chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus says this to His disciples in Matt:18

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

would you like to expand on the second temple period usage of the phrase to bind and to loose?

Steve

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe there are many disciples on this earth today. If one were led and taught by the Spirit of Jesus he would have a time convincing Christianity that God lives outside of a book.
Thankfully the great majority of Christians who are not Protestants do believe that God lives outside of a book! ;)

Reactions: MrPolo
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thankfully the great majority of Christians who are not Protestants do believe that God lives outside of a book! ;)

Well, wasn't it Peter who said the written word is a more sure word of prophecy?

2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
2Pe 1:20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Well, was it not Peter who wrote the promises we need to know to escape corruption and never fall?
Was it not Peter who wrote about how to enter heaven by a landslide?

2Pe 1:4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

If you have a source other than the gospel of Jesus Christ to be saved, please let us know.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

fwiwwl

SINNER
Nov 7, 2005
✟1,258.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, wasn't it Peter who said the written word is a more sure word of prophecy?

2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
2Pe 1:20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Well, was it not Peter who wrote the promises we need to know to escape corruption and never fall?

2Pe 1:4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

If you have a source other than the gospel of Jesus Christ to be saved, please let us know.

until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: I wonder who this might be?? I have the day star as my source.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
:kiss:

I don't believe there are many disciples on this earth today. If one were led and taught by the Spirit of Jesus he would have a time convincing Christianity that God lives outside of a book.
Do you believe that the Scriptures are "just a book"?
It was Jesus who taught me to say "it is Written".
Or did i misundertand your post?

Some things never change
Always such a blessing to read your posts!!
:hug:

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm a disciple of the Roman papist cult from hell and I will be saved by my own good works!!!!!!

o_O
Wrong Answer: :wave:Tts 3:5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
quote=sunlover1;:kiss:
:blush:...don't,... stop,... (lol)
Not technicaly. Only when they are bound together in print,... then that is "just a book" technicaly speaking in the briefest of descriptions.
I don't see a misunderstanding here.:cool:

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is a long way from Scripture being "a more sure word" to Scripture being the only Word. Scripture is primary. Scripture is our normative standard to consult. Scipture contains all we need for salvation; nothing anyone adds is need for salvattion (justificition).

Or do you BELIEVE

A CHRISTIAN IS A BORN-AGAIN BELIEVER IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WHO:
  1. Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally inspired Bible;
  2. Believes that whatever the Bible says is so;
  3. Judges all things by the Bible and is judged only by the Bible;
progress.gif

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:blush:...don't,... stop,... (lol)
No,.. you dont! lol
Cool thread/ less is more!

Not technicaly. Only when they are bound together in print,... then that is "just a book" technicaly speaking in the briefest of descriptions.
These guys ... oh man.. gotta see this:

YouTube - KimyalBible10minute

I don't see a misunderstanding here.:cool:[/quote]
Okay Mr. Spokesman.

Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

Ortho_Cat

Orthodox Christian
Aug 12, 2009
KS
✟21,039.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

What do you think he is referring to when he says "binding and loosing" here?

Upvote 0

fwiwwl

SINNER
Nov 7, 2005
✟1,258.00
Faith
Non-Denom
:kiss:

Some things never change
Always such a blessing to read your posts!!
:hug:

[FONT=&quot]If Jesus walked on this earth today he would be rejected if He weren’t carrying the Bible! Gash in his side, nail holes and beat beyond recognition, you would ask, where’s your word? [/FONT]

Upvote 0