Student at William Jewell
Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟16,028.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Daily Message Readers,

READ: Acts 18:5-10

BIBLEGATEWAY LINK: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=joshua%207:16-21;&version=47;

Joshua 7:20-21 (NET) Achan told Joshua, ‘It is true. I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel in this way: 21 I saw among the goods we seized a nice robe from Babylon, two hundred silver pieces, and a bar of gold weighing fifty shekels. I wanted them, so I took them. They are hidden in the ground right in the middle of my tent with the silver underneath.;

After the great victory at Jericho (Joshua 6), something entered the camp of the Israelites. The next battle against the overmatched army of Ai resulted in an embarrassing defeat for God’s people. What was the problem? Why could they not conquer such an easy foe?

Deliberate sin.

Read again the topic verses of the offender, Achan, if you have not already. The process of sin began when he 1. saw the goods, 2. coveted or wanted them, 3. when he actually took them and 4. when he tried the loot by burying it. Both David (2 Samuel 10) and James (1:13-15) mention this same process.

Which stage are you at in this process of sin? Have you failed? I've failed many times this past week. Have you wandered? Why not come back and let the blood of Christ cleanse you from your sin, and let the word of God wash you from that filth? Jude 1:24 says, “Now to the one who is able to keep you from falling, and to cause you to stand, rejoicing, without blemish before his glorious presence…'

If we read the word of God and inwardly digest it and implement it into our lives, God is able to keep us from slipping up. May God help you this day to live a life that is pleasing to Him.

Faith Lesson: A little sin leads to more sin.

In Christ,
Darin Smith