Are You Discouraged When Men Our Age Get Younger Counterparts?

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I guess the next couple of questions that come to mind are:

What was the length of time did these 5 guys fall into?

And how serious did you get with each one?

I mean, were these mostly one shot deals or were there relationships attached to each one (excluding the last one of course since he is the present one)?

To me, there is a difference between 5 serious guys in less than 2 years than it is over a longer period of time. If you are just talking about a date or two here and there, no biggie.

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I guess the next couple of questions that come to mind are:

What was the length of time did these 5 guys fall into?

And how serious did you get with each one?

I mean, were these mostly one shot deals or were there relationships attached to each one (excluding the last one of course since he is the present one)?

To me, there is a difference between 5 serious guys in less than 2 years than it is over a longer period of time. If you are just talking about a date or two here and there, no biggie.

I separated in January 2006. I met the 45 yr old in March 2006 and spoke with him over the phone for a couple of weeks before having a lunch date with him. I did not see him again after the lunch date for a few reasons - mostly I decided dating needed to wait until I was officially divorced. So, the rest of the guys were dated sometime after August 2006. My last date - with the 42 yr old - was almost a year before I met my current BF. None of the previous guys made it past 3 dates for one reason or another.

There were at least 3 months between each guy I dated. I have had and am content with longer stretches of singleness. I dated guys that varied in age and interests/careers, etc. I try not to box myself in to a specific "type" that I will date. In fact, if I did, I wouldn't be dating my BF now b/c he is a redneck/reformed bad boy...which is a total mismatch with my good girl stereotype. :p

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I actually like dating ladies older than me. I have done all the "go-go-go" stuff I wanna do. I am ready to just relax, go to church, be with my kids, and have a good woman beside me.

You know, the normal stuff...lol
Hey! Us older women aren't all sitting in a rocking chair yet. If I hadn't broken my ankle (walking down two stairs in my garage) I'd have taken a learn to ride motorcylcle course by now. For now I'm content to sit behind my 56yr old fiance on his bike. Next month is a trip to the river and Sea doos for the first time for me, winter will hopefully be back on skiis, and hopefully soon I'll be back dancing country. Ok, I need to get ready to go the gym now.

Upvote 0

Johnathan1969

Aug 18, 2009
✟135.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Age is such a irrelivant variable within this subject. My last G/F I dated was 26 when I was 39. If you have never dated anyone that much younger than you, trust me, you are not missing out.
I have another G/F that is 26 as of a month ago, and she is as mature as a G/F I have that is 51. Age does not matter; maturity and faith do, IMHO.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Age is such a irrelivant variable within this subject. My last G/F I dated was 26 when I was 39. If you have never dated anyone that much younger than you, trust me, you are not missing out.
I have another G/F that is 26 as of a month ago, and she is as mature as a G/F I have that is 51. Age does not matter; maturity and faith do, IMHO.

You're probably right, maybe alot of the men that date women half their age aren't looking at the number of years at all, but they are more likely looking at how great their bodies are. Also the fact that younger women would be easier to control than women their own age. But other than that, age is irrelevant for sure. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My GF says I'm a boy at heart because I love the simple things in life so often and tend not to see the offences that others take in situations. Well, if growing up is directly related to how seriously we take situations I'm not interested in growing up. I look to provide for me and my own even tho its pretty hard in this down economy, that is grown up. Lucky its just me right now, as I'd not have enough income to provide for a small group right now ... :)

A few thoughts on that topic ...
dayhiker

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

Do you feel sometimes singles 30 and older are disapointed that men our age get younger counterparts and think that we do not matter or not suitable for marriage because the younger has a lot to offer, but Christian men 30 and over think we don't have nothing to offer and we are not desireable?
Hm, I do get discouraged because it just seems then there are fewer men available in my age range. But I have to remember that there are indeed men my age or a bit older who want to date me. So it's not "ALL" men who seek to date women 10 to 20 years younger (or more) than they are. And really, who I end up with is in God's hands, and I'm petitioning Him to make a good match for me.

