Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is a claim made by many that we live on a flat Earth and that all talks about space travel and planets are part of a conspiracy since they don't really exist as described. What are the pros and cons to this subject? How about the gyroscope on airplanes argument?

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This one's been beat to death already........
The flat earth
The Earth IS Flat
From your standpoint perhaps. But please note that not EVERYONE has been exposed to the same information. One reason is that I usually skipped the whole thing as silly and didn't read the reasons why they were saying such a thing. I imagine that there are plenty of others who are doing the same.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
From your standpoint perhaps. But please note that not EVERYONE haw been exposed to the same information.
Well, now they have been since I just posted the links..........

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks. I will take a look. I have watched various videos. Some raise questions concerning why gyroscopes on planes don't compensate for Earth curvature.

• Agree
Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

The more threads the better.

It's like that nagging pain that you keep seeing your doctor about.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is a claim made by many that we live on a flat Earth and that all talks about space travel and planets are part of a conspiracy since they don't really exist as described. What are the pros and cons to this subject? How about the gyroscope on airplanes argument?
man you got this idea from kyrie irving

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Easily proven false but more importantly, there are two disturbing factors here.

1. Those that adhere to this 1400th century mentality, seem to think everyone else has to accept their views. They are forceful, and in one of the definitions of heresy, that fits.

2. Ultimately this is a non-issue! We all have a calling, have work to do, and a need to learn all that God would have us learn in terms of our daily walk. This is then nothing more than a distraction... something to take our eyes away from the work God has for us. That alone tells us where this doctrine comes from. IMHO

Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1. Those that adhere to this 1400th century mentality, seem to think everyone else has to accept their views. They are forceful, and in one of the definitions of heresy, that fits.

Heliocentrism has its roots all the way back to the beginning of the mystery schools.

Hermes Trismegistus for example.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask as well... is it ONLY the earth or the rest of the celestial bodies as well? I ask because I took a picture through my telescope the other night of the moon. I noticed later that the craters in the middle by the light/dark line... were facing me... but the ones near the top were facing UP which is what they should be if the moon is a ball. So the moon IS a ball, I saw it with my own eyes... but the earth is flat??? Because somebody has an inability to reconcile an issue with a gyroscope? Gosh... in the late 1940's we video taped from planes going around the world with spotters videoing the planes from the ground... all around the world. This was debunked 600 YEARS ago. :)

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,754.00
Faith
Atheist
Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a claim made by many that we live on a flat Earth
Nova has a very good program about how the Universe did not expand or inflate so much as the universe unfolded. There is talk about the ancient Japanese art of origami is becoming a scientific theory for creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Heliocentrism has its roots all the way back to the beginning of the mystery schools.

Hermes Trismegistus for example.
And for good reason. In the end, this remains a non-issue... a distraction. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree.

Let me ask,

Do you accept the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection?
You don't agree that the earth revolves around the sun? Heliocentricism is the sun at the center of the solar system with the planets revolving around it. I think that is a sound conclusion... I think anything less means you have millions of amateur astronomers (like myself) in cahoots with the government.... and no, I believe in adaptation but not evolution.

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You don't agree that the earth revolves around the sun? Heliocentricism is the sun at the center of the solar system with the planets revolving around it. I think that is a sound conclusion... I think anything less means you have millions of amateur astronomers (like myself) in cahoots with the government.... and no, I believe in adaptation but not evolution.

"And no, I believe in adaptation but not evolution." And how does that fly in scrutiny of the evolutionist e.g. Richard Dawkins?

"amateur astronomers" So you look at lights with your telescope with convex lens and conclude the Earth is spinning and orbiting around the sun?

The Sun is not the center of Creation the Earth is, read genesis.

Also have you challenged your world view by looking at the opposing reasoning?

I know we were educated in Heliocentricism

Upvote 0