forever. Look with compassion, Holy Mother, upon the human pack that destroys you out of ambition. Blessed be your clemency Pachamama. My land preyed upon by madness. You are the source of life and joy. Pachamama, holy land, Holy Mother, Virgin Mary.”

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The prayer read: "Hail Pachamama, sweet source of our life, may you be forever venerated. Blessed are the fruits of your womb, our daily bread, may you be blessed now and forever. Look with compassion, Holy Mother, upon the human pack that destroys you out of ambition. Blessed be your clemency Pachamama. My land preyed upon by madness. You are the source of life and joy. Pachamama, holy land, Holy Mother, Virgin Mary.”

This is what wokeness infecting the church looks like and it's a sad state of affairs when the Catholic church has to become politically correct and offer prayers to a pagan deity in order to be "inclusive". I'm glad that they apologized, but I can see similar things taking place in American and Europe soon.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Looks like they're trying to blend the Virgin Mary with a pagan goddess.

Yeah it's not good because there are already enough fundamentalist churches that accuse Rome of essentially being paganism with a coast of Jesus-colored paint slapped on top. This is just going to add fuel to that fire, a fire which I have personally been trying to drown out since I was a kid in whatever way I could, because the accusations were leveled at me and I got into neighborhood fist fights with rednecky Independent Baptist kids over it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Diocese of Venado Tuerto’s Caritas branch apologized Tuesday for having posted on its social media a prayer to Pachamama, an Andean deity.

“The pachamama is a symbol of fertility, of the earth and the sacredness of life. It is a myth full of spiritual meaning (that) can be used to advantage,” said the now-deleted Aug. 1 post.

“Some religious festivals have a sacred meaning and are occasions for gathering and fraternity. These are the new paths for the Church and for the achievement of an integral ecology. Holy Father Francis. #somoscaritasarag #caritasvt #equipomagrevenadotueto,” the post said.

Wow. Glad they have seen the light and are trying to correct the error.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They absolutely needed to apologize.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

That's a good start, now they should hold a public burning of any pachamama effigies they have lying around. Make sure people see the flames for miles.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's a good start, now they should hold a public burning of any pachamama effigies they have lying around. Make sure people see the flames for miles.
I’ll send the invitations and public notices.

Upvote 0