But for the record, I dated a guy 7 years younger than me, and it was a waste of my time. But mostly because of who he was -- I don't have anything against younger men.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My GF says I'm a boy at heart because I love the simple things in life so often and tend not to see the offences that others take in situations. Well, if growing up is directly related to how seriously we take situations I'm not interested in growing up. I look to provide for me and my own even tho its pretty hard in this down economy, that is grown up. Lucky its just me right now, as I'd not have enough income to provide for a small group right now ... :)

A few thoughts on that topic ...
dayhiker

Ha Ha I don't want to grow up either lol. IMO maturity is more about how we handle difficult situations. Like at first, you are in despair, because your faith is weak, but as you grow, you should be able to trust God more and more, so everything that happens isn't "the end of the world" so to speak.
I would date someone maybe if they were a year or two younger, but I "prefer" men at least my age and hopefully a couple years older.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
mbM .. Ya, marture people can handle what's thrown at them ... good point.

:)

Right! But we can still be silly, goofy, crazy and all that stuff but THAT doesn't make us mature or immature IMO. It's the not being able to handle trials without thinking the sky is falling that makes one immature.
JMHO :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ChooseTheRight

Jan 11, 2008
✟15,603.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you feel sometimes singles 30 and older are disapointed that men our age get younger counterparts and think that we do not matter or not suitable for marriage because the younger has a lot to offer, but Christian men 30 and over think we don't have nothing to offer and we are not desireable?
Not all men. I myself would take an older woman over a younger one anyday and I don't think I'm the only one. I think that men who date younger girls are trying to recapture something from there youth. As if the girl there dating being say 25, automaticly makes them 25. Its pathetic. This doesn't seem to be the case with women.

For me, older women are usually more willing to sit down and chat, cuddle or just play. I know this is a christian website, But to be honest, there sexier by far, than younger girls and more willing to be flirty and naughty. They also don't seem to be quite as materialistic either. There also usually more loyal and giving of themselves. One more thing. They usually know what they wan't in life. That is so refreshing. Communication is important to me.

Nope, Give me an older woman with her engine running anyday, rather than some silly little girl who is more interested in what's in my bank account or who I'm friends with or what car I drive or some other pointless whooha, than in me as a person.

With that being said, the last girl I dated was 48 and she was the biggest kid I ever met. She was looking for some sort of Prince type to come along and carry her off. I live in Scotland and she was an American girl. She just couldn't get it into her head, that the American immigration system doesn't care about what she want's and will not just let me live there because she said so.

If she had been willing to get off her lazy behind and get a job, then things might have been differant. She would have needed to be able to support me for at least 6 months, before they were willing to give me a temp work visa. I'm not trying to be funny, But I thought that was more than fair, But she thought they were just being difficult to spite her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
J

Jenster

*hijack*

I'm not trying to be funny, But I thought that was more than fair, But she thought they were just being difficult to spite her.
It's interesting how sometimes people personalize bureaucracy, which is indeed difficult and at times nonsensical. I tend to believe, though, that the system is broken and it's all about a lack of communication and efficiency. And maybe effort. But to be sure, there may be individual civil servants who don't care how their "customers" are treated and may even seem to relish NOT giving people what they want, and that is unfortunate.

*end hijack*

Upvote 0

ChooseTheRight

Jan 11, 2008
✟15,603.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*hijack*

It's interesting how sometimes people personalize bureaucracy, which is indeed difficult and at times nonsensical. I tend to believe, though, that the system is broken and it's all about a lack of communication and efficiency. And maybe effort. But to be sure, there may be individual civil servants who don't care how their "customers" are treated and may even seem to relish NOT giving people what they want, and that is unfortunate.

*end hijack*
I agree that the system is broken, But I also feel that what was expected of us was perfectly reasonable. She just didn't seem to understand that.

As I said. She is the exception to the rule and I have found most older girls to be very realistic in there expectations and seem to appreciate any effort made by a man for them.

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
With that being said, the last girl I dated was 48 and she was the biggest kid I ever met. She was looking for some sort of Prince type to come along and carry her off. I live in Scotland and she was an American girl. She just couldn't get it into her head, that the American immigration system doesn't care about what she want's and will not just let me live there because she said so.

If she had been willing to get off her lazy behind and get a job, then things might have been differant. She would have needed to be able to support me for at least 6 months, before they were willing to give me a temp work visa. I'm not trying to be funny, But I thought that was more than fair, But she thought they were just being difficult to spite her.

So, you thought it was more than fair that she support you b/c of limitations imposed by Immigration laws. But, you thought she was just looking for some "Prince" to carry her off? Sounds to me like you were expecting a bit of the same there. :|

Upvote 0