Are we happy, hopeful people?

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It does Paul. We try to do that. I must admit it is a bit of a tightrope to walk though because even Jesus cried out in pain and suffering. And St. Paul in Romans 8 talks about the groanings of our spirits. I guess we have to have everything in balance. Ni know that personally I put out a very cheery exterior most of the time when I am crying inside. But then Inguess I would not want it any other way. Ni hate to be a drain on people and to spoil their day.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
If I "rain on your parade" it wouldn't make much difference, given the wet weather in England ? :)
We are having unusual hot , sunny weather here this week , Paul .

And to be honest it makes me grumpy , and most others too . :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
LOL Tad. I had better remember that! I presume you have air conditioning? Does it normally get that hot there?

We do. Power went out for a couple of hours last night though. Always angst provoking. We do expect it to get warm here. We should be in monsoon season right now, which cools things off a bit, but makes it awfully muggy. Birding gets really slow this time of year too.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On second thoughts, I'm quite happy in my little comfort zone here. I'd like to see the rest of you people out of yours. it will be good for you. Character building in fact!

They say that artist's can't afford to get comfortable. If you're an artist and you're feeling comfortable something needs to change.

I wonder if that wouldn't hold true for us Catholics as well.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
To paraphrase Bl. Mother Teresa, today God is giving us a taste of what He has saved us from.
Remind me to avoid Tuscon in Summer on my world-wind tour of the States after a retire!

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
They say that artist's can't afford to get comfortable. If you're an artist and you're feeling comfortable something needs to change.

I wonder if that wouldn't hold true for us Catholics as well.
Getting physically fit will be my first goal.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You should visit just for the surrealness of the heat.
We get heatwaves in Summer here in Perth, Western Australia. Without aircons at home you start to go troppo, stark raving mad!

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